This question is really aimed at U.K. users only I'm afraid, as (although I don't actually own a Bold yet), having read the full User Manual, I decided I would like to have my own 'hard copy'.

Now I know, as I sure some of you have probably done already, I could always print out the whole 279 pages, punch holes in them, and stick them in some sort of binder, I didn't think that would really look too professional, or even be very convenient.

Having spoken to a local printer/bookbinder last week, what I now plan to do is to get several copies printed on 100g paper, add a cover and backing card, have it all wire stapled, bound, and professionally trimmed down to size.

My question really is, would anyone be interested in purchasing any of these from me... and before you rush to report me, I would like to add here that I would only charge whatever it costs me, and am not looking to make a profit. I am just offering a service to CB members.

I would also like to know just how much you would be willing to pay for something like this as, at the end of the day, it may just turn out not to be a very cost effective exercise, but obviously the more I order at a time, the cheaper the overall cost will be. At the moment I certainly can't see it being under �10 though.

What do people think?
    09-07-08 12:56 PM
    Cant this be found in PDF form? I downloaded it over at Blackberryforums.
    09-07-08 01:08 PM
    Yes it certainly can be Jason... sorry if I didn't explain myself fully, but that is what I am using!

It is just that I don't think I am the only one who would rather have his own printed copy of a Manual, rather than one which has to be looked at on a screen... or perhaps I am!
    09-07-08 01:13 PM
    yeah, i have never once opened a blackberry user manual that came in the box . i always just use the pdf version
    09-07-08 01:15 PM
    Ohh I see. Sorry. I may have jumped the gun. and avs, I LOVE reading manuals. Lol. Its wierd. Even when I know how to use something, I still read the entire menu through out.
    09-07-08 01:21 PM
    I too usually prefer "printed" manuals, but having browsed through the PDF it seems to me there isnt really enough "useful meat" in the blackberry manuals to make it worth printing out.

Despite being a complete noobie to RIM/Blackberry it looks to me like 90% of the manual is blindlingly obvious and one quick scan of the PDF is enough, then maybe occasionally refer back to PDF for anything that you get stuck on.
    09-07-08 04:25 PM
    This question is really aimed at U.K. users only I'm afraid, as (although I don't actually own a Bold yet), having read the full User Manual, I decided I would like to have my own 'hard copy'.

Now I know, as I sure some of you have probably done already, I could always print out the whole 279 pages, punch holes in them, and stick them in some sort of binder, I didn't think that would really look too professional, or even be very convenient.

Having spoken to a local printer/bookbinder last week, what I now plan to do is to get several copies printed on 100g paper, add a cover and backing card, have it all wire stapled, bound, and professionally trimmed down to size.

My question really is, would anyone be interested in purchasing any of these from me... and before you rush to report me, I would like to add here that I would only charge whatever it costs me, and am not looking to make a profit. I am just offering a service to CB members.

I would also like to know just how much you would be willing to pay for something like this as, at the end of the day, it may just turn out not to be a very cost effective exercise, but obviously the more I order at a time, the cheaper the overall cost will be. At the moment I certainly can't see it being under �10 though.

What do people think?
    Hi Montala.

I still haven't check the pdf file, since receiving my Bold.

If you could find out a final price I would be interested.

Cheers.
    09-07-08 05:31 PM
    Thanks Y3KNAZ... I am going to see the printers again tomorrow morning, as they have printed out a few sample pages for me, so I will find out a bit more then.

I was hoping to be able to offer a colour version also, but it is looking as if the cost of that will be prohibitive unfortunately.
    09-07-08 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD