ANyone know how to do a network update on T-MObile?

I noticed that my co-worker has T-Mobile as well, but she gets 3G coverage while standing in the same spot i am, but my BB Bold 9780 doesn't get the 3G, but is on 2G/EDGE instead. How can this be if we are standing in the same spot?

Anyone know how 2 do a network update on the BB Bold 9780? I am not asking for an OS update, but a network update. I think someone told me it is # - - - # and click send. Can someone help?
    07-25-11 10:17 AM
    Here:

07-25-11 11:04 AM
    Mine does not have the option for 3G only. It only has 2G only or a combination of 2G/3G. However, i appreciate your help. By the way, the screen shots you provided are NOT a network update. It is you just showing which option to use (which i already knew).
    07-25-11 11:56 AM
    You might have heard the term "update the PRL" in the past. PRL, preferred roaming list, is a CDMA feature. You cannot do this on a GSM carrier. There is nothing to update, like there would be if you used a CDMA device on Sprint or VZW.
    diegonei likes this.
    07-25-11 12:04 PM
    You might have heard the term "update the PRL" in the past. PRL, preferred roaming list, is a CDMA feature. You cannot do this on a GSM carrier. There is nothing to update, like there would be if you used a CDMA device on Sprint or VZW.
    Hence why I told you what I did 2009. The option you were looking for does not exist in your device.

Now, I do remember seeing a post proving that some tweaking can unlock the 3G only option, but you'll have to hunt the thread down...
    07-25-11 07:01 PM
    ok, thanks. I'll just leave the device the way it is.
    07-26-11 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD