I'd like your thoughts if you made the switch from the storm2 to the bold 9650. Likes and dislikes?
    07-06-10 06:32 PM
    I gave my Storm 2 to my sales guy and have not looked back, I didnt think anything would replace my Storm 2, this did.
    1. The ability to use this device 1 handed is huge for me
    2. Better battery life, I can go all day and thats all I need. Storm 2 needed a charge around 5-6 pm.
    3. Its lighter
    4. It seems the blackeberry operating system is better suited for a track pad and keyboard, I cant put my finger on what and why it just is.
    5. Navigating with a track pad vs. your finger is much more intuitive.
    07-06-10 06:48 PM
    I agree... the BlackBerry OS is a lot more seamless with a physical keyboard. Just too many shortcuts you can't do with a Storm/Storm2.
    07-06-10 06:50 PM
    Interesting. How is it with the smaller screen?
    07-06-10 06:52 PM
    Interesting. How is it with the smaller screen?
    It's the only downside but you get a physical keyboard in return. But the main reason I got rid of my Storm2 was the clicking sound (when typing) was too loud for quiet rooms.
    07-06-10 07:02 PM
    I thought I would miss the bigger screen, i don't. I'll gladly give that up for a full key board and track pad.
    07-06-10 07:07 PM
    Yes I moved from storm 2 to bold 9650.
    Best moved I made I always had a physical keyboard traditional blackberry but I decided to give storm 2 a try. After a week I gave it right back. I found I could not type nearly as fast as I do I a hard keyboad. Also, I was just faster on a trackball/trackpad devices. Sacrafices was the larger screen for viewing emails and videos but I got over it fast. Best moved I made was to go back to a reg. bb keyboard. Now I'm rockin bold 9650 best bb to date.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-06-10 07:07 PM
    Still have both, but haven't used my S2 since I got the 9650. Messaging in simply far superior with a physical keyboard and the trackpad. And, as noted above, the OS just seems to work better with the physical keyboard--hard to define, just feels better.

And, the 9650 is very fast. No lag anywhere doing anything.
    07-06-10 08:09 PM
    I made the switch because I needed the keyboard to be more productive with my job and other personal habits. It took me almost an hour (no kidding) to type and email without mistakes while using the Storm2. I did love the larger screen, great for games and web-browsing, but that was about it. I'm able to perform more on the Bold without the typo's of a touch screen.

...and the Storm2 felt like a little brick in my hand; plus I was alway cautious about dropping and breaking the screen. It's became nerve wrecking with constant protection.
    07-06-10 08:14 PM
    I suppose in this forum I shouldn't expect many responses saying they regretted switching from the storm2 to the 9650.
    07-07-10 07:48 PM
    I made the switch myself, my S2 was a great device, I loved the little bit of added weight to it, but I just missed the physical keyboard too much. And since I've picked up my 9650 I haven't been able to put it down, I don't think theres another device on the market I would set it down for.
    The added memory is great, the device is noticably speedier than my S2, and the trackpad is wonderful. I don't do a lot of web browsing on my phone, but the few times I have on my 9650 I found it to be easier than with the S2. Otherwise typing emails and txt messages is so much easier with the 9650's keyboard.
    07-07-10 09:04 PM
    I suppose in this forum I shouldn't expect many responses saying they regretted switching from the storm2 to the 9650.
    Not necessarily. There are a lot of things I like about my S2. However for emailing, which I do a lot of for my business, I find the 9650 better.

But, there are a number of things that the Storm2 does better than the 9650, and a number of applications that run better on the S2.

And, then there's the nice big screen on the Storm...
    07-07-10 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD