I just ordered an unbranded bottom plate for my Bold and it's being shipped from Hong Kong... I thought that they were OEM pieces. If they were OEM why would they come from HK???
    10-03-08 10:07 PM
    Love cnn. Bought from em before, will buy from again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-08 10:30 PM
    I ordered the bottom piece and a plastic cell phone tool; it arrived in CA about a week later. Just ordered a black bezel from them the other day.

I don't know about the pieces being OEM but the bottom piece was a perfect fit.
    10-03-08 10:34 PM
    Maybe RIM manufactures their parts in HK. I was chatting with a client of mine who devolops wireless chips for a living and he told me that all the engineering happens here but the parts are made in overseas factories to reduce costs.

10-03-08 10:35 PM
    sparkomatic, what do steps do you need to take to remove the bottom branding plate from the Bold, I don't want to break anything when it comes in the mail
    10-03-08 10:41 PM
    sparkomatic, what do steps do you need to take to remove the bottom branding plate from the Bold, I don't want to break anything when it comes in the mail
    Just gently pry it off. All you're prying off is a piece of double-sided tape holding the bottom piece in place.
    10-03-08 11:58 PM
    There is a video on youtube to disassemble your boldand another to assemble. Just type disassemble bold and the video should come up. Its done by cnn.cn by the way and its very easy to take it appart

10-04-08 12:13 AM
    with the bootom plate some say you need to completely take apart as per that video on you tube some say it's just a simple pry off, can anybody confirm??

A simple pry off sounds like my kind of operation

A full take apart..........does not
    10-04-08 01:31 AM
    Yeah, what they all said

bodi, it is a simple pry off to take the bottom plate off. I have pics posted on BBF in a thread about the bottom plate.

For the bezel, I'm gonna have to operate on my Bold but it looks pretty easy from the video.
    10-04-08 09:10 AM
    Definitely do not need to take it apart, the plate simply pries off. You can use the plastic cell phone opener tool or I imagine even a credit card to pry it off. The whole thing takes 2 minutes,
    10-04-08 10:41 AM
    with the bootom plate some say you need to completely take apart as per that video on you tube some say it's just a simple pry off, can anybody confirm??

A simple pry off sounds like my kind of operation

A full take apart..........does not
    Just need to pry it off - did mine and it looks great now with the unbranded bottom bit
    10-04-08 12:32 PM
    Does the new plate come with new double sided tape?
    10-04-08 12:41 PM
    Yes it does - already has it on the back

10-04-08 01:04 PM
    CNN is okay. bought the complete sunset curve housing. changed it but for some reason it didnt fit completely and it was a pain. had to take it to a repair shop to have it done professionally. cost me 35 more dollars to get it fixed!
    10-04-08 01:19 PM
    I order an OEM housing for my Curve and I am still waiting for it. I ordered on Aug 28, and when I finally got a response they had written the postal code wrong so they kicked it back. Lets hope they are not all dyslexic.
    10-04-08 02:31 PM
    I have ordered from them and each time I got my products in about a week with the standard shipping. Everything fits great and I would do business with them again.

10-04-08 02:40 PM
    just received the black bezel from them...

i might install it today... we'll see. if i do, ill be sure to take pics
    10-04-08 03:01 PM
    just received the black bezel from them...

i might install it today... we'll see. if i do, ill be sure to take pics
    Dude please snap some pics if you do. My gf scratched my original bezel and I just replaced it with the same before cnn got the black ones. I've been meaning to murder out the phone, but don't want to pay for colorware. It's going to look tight.

BTW, cnn.cn is awesome. I've ordered a blue sapphire housing for my curve along with new trackball, etc. and more recently a replacement bezel with car charger. Everything is great, just takes a little while to get here from Hong Kong

BTW, replacing the bezel is a cakewalk. Just make sure to take the LCD screen off or else you won't be able to put the phone back together. You absolutely need to take the screen off the board because the board wont go in with the screen on it.

Much easier disassembly than the curve.
    10-04-08 04:50 PM
    the black bezel looks way better than the soft silver color on plastic that gets destryoyed easily.

i put on the black bezel a few days ago, the only problems are that the plastic around the audio/usb port is not that great looking... looks like it didnt come out of the mold cleanly when they made it... who knows, maybe its just mine.

also the backplate sits a bit looser in the black bezel, so it moves a bit.
    10-04-08 05:18 PM
    Has anyone in the UK ordered from them?

Edit: Just looked back, and it appears that Nigel already has... you did get yours from there didn't you Nigel?
    10-04-08 05:23 PM
    Just ordered a black bezel as well. Anyone know how long it usually takes for them to ship to vancouver, canada?

10-05-08 12:46 AM
    Just ordered a black bezel as well. Anyone know how long it usually takes for them to ship to vancouver, canada?

i did the Fedex EMS shipping to vancouver from cnn.cn (since i bought a bunch of stuff not just for me, and I couldnt wait more than a few days to fix my 2day old bold that had been damaged).
    it took less than 2 full business days to show up at my door
    10-05-08 01:29 AM
    i did the Fedex EMS shipping to vancouver from cnn.cn (since i bought a bunch of stuff not just for me, and I couldnt wait more than a few days to fix my 2day old bold that had been damaged).
    it took less than 2 full business days to show up at my door
    Unfortunately, I didn't opt for fed ex and chose the regular air mail service for $5. Hope it doesn't take too long.

10-05-08 04:23 AM
    Unfortunately, I didn't opt for fed ex and chose the regular air mail service for $5. Hope it doesn't take too long.

Same here, regular air mail for $5. Just ordered a back-up silver bezel (to replace the scratched one I have). But have ordered a black bezel and unbranded bottom plate for the new look.

So yes I have ordered of cnn.cn but have yet to see my credit card statement and/or the product. The proof will be when it's here and done.
    10-07-08 12:52 AM
    Vancouver here too, I ordered from them a few times already. They are awesome! Just takes a week or two for the regular air mail.
    10-07-08 01:04 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD