http://http://www.engadget.com/2009/...tour-unboxing/

HOT!!

Just... NO WIFI!??!?! WUT!
    Last edited by bmwmpower; 07-01-09 at 12:37 PM.
    07-01-09 12:35 PM
    Looks very very similar to the 8900, why not just get a 8900 with wifi?
    07-01-09 12:38 PM
    seriously, except that it is slightly larger it looks just like the 8900
    07-01-09 12:40 PM
    The 8900 is cool but it's a heap of cheap plastic. I think this is more geared towards business users than teens
    07-01-09 12:40 PM
    It seems it's using the 8900's 480x360 LCD as opposed to a bigger or different screen. Not a bad thing but I do enjoy the Bold's large screen.
    07-01-09 12:42 PM
    Is that micro-usb i see on the lower right corner? Yuck. Bad port, bad position. Phone looks super good though.
    07-01-09 12:42 PM
    Love the black trackball. Is that a Verizon SIM card? O.o

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 12:43 PM
    except for the battery door the 8900 and tour are made of the same material, including the cheap chrome bezel that will wear off or peel off. Both are good phones but why take a tour and put it on tmobile when tmo already has the 8900? It just does not make sense. The 8900 is the thinnest and lightest blackberry and it has wifi. Putting a Tour on tmo would make it less of a phone.
    07-01-09 01:05 PM
    Why downgrade to a tour on AT&T when the bold is here? I don't get it. It's a 8900 with a 9000 keyboard. This is ONLY an upgrade for 83xx Verizon and Sprint users. This doesn't excite any AT&T users for the most part.
    07-01-09 01:05 PM
    and it is using the 8900's screen and new features like the convienence keys, phone lock buttons and micro USB. The micro USB is kind of a pain but the point is the new tech came on the 8900 first
    07-01-09 01:07 PM
    The Bold is WAS the best blackberry but is now clearly being outdated with better screens, cameras, processors and functionality.
    07-01-09 01:08 PM
    The Bold is WAS the best blackberry but is now clearly being outdated with better screens, cameras, processors and functionality.
    Functionality? Please show me what the Tour can do that the Bold cannot? Can you say WiFi AND GPS?

BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)
    Last edited by mookish; 07-01-09 at 01:16 PM.
    07-01-09 01:12 PM
    Functionality? Please show me what the Tour can do that the Bold cannot? Can you say WiFi AND GPS?
    Connect to the superior Verizon network.

I kid, I kid .
    07-01-09 01:16 PM
    Connect to the superior Verizon network.

I kid, I kid .
    Even so, that's not a limitation of the device itself. Even if true...
    07-01-09 01:20 PM
    I am especially considering the screen camera and processor. The BOLD is a awsome phone and I mean awsome!! The bolds screen and camera are outdated, the processor on the bold is still the fastest(I believe)but you can not deny the BOLD is becoming outdated just simply by the amount of time that has passed since the BOLD's release. My grandfather is a strong man but he can't bench press what he could when he was 25 years old. I dropped my BOLD for the 8900 and have never looked back. Can you say UMA? Connected UMA at work and home(where I spend most of my time) and the wifi crushes any form of 3G.
    07-01-09 01:22 PM
    Nope I would rather have the 8900 with wifi. Plus you can't get 3G with it on ATT or Tmobile. Plus the Bold is faster and supports NA 3G so you can get simultaneous voice and data. I also like the size of the Bold much better.

07-01-09 01:28 PM
    I am especially considering the screen camera and processor. The BOLD is a awsome phone and I mean awsome!! The bolds screen and camera are outdated, the processor on the bold is still the fastest(I believe)but you can not deny the BOLD is becoming outdated just simply by the amount of time that has passed since the BOLD's release. My grandfather is a strong man but he can't bench press what he could when he was 25 years old. I dropped my BOLD for the 8900 and have never looked back. Can you say UMA? Connected UMA at work and home(where I spend most of my time) and the wifi crushes any form of 3G.
    The tour has UMA? that's odd with no wifi.....remember the question was asked about the tour on tmo or att, not the 8900. I'd rather have an old lambo, than a new honda.
    Last edited by mookish; 07-01-09 at 01:33 PM.
    07-01-09 01:30 PM
    He's saying the 8900 has UMA.

Can't really see giving up a 3G + wifi device for a phone with one or neither of those features. Having both is awesome.
    07-01-09 01:33 PM
    He's saying the 8900 has UMA.

Can't really see giving up a 3G + wifi device for a phone with one or neither of those features. Having both is awesome.
    Correct, but the question was about the Tour, so why bring up the 8900 and UMA? Tour can't do that.

And a copule of pixels on a smaller screen, and the tour camera is just a better crappy camera.
    07-01-09 01:35 PM
    Jeez, why the animosity towards the OP? He just bought a phone and is excited about it. Just congratulate him and move on instead of being an azz about it. Who cares if it don't have WiFi, no one asked you to buy it.
    07-01-09 02:19 PM
    that's one good looking phone. So is the 8900 and the bold. I want them all LOL. I won't be getting this one, still liking the bold to much. the 8900 is amazing (I use it allot ) But still like the bold better
    07-01-09 02:33 PM
    Nah. Having both a 9000 and 8900, no need for a Tour. If I only had a Bold
    and I could switch it for a Tour, performance wise it's a downgrade. Camera
    is nicer yes, but I take pics on my phone for quick shots of something.
    07-01-09 02:42 PM
    Thanks, man. But I didn't buy a Tour. They're not even out yet. The pictures are sourced from the article I posted.

Bold for life. (or at least until a Bold 2 comes out with a better camera)

Jeez, why the animosity towards the OP? He just bought a phone and is excited about it. Just congratulate him and move on instead of being an azz about it. Who cares if it don't have WiFi, no one asked you to buy it.
    07-01-09 02:48 PM
    Although I really like the looks of the BB Tour, I just got my BB Bold, and can't see myself using a BB device that locks down GPS, and doesn't support WiFi again, so I'm planning on waiting for the BB Onyx.
    07-01-09 02:48 PM
    I'm just going to hold out for the onyx. I'm glad that verizon is getting this phone. I feel bad for all the people who upgraded to the storm. At least the people who went back to there curves will be able to upgrade to this beauty. Still sticking with my bold though.

07-08-09 11:55 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD