Just ordered my daughter one of those skins from this site. Anyone put one of these on their Bold ? Just curious..

BlackBerry Bold Skins @ DecalGirl.com
    05-03-09 05:56 PM
    I don't have one but I checked out the link, some of them actually look pretty cool. Do u know if those decals will protect the bold from scratches?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 06:09 PM
    I believe so...from what I can tell

05-03-09 06:10 PM
    Hmm that's cool. There is one that kind of looks like the skin the sony vaio has...I really like it. And also this way I can protect my bold from scratches and still use my leather holster as opposed to using those sillicon cases.

I really like that the sillicon case will help to protect it from drops and things like that but man it makes it hard to type.

So it seems like decals are the way to go.

please update me when u get the decal.

Thanx.

05-03-09 06:15 PM
    Well, I'm gonna give it a shot on my daughters... See how it turns out... Ill post some screenshots

05-03-09 06:15 PM
    Well, I'm looking for an alternative so I can drop mine in a desktop charger..I don't want the plug to start wearing out on the side from unplugging it in and out all the time..

05-03-09 06:18 PM
    I don't have one on my bold (use bodyguardz). But have one on my ipod and it does a decent job of protecting it from scratches.

05-03-09 06:19 PM
    Right nw I have a siedio incase and holster... And can't use the connectors at the bottom because the case covers them..

05-03-09 06:19 PM
    I want to see this as well. Looks pretty cool!
    05-03-09 06:21 PM
    I had one on my 8100, and it was great! I ended up putting a clear case over it, just to save it more, but was real easy to apply and ooked great. I also thought it protected good too,. Haven't triied on the bold.

05-03-09 08:15 PM
    I wanna be able to use my charging cradle...

05-03-09 08:31 PM
    You should be fine, as they are not bulky.

05-03-09 08:46 PM
    I have one on my Bold! And I absolutely LOVE it! It covers all the necessary parts, and keeps everything all neat & protected! I use in conjunction with the OEM BlackBerry top slide pouch.

Will post pictures later tonight! Just jumped on as a quick break from my papers!
    05-03-09 09:02 PM
    Here are the pictures. Excuse the fact that they are not more "professionally done." My digital camera is nowhere to be found at the moment, so I had to resort to the camera on my MacBook!

Anyways, I have the clairvue anti-glare (aka matte finish) screen protector on there, and then I put the decal girl on top of it. Makes a nice little combo

Also, just a random fact to throw out there: I just convinced my friend to switch to a BlackBerry. She's with Sprint and was on her 3rd HTC phone. She swapped, and absolutely loved the way I had my phone set-up with the decal & themes, that we ordered her a decal just like mine, except hers are blue and brown, as well as the clairvue anti-glare screen protector as well. I have to install it for her when it all comes in
    Last edited by xoxoxKN; 05-03-09 at 09:33 PM.
    05-03-09 09:30 PM
    i had one for my curve, they are supposed to come off clean, but beware. mine pulled off a little bit of the clear coat on the curve. it was kinda cool to have on though. i wonder how they are going to stick on the leather back though.
    05-03-09 10:23 PM
    Pretty cool idea, could you take a picture with matching wallpaper?
    05-03-09 10:26 PM
    Here are the pictures. Excuse the fact that they are not more "professionally done." My digital camera is nowhere to be found at the moment, so I had to resort to the camera on my MacBook!

Anyways, I have the clairvue anti-glare (aka matte finish) screen protector on there, and then I put the decal girl on top of it. Makes a nice little combo

Also, just a random fact to throw out there: I just convinced my friend to switch to a BlackBerry. She's with Sprint and was on her 3rd HTC phone. She swapped, and absolutely loved the way I had my phone set-up with the decal & themes, that we ordered her a decal just like mine, except hers are blue and brown, as well as the clairvue anti-glare screen protector as well. I have to install it for her when it all comes in
    I like it!! I have a question though.. By looking at the photos, it looks like the front, where the call, menu,back and end call buttons are, that the decal skin is seperated around those buttons.. Just curious.. is it hard to put on ? and what suggestions do you have to install it... My daughter has a screen protector which i put on, but I didnt do to hot of a job and the edges were bubbling up a bit..
    05-04-09 07:29 AM
    Pretty cool idea, could you take a picture with matching wallpaper?
    they email you the wallpaper that goes with your specific skin.. Its pretty cool..
    05-04-09 07:30 AM
    I like it!! I have a question though.. By looking at the photos, it looks like the front, where the call, menu,back and end call buttons are, that the decal skin is seperated around those buttons.. Just curious.. is it hard to put on ? and what suggestions do you have to install it... My daughter has a screen protector which i put on, but I didnt do to hot of a job and the edges were bubbling up a bit..
    Yes, the talk button is 1, the blackberry button & go back button is 1, and the end/power button is 1. They were not hard to put on at all, those were actually some of the easiest pieces to put on. I'm sending you a reply to your private message as soon as I post this, as it's my 10th
    05-04-09 07:49 PM
    they email you the wallpaper that goes with your specific skin.. Its pretty cool..

I do not have the matching wallpaper installed, as I have a theme on my phone and have no desire for the matching wallpaper. But, as stated below - they send you a code that is printed on the sheet of decals where you can go to d'load it.
    05-04-09 07:50 PM

Came out okay.. I don't like the way the rear sticker doesn't cover all the way around the back housing.. Oher than that, its pretty cool for 6.99...

05-10-09 08:06 PM
    Can you post a pic of the back?
    05-10-09 09:05 PM
    Can you post a pic of the back?

05-24-09 08:51 PM

With the hybrid case over it, looks pretty sweet

05-24-09 08:58 PM
    Another (excellent) source for skins like these is Gelaskins.com, I have one on all of my iPods, my laptop, and on my girlfriend's iPod and RAZR. I'm considering ordering one for my Bold too.
    05-25-09 12:49 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD