Shawsomekid likes this.
    10-12-19 08:28 AM
    @iddsteve
    What’s his crackberry username?
    10-12-19 08:48 AM
    What’s his crackberry username?
    Sorry wrong, its @idssteve
    10-12-19 12:28 PM
    Haha... That be me... Lol. I'm certainly not the only one, tho.

Still primary carry this VZW 9930. It NEVER leaves my person. Like a "Super Pager", it affords real time 24/7 availability in ways preferred over anything else I own.

Due mostly to software neglect it's grown limited for some functions. Functions like banking, ordering, cloud storage, etc, etc. Things I might go all week not needing but "secondary carry" keeps those options available as needed. Which is why I've dual carried my Giants along with 99 since 2014. They get used about 10% of my use case and spend much time charging at desk, or out in vehicle. I've no hesitation about carrying two devices tho. Just not really needed most times.

This Agent99.30 has nearly grown to my hand! It's bottom edge has formed a perceptible indention in my forth finger! Lol. I've slept with it in hand in anticipation of impending call or message from 11 time zones away countless nights! Vibration in hand wakes me without disturbing wife, among other things. Lol. She frequently awakes anyway and proofs my grammar... Depending on "first language" of the contact. She teases of checking they're not a girl friend... Hehe... Actually a compliment at THIS age! Lol.

Thanks to powering thru battery swaps, this thing never leaves my person even for battery charging! It's been so many years since usb was plugged in, I wouldn't guarantee its usb port still works! A feature NONE of my "modern" giants enjoys.

The Bold series truly were evolved around an alternate lifestyle. 9900/30 represented the ultimate flagship achievement of that evolution. A sadly under appreciated achievement, imo.

Agent99.30 is "short timing" tho. Thanks to Verizon's cdma sunset, among other things. I've already prepared an Agent class 99.00 for continued service on ATT. Problem is, ATT coverage is non-existent at some frequented jobsites. Assuming VZW's coverage doesn't degrade with their "upgrade" (a common theme in this industry. Lol), my K2LE might be forced into "Primary Carry" when on VZW. It currently enjoys best VZW signal of all my Droid Giants. Not sure what VZW's "upgrades" will do to Classic, tho... Still hopeful there but not counting on ANYthing, these days. Lol.

If OP is curious about experiencing these exquisite little gems, I'd recommend planning to dual carry. At least for a while. Once you let it into your life, you just might find it addictively compelling! This site got its name for a reason! Lol.
    anon(10512033) likes this.
    10-13-19 06:51 AM
    Hey I still use it. I rotate my phones weekly but the 9900 still gets its turn.
    Nothing wrong with it, the only thing I complain about is the browser, but typically I don't need it while at work
    anon(10512033) likes this.
    10-18-19 03:43 PM
    The 9900 is my everyday carry. There are a few more people around who still have a Bold or another BlackBerry OS device as their main phone.

And there's always the odd experimenter who comes through and uses it for a few days or a few weeks and then disappears.
    Blaby likes this.
    10-19-19 11:10 AM
    Awesome! Cool to know there's still plenty of users out there

Posted via CB10
    10-20-19 05:00 AM
    does anyone know how to get YouTube to work my Mobile YouTube is just blank on my bold 9900
    10-21-19 05:16 PM
    @idssteve you are not alone! Me here too! =)
    My agent 99.00 is kinda failing but I ordered new parts for it so it can look as shiny as possible and non-stop working, bcz the new "OEM" batteries are sh*t and my bold is not working stable so yea. After the parts come I will make it a star LOL. Everything works on it but android apps =)
    Yea also... rip 2020/1/1 BBW.
    idssteve likes this.
    11-18-19 09:59 PM
    does anyone know how to get YouTube to work my Mobile YouTube is just blank on my bold 9900
    Works decently with Opera Mini. once you find the tiny red arrow... upper left. (took me a while to find that... lol)
    11-18-19 10:16 PM
    @idssteve you are not alone! Me here too! =)
    My agent 99.00 is kinda failing but I ordered new parts for it so it can look as shiny as possible and non-stop working, bcz the new "OEM" batteries are sh*t and my bold is not working stable so yea. After the parts come I will make it a star LOL. Everything works on it but android apps =)
    Yea also... rip 2020/1/1 BBW.
    some battery problems turn out to be contact related. doesn't take much oxidation, or even finger oils, to foul up battery management. I carry and use a DeoxitGold pen to assist connections.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour..._nI2EUJ00ROVuR

a little dab will do ya! lol.
    11-18-19 10:24 PM
    yea but i think the problem is somewhere different
    here: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...a-1178675-new/
    11-19-19 12:56 AM
    I'm quite surprised I can still get decent maps!
    Not from BlackBerry, but both Wisepilot and Google Maps still work and have updated maps!

Now about that browser...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-19-19 01:56 AM
    Funny story
    I found one new boxed BB Bold 9900 in my basement. It looks really awesome.
    it boots up fine but has old big sim slot, i will look for an adapter.
    Not sure it will work with my operator, but will try.
    01-02-20 08:54 AM
    The 9900 is my weekend carry. I had some problems with the Lock button, but I swapped the metal frame with one from a dead 9900 (about 15 minutes work with a razor and a Torx driver) and good as new.
    01-02-20 09:49 AM
    99 is SOooo marvelously repairable! Designed for the LOOONG haul... A lesson in "green" sustainability that must one day be revisited... Should sanity ever again prevail... Lol.
    01-03-20 08:08 AM
    99 is SOooo marvelously repairable! Designed for the LOOONG haul... A lesson in "green" sustainability that must one day be revisited... Should sanity ever again prevail... Lol.
    The current slab OEM's (which is all of them) want people to buy new shiny $1000+ slabs every two years.

Not exactly "green-friendly" lol
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    01-03-20 08:57 AM
    The current slab OEM's (which is all of them) want people to buy new shiny $1000+ slabs every two years.

Not exactly "green-friendly" lol
    Well, I could swallow the "disposa-slab" at $10. $1000 should be considered durable goods... Imo. How many folks buy new washers, dryers, fridges, etc every two yrs? ?? Repairability should be expected... Imo.

Of course I grew up in a generation when, in highschool, only wimps paid more than $10 for a car and spent less than 3 weeks getting it running. Lol. Half the hoods were popped after school... Kids filing points, etc. With finger nail files borrowed from girlfriends... Lol.

Hands on troubleshooting and corrective skillsets that have served much of a generation well. Interviewing modern "engineering" grads these days is truly frightening. Lol.
    01-03-20 09:25 AM
    Well, I could swallow the "disposa-slab" at $10. $1000 should be considered durable goods... Imo. How many folks buy new washers, dryers, fridges, etc every two yrs? ?? Repairability should be expected... Imo.

Of course I grew up in a generation when, in highschool, only wimps paid more than $10 for a car and spent less than 3 weeks getting it running. Lol. Half the hoods were popped after school... Kids filing points, etc. With finger nail files borrowed from girlfriends... Lol.

Hands on troubleshooting and corrective skillsets that have served much of a generation well. Interviewing modern "engineering" grads these days is truly frightening. Lol.
    Yup, we went from a generation of "fix it" to "replace it".

Unfortunately I wasn't really around in the "fix it" period.
    01-03-20 09:44 AM
    A Moto Micro TAC was over $3,000....

Today the "average" purchased price for a smartphone is only $528 in the USA. With an average of 33 months replacement cycle... almost three years. In other markets the prices are much lower and the replacement cycle much longer.

In fact there is an "industry analyst Toni Sacconaghi from Bernstein, who says that the average iPhone upgrade time has increased to four years, up from three years in fiscal 2018." And Apple clearly expects their phones to be in use for at least five years, as they are supporting them that long.

Are there some people buying a new $1,000+ phones ever two years (or one year) of course there are. But that isn't the norm.
    01-03-20 10:04 AM
    Yup, we went from a generation of "fix it" to "replace it".

Unfortunately I wasn't really around in the "fix it" period.
    We're all still "fix'n it"... Willingly or not. Lol. Just with keys (or touches? Lol) rather than wrenches? Lol. Of course fix'n things ourselves decentralizes command over our personal lives. A concept too incompatible with centralized command mentality that seems so dominant these days. Lol.

I frequently ponder if "old timers" worried as much about the globe's future when observing US as youngsters? Lol. Of course rather than concern over what kind of world we're leaving to our kids, one of my clients is fond of asking "What kind of kids are we leaving to the world?". lol.

I just don't see how the Apple-Samsung hardware sales business model will maintain dominance in future decades once every human on the globe owns 7 of the things... Or maybe 30? Lol. Long run, decades from now, might we possibly discover more value in RIM's SAF business model?
    01-03-20 10:40 AM
    Heck, yes. Still rockin' the casbah!

mushroom_daddy and idssteve like this.
    01-10-20 04:28 PM
    Heck, yes. Still rockin' the casbah!

I still used mine last week!
    The problem I have, apart from web browsing, is my battery. Already on my "backup" but it's a bit flaky. Sometimes it just drops to near zero really quickly after humming along nicely for most of the day. It's not like I suddenly hit a poor coverage area.

I'm afraid the batteries are nearing the end and nobody makes new ones anymore

Other than that, it's still a super efficient communication tool for me and works great.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-20 09:32 PM
    I still used mine last week!
    The problem I have, apart from web browsing, is my battery... I'm afraid the batteries are nearing the end and nobody makes new ones anymore
    Posted via CB10
    I hope this helps: Four years ago, I had a battery (the only one I had taken) fail while on travel. After being laughed out the local AT&T store and a couple of mobile repair shops, I found a new Duracell JM-1 in a Batteries+ store.

The downside was it was $50!! -- but I really didn't wanna do without, so I smiled and forked it over.

Give them a try! Good luck!

01-18-20 05:25 PM
35 12