07-01-10 10:15 AM
31 12
tools
    hey i just got my new bold coming off my tour and was wondering if anyone has and tricks or tips on the bold to basically keep it running as quick as it is right now ... i know give it a couple weeks with all the apps and other documents it wont be as quick as it is now thankss guys !
    06-29-10 09:36 PM
    i use quick launch daily to toggle wifi.
    06-29-10 09:53 PM
    It can sit up and lie down. I just don't want it to play DEAD! (sorry, my mood)
    06-29-10 10:31 PM
    I got it to sit I just can't figure the lie down part lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 11:44 PM
    to toggle wifi on my bold i just set the left convience key to Wireless Manager so i could turn any radio on/off or setup.

had no real other use for it, and it got used quite often.
    06-30-10 02:45 AM
    hey i just got my new bold coming off my tour and was wondering if anyone has and tricks or tips on the bold to basically keep it running as quick as it is right now ... i know give it a couple weeks with all the apps and other documents it wont be as quick as it is now thankss guys !
    I just learned that pushing the trackpad twice while preparing a text message or email will send it quickly. This avoids having to go through the menu and selecting "send".
    06-30-10 03:47 AM
    I just learned that pushing the trackpad twice while preparing a text message or email will send it quickly. This avoids having to go through the menu and selecting "send".
    Or just use the enter or return button
    06-30-10 05:28 AM
    Quicklaunch is a big asset in my opinion
    06-30-10 06:56 AM
    +1 for quick launch. My fav app.

06-30-10 07:35 AM
    Internet browser is kinda lame for some reason on this phone. At least on mine, I downloaded the Google mobile app and use that to search the web instead of the Bing default search as the internet locks up every time I do.

+1 on QuickLaunch

If you want your SMS and MMS to be in separate folders I recommend that you download CrunchSMS, Crunch will handle SMS and your default SMS/MMS folder will handle your MMS.

Lockout mobile security for Anti-virus, backup, and device locate
    06-30-10 07:39 AM
    +1 for QL as well. Set a shortcut to CB mobile site - still needs BT toggle fix, hopefully that's coming soon.

BerryBuzz is another app I rely on. I can tell by the color of the alert whether I have unread emails, BBMs, or texts.
    06-30-10 07:49 AM
    OK, I can't believe I didn't know this tip but here's a beauty...
    press Q to "vibrate only" your Bold instead of fumbling around for Profiles. Pressing it again returns it to normal. Even faster than QL (which I love btw).
    My friend Bob, who posts on these forums, mentioned this last night and I nearly fell off my sofa!

Where have I been?!? I know there has to be a laundry list of shortcuts but I never paid much attention because last thing I need to do is memorize ANOTHER hundred letters or numbers...(I got 30 some odd passwords swirling round in my head already...I work in IT, too). So when he gave me THAT tidbit, I thought...WOW! That one I can really use!!!

So, dummy me! I'm sharing that tip with you. I have dialing from home screen ON...I guess that has to be said...but wow...it works for me. Fast!
    06-30-10 08:22 AM
    press Q to "vibrate only" your Bold instead of fumbling around for Profiles. Pressing it again returns it to normal. Even faster than QL (which I love btw).
    IIRC you could do this on the Curve 8330 too
    06-30-10 08:25 AM
    Here dude, have at it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/

lmao... so innovative...
    Last edited by Pi Guy 3.14; 06-30-10 at 08:34 AM.
    06-30-10 08:32 AM
    My friend Bob, who posts on these forums, mentioned this last night and I nearly fell off my sofa!

Where have I been?!? I know there has to be a laundry list of shortcuts but I never paid much attention because last thing I need to do is memorize ANOTHER hundred letters or numbers...(I got 30 some odd passwords swirling round in my head already...I work in IT, too). So when he gave me THAT tidbit, I thought...WOW! That one I can really use!!!

So, dummy me! I'm sharing that tip with you. I have dialing from home screen ON...I guess that has to be said...but wow...it works for me. Fast!
    I learned this while setting up my calling shortcuts. 1 is voice mail, Q is vibrate on and off, A is Lock your phone.
    06-30-10 08:33 AM
    I used to also do a BP every day on my Tour to refresh the memory and clean things out. However, on the Bold, I almost never have anything coming close to a "memory leak" on apps that sometimes did on my Tour.

At night I usually leave PodTrapper and UberTwitter open while the Berry charges and on the Tour, in the AM, I usually have dropped about 10+mb in memory (though only from about 90 to about 80). On the Bold, I seem to hold steady at ~300mb free all the time.
    06-30-10 08:35 AM
    I prefer KBlauncher over quicklaunch. Theres no menus, just a transparent bar appears and you type the first few words of the app and it autofills. it remembers your most used apps and also will run memory cleaner. It will also toggle wifi on and off. I find it to be much easier to use than quicklaunch. No menus to deal with and its more simple of an app.
    06-30-10 08:36 AM
    Num lock = alt + left-shift and caps lock = alt + right-shift
    06-30-10 09:28 AM
    Reboot = alt + right-shift + Del
    06-30-10 10:11 AM
    To check the battery status, signal strength and PIN etc do

alt + caps lock key + H
    06-30-10 10:19 AM
    Could we get a moderator too sticky this topic ?
    06-30-10 05:34 PM
    This is prob a much better resource...

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...oard-shortcuts
    06-30-10 06:07 PM
    OK, here are a couple:
    • I have set my right convenience key to "CaptureIt", I don't use the camera very much so it's no issue to turn it on from the media folder. Having captureit on a convenience key allows for easy screen captures, especially the home screen.
    • Alt + Q(#) opens the communications folder allowing you to turn off any of the radio features.
    Great thread, I hope the Mods will Sticky it.
    06-30-10 06:16 PM
    I prefer KBlauncher over quicklaunch. Theres no menus, just a transparent bar appears and you type the first few words of the app and it autofills. it remembers your most used apps and also will run memory cleaner. It will also toggle wifi on and off. I find it to be much easier to use than quicklaunch. No menus to deal with and its more simple of an app.
    quicklaunch allows keyboard shortcuts... same thing?
    06-30-10 07:44 PM
    btw i just downloaded quicklaunch and absolutly fell in love with it so if anyone doesnt have it its deff worth it
    06-30-10 10:51 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD