I love Nokia products. Is anyone going to try out this phone over the Bold? I'm tempted to pick one up and give it a shot. I love how it is cased in metal and all black makes it hot! What are everyones opinions?
    05-04-09 11:04 PM
    I'm going to get the AT&T E71x. I've been waiting for this for along time now. The all black does look sleek and it has FP2. I had the E71-2 for 6 months and sold it for the Bold. I love the Bold and I'm still keeping it. But it won't be used on my main line when I get the E71x. I prefer the 3rd party apps offer to S60 better than the apps for BB's. I love the fact that if you buy a 3rd party app for S60, you can still use it again and again if you change devices. I never understood why you couldn't do this for BB's. But it's all personal preference. At this point, Nokia S60 suits me more as my main phone. But I still love my Bold.
    05-04-09 11:56 PM
    i was debating it but there are some things i dont like- poorer screen and no 3.5mm jack. I dont think I could go back to 320x240 after a VGA touch pro and now the HVGA Bold.

Im love the Bold but im really gettin fustrated with BIS in the sense of how featureless it is. No folders being the major one. I cant see how RIM thinks consumers dont want to organize their email too. Also no native contact or calendar sync. Google sync is buggy and sucks honestly

Every other platform supports these services out of the box and its irritating to have to pay a ton more to get these basic features. honestly the only reason got a Bold is thers isnt anything else I want to use right now. I love the Bold itself but im disappointed in RIMs attitude towards its consumer group. BIS is horrible underfeatured for the same $20 you can pay ATT to use s60 or WM and get full exchange with folders, calendar and contact sync, etc- allt he stuff missing from BIS that a consumer would use.

I wish RIM would get their heads out of the posteriors and realize people want to organize their email- separate family, friends, work etc since not everyone has BES access even at their jobs. They need to add more features to BIS or charge less for it because its underfeatured compared to what other OSs offer out of the box.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 05-05-09 at 12:31 AM.
    05-05-09 12:16 AM
    I had the e71-2 before my bold. I thought the keyboard was wayy to small. Other than that it was okay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 12:55 AM
    The E71 is pretty ugly in the flesh. At a recent training session, the trainer put his E71 down a few inches away from my bold and it was just awful to look at. He put it back in his pocket a minute later - even E71 owners appear shamed by the ugliness of their phones vs the bold. Sure it has a few things over the bold (browser + build quality), but not enough to make it a better all-rounder.

05-05-09 03:59 AM
    I have tried it for a week. The keyboard is very small and i find it bit difficult to type on. Also, the signal reception was very poor on it ...
    05-05-09 04:08 AM
    My bro has one, traded his SE Xperia X1 for the E71...its a nice looking phone and is built very well..better than the Bold lol.

But i didnt like the screen, its not as crisp or sharp as the Bold and the keyboard although nice is far too small and fiddly. Plus i dont like Symbian very much...its better than Winmo though.
    05-05-09 07:13 AM
    Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......No

05-05-09 08:41 AM
    Never over the bold (well at least not until it gets bb connect + bb msngr), but as a weekend phone... maybe.
    05-05-09 08:56 AM
    Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......No

DITTO!!!!!
    05-05-09 08:56 AM
    I just got the Unlocked E71-2 new firmware.. slick!
    Last edited by Shawnfb; 05-15-09 at 04:15 PM.
    05-05-09 09:50 AM
    i just sold my e71-2 to get my bold...the e71 is amazingly designed...amazing build quality...great RF quality....more features than the bold.....but its not as addictive as the bold...and the features of the e71 that the bold doesnt have such as fm radio...aren't things you will use everyday where the bold has features you WILL use everyday
    05-05-09 10:01 AM
    The gf is thinking about getting one, as she is getting sick of waiting for a GSM Storm here in Canada. She wanted an iPhone instead, but now is a worse than usual time to get one of those. The 8900 is way to expensive on Rogers for what it is. The Bold is too big for her. I think the E71-x might be perfect, I just hope it gets bb-connect.
    05-05-09 10:06 AM
    I still use my E71-2 on a daily basis along with my Bold. However there is no way I would buy any phone that has a carrier's branding, bloatware, and limitations

I love how it is cased in metal and all black makes it hot!
    I already bought the black housing for my E71 and bezel for my Bold.

05-05-09 10:10 AM
    Nope. Next phone I buy will be the new iPhone. After that the next new GSM BB, hopefully the Pluto.

05-05-09 10:16 AM
    i work at AT&T and we just got the e71x in stock last night, and i dont expect it to be a big seller. even though the bold is two hundred dollars more, it will still outsell the e71x. it has its good features, but yes, the keyboard is too small, and when the nokia rep came to my store, i matched browsing speeds on multiple websites and the bold blew it away. (she tried to blame it on AT&T's service, i had to shut her down)

for 100 bucks, it'd be a nice side phone, but i'd only use it when nokia gives it to me for free.
    05-05-09 10:37 AM
    it has its good features, but yes, the keyboard is too small, and when the nokia rep came to my store, i matched browsing speeds on multiple websites and the bold blew it away. (she tried to blame it on AT&T's service, i had to shut her down)
    Good ole AT&T bloatware, the browsing speeds on my E71 and Bold are so close you can't tell the difference. Maybe, just maybe if AT&T releases new firmware that will change for the E71x. we The reason it took so long for the E71x to be released was firmware issues (AT&T's neutering of course).
    05-05-09 10:58 AM
    I went from a curve and to an E-71 for a couple weeks and then traded it for my bold. The E-71 is sexy as ****, had great reception, great call quality and was really quick on 3G, but I was coming from a curve....but I couldn't get used to S60, at the time the email apps were buggy ( I tried seven and the nokia email suite I think), the keyboard was cramped and slippery if that makes sense? And I missed my bb messenger. I would think about going back to check out FP-2, but since I mostly do emails and text it would be tough. Since there aren't a lot of options right now and I need to change it up a bit I might give it another shot.

05-05-09 10:59 AM
    I don't know where you guys get the idea that the browser on the Bold is faster or is the same as the E71-2. The browser on the E71-2 is much faster than the Bold. I don't know about the E71x, but I don't think it's that much different than the E71-2, otherwise it would've been mentioned by now.
    The E71 is Nokia's best selling phone since the N95, so they must be doing something right. I love my Bold, but the E71 does have some advantages over the Bold.
    05-05-09 11:19 AM
    my friend just dumped his iPhone 3G for the e71x
    05-05-09 12:28 PM
    I really like the size and how thin it is. It would be a great weekend/downtown phone.
    05-05-09 01:36 PM
    I love my Bold, but the E71 does have some advantages over the Bold.
    Flash Lite 3 is a big one....
    05-05-09 11:19 PM
    05-05-09 11:40 PM
    Flash Lite 3 is a big one....

I never used it when I had the E71-2. How is it?

I don't know if I'll be getting the AT&T E71x after the video I watched not too long ago. Way to go AT&T to ruin an excellent device! They take bloatware to a new level!

Londo, cudos to you for doing a housing swap on your E71-2 to the sleek black colour.
    05-05-09 11:57 PM
    It works nicely, I haven't had any issues with flv files. Maybe one day RIM/BlackBerry will get flash support.
    05-06-09 08:14 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD