I think the only difference is the fp2 feature and all black color

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 08:16 AM
    not a chance in h*ll
    not enough upgrades and too many steps back for me to even consider it
    of course there are people who are impressed by every shiny new object to come along
    05-06-09 08:35 AM
    If the keys on E71x are the same as those on E71, I would advise anyone considering it try it first. The keys are so crammed, it's almost impossible for me to type.
    05-06-09 08:44 AM
    If the keys on E71x are the same as those on E71, I would advise anyone considering it try it first. The keys are so crammed, it's almost impossible for me to type.
    Can you type on a Storm? I can type twice as fast on my E71 as I could on a Storm and equally as fast as I can on my Bold.
    05-06-09 10:38 AM
    Can you type on a Storm? I can type twice as fast on my E71 as I could on a Storm and equally as fast as I can on my Bold.

I have no issues typing on the E71 as well. Personally I find it easier because I don't have to press as hard on the keys as I do with the Bold.
    05-06-09 10:54 AM
    I have no issues typing on the E71 as well. Personally I find it easier because I don't have to press as hard on the keys as I do with the Bold.
    I guess the two of us are weird

I wonder if Jonty has the same ability........LOL.........
    05-06-09 11:00 AM
    I guess the two of us are weird

I wonder if Jonty has the same ability........LOL.........

But you're weirder.

Yeah where the heck is Jonty?? From what I remember he didn't have any issues either. I think he owned the E71.....5 times so I doubt he had any problems typing on it.
    05-06-09 12:19 PM
    Yeah where the heck is Jonty??
    I think he's stalking Nokia dealers to an attempt to get an N97 before anyone else in HoFo..........LOL..........
    05-06-09 12:24 PM
    I think he's stalking Nokia dealers to an attempt to get an N97 before anyone else in HoFo..........LOL..........

I think he's stalking everyone to try and get the N97 before anyone else on Hofo gets it first. LOL
    05-06-09 01:11 PM
    Nokia was great making mobile phones. But they weren't able to make them smart.
    05-06-09 02:01 PM
    PCWorld or Cnet did a comparison of the two within the last week. I think they pretty much echoed what others here have said. Nice device, very good looking, solid, some redeeming features, but not quite ready to challenge the Bold.

So in a word: No.
    05-06-09 02:13 PM
    At&t really did a number on the e71 thank goodness I have an e71-2

05-06-09 02:15 PM
    I love Nokia products. Is anyone going to try out this phone over the Bold? I'm tempted to pick one up and give it a shot. I love how it is cased in metal and all black makes it hot! What are everyones opinions?
    I came from a Euro Nokia E71 and like the Bold a little more. The Nokia is solid and paper thin, but the Symbian OS leaves something to be desired. I still <3 Nokia phones and the company though.
    05-06-09 02:47 PM
    I mainly use the Bold for communication and use the Storm for MP3s. Bought it because I don't want an iPhone or iPod that everyone else has. I went to the shop to try out E71 last year thinking of replacing my then aging E61i. But unlike the E61i which has gaps between each individual keys, the keys for E71 are so close to each other every time when I try to press a key, I end up press 2 keys instead. Otherwise it is a decent phone. Maybe just because I have big hands. But I would still suggest try it before you buy.
    05-06-09 11:35 PM
    I found a thread on another phone forum and as I suspected AT&T has neutered the E71x badly. Just as they disable BBmaps on the Bold, they removed NokiaMaps and made it impossible to install the program.
    05-07-09 10:29 AM
    I have a Nokia E71-2 as my backup/weekend/fun/whatever phone...and I like it to an extent. I am not an S60 fan, and the native Nokia email client sucks, pure and simple...and those are the two reasons why I don't use it as my daily driver. Oh...and the keypad is cramped and much harder to type on at any real speed and accuracy than the Bold.

But, it's sleek, sexy...and the all-metal body rocks.
    05-07-09 11:05 AM
    The e71x is a solid phone, but I think Blackberry wins when it comes to handling emails. One of my main priorities is email and I have yet to find another phone that handles my emails better than Blackberry. I also think BBM is a huge plus, especially considering that lots of my friends and colleagues have Blackberries. On the other hand, the e71x looks great. The build quality is top notch, but I personally wouldn't leave my Bold for the e71x.
    05-07-09 01:14 PM
    The keyboard of the e71 is way too small. I need to grow nails to use it.

I really think that the bold has the best keyboard ever.

05-07-09 01:39 PM
    E71x looks so ugly physical shape, and small screen resolution 320x240. I do prefer BOLD over E71x..
    05-07-09 01:39 PM
    The e71x is a solid phone, but I think Blackberry wins when it comes to handling emails. One of my main priorities is email and I have yet to find another phone that handles my emails better than Blackberry. I also think BBM is a huge plus, especially considering that lots of my friends and colleagues have Blackberries. On the other hand, the e71x looks great. The build quality is top notch, but I personally wouldn't leave my Bold for the e71x.
    +1

You really can't beat email delivery on the BB or the BBM. BBM is such a great feature and far superior than text.
    05-07-09 01:40 PM
    If there isn't a better integration of BBErry with osx, I'm switching.
    05-12-09 03:50 PM
    If there isn't a better integration of BBErry with osx, I'm switching.
    I feel you man, I'm using Missingsync but overall it still sucks, always gives me some kind of sync error but it finishes syncing anyway

BB really need to make DM for Mac, not some crappy 3rd party app to sync with Mac and certainly Mac users shouldn't have to pay extra for it. It really should come as standard with the phone.

But still, having said that, there's no way in **** I'm going to buy an E71 over my Bold. Come on, 320x240 screen resolution??? It's f*ing 2009, that's like 2-3 years ago technology No 3.5mm earphone socket, Keyboard is 'way too small' to type, I tried it out at Nokia shop and I swear, I could 'NOT' type. It's so cramped up!

I do admit the build quality is better with the metal body and the battery door and the 3.2MP camera but that's about it. I still prefer my Bold with the Professional Business looks to it any day
    05-12-09 04:22 PM
    I just bought one yesterday, just 2 give it a try, but only after 3 hours it was back in the box. I like how it looks, the camera is great, but it took way to long 2 get 2 my text and i had 2 go back and forth between my inbox and the sent messages folder if i didn't remember what i had said before, and the email was another hassle.
    I took it out of the box again today, to give it another chance, but i quickly remembered why i put it away yesterday.
    It has some GREAT features, but it is not the phone for me
    05-12-09 04:27 PM
    I just bought one yesterday, just 2 give it a try, but only after 3 hours it was back in the box. I like how it looks, the camera is great, but it took way to long 2 get 2 my text and i had 2 go back and forth between my inbox and the sent messages folder if i didn't remember what i had said before, and the email was another hassle.
    I took it out of the box again today, to give it another chance, but i quickly remembered why i put it away yesterday.
    It has some GREAT features, but it is not the phone for me
    oh man.. you can extend the shortcuts on the buttons to any application.. you have four hard buttons so you can get 8 apps!! quiclkly.. and also two softkey bottom of screen buttons.. I use the Nokia E71-2 unlocked.. much better than the 71x.. in my opinion
    05-15-09 04:18 PM
    I just picked one up today. If you are familiar with the Symbian OS then this phone is simple to use and set up, especially email. I like how thin the phone is and the weight is just right. I like how the keyboard does not "click" like on my Bold but the Bold's keyboard spacing is a lot better. Another thing I don't like about the Nokia is that you cannot change the voice-command key on the right side of the phone (at least I have not found out how yet) This phone is by no means better than my Bold. The Bold is faster, more user-friendly and the screen is much better. Email and SMS is easier to grab and read on the Bold. The browser on the Nokia is real nice though. I've always liked Nokia so I'll use this for a while. The metal case is awesome.
    Last edited by BBsnub; 07-15-09 at 10:10 PM.
    07-15-09 09:00 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD