Hi, first time poster.
    Reposting from official bb support forums, no help there. Maybe someone else has this problem?

Blackberry 9900
    Version 7.1 Bundle 2061 (v7.1.0.714, Platform 5.1.0532)
    I have default apps, around 5gb of free space.

My phone turns off by some triggers and only a battery pull solves the problem. I have taken it to warranty and got the phone back 2 days ago, everything was fine until today. Seems the same problem came back.
    When does the phone turn off? So far it turns off every time i plug in non-standard BB earphones. The first shut down was when I disabled wi-fi in my house, but that only happened once. I suspect it will also start turning off when the battery is bellow 50% and I turn off the alarm once it goes off in the morning and sometimes at random, because that happened as well before I took the phone to warranty.

The only fixes I found are leaving the wi-fi on, plugging it in to a charging source via PC or charger or charging the battery to full, then everything is smooth, even the earphone issue which is a sure way to crash my phone. With the full battery charge the problems comes back once it's around ~80 percent battery life.

Could it do something with the wi-fi since the phone worked perfectly until I left my house and tried to connect to various wi-fi networks, came back home, disabled my wi-fi, phone shut down and the problem returned? Maybe just a coincidence.

Other things I tried that didn't help before:

>Reinstaling the latest version and restoring to factory settings
    >Disabling auto on/off feature
    >Deleting vendor.hml file (from similar problem support post blackberryforums.com.au/forums/blackberry-9900-series-smartphone-discussion/16852-9900-turns-itself-off.html)
    >Deleting 3rd party apps in safe mode just in case, because I'm sure I didn't have any.

I should also mention this phone is brand new, about a month old.
    I don't feel keeping wifi turned on is a viable solution, I fear that it may be temporary fix + it drains the already short battery life.
    Anyone else have/had this problem?
    02-04-13 03:46 AM
    I would think you have a hardware problem. I would take it back to your carrier again and perhaps take a heavier line with them to get it replaced (Not repaired).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-04-13 05:05 AM
    It seems I have no other choice. Thanks for the suggestion.
    02-04-13 11:42 AM
    Is there any new information about this problem? We have a 9900 that has started to this just today that we depend on. No new apps have been installed and no changes have been made to the phone. Worked just fine (aside from the camera issuse) until now. Battery pull was done 3 times before it started to function. I will reload software tonight, but does that solve the problem?
    11-29-13 06:47 AM
    Is there any new information about this problem? We have a 9900 that has started to this just today that we depend on. No new apps have been installed and no changes have been made to the phone. Worked just fine (aside from the camera issuse) until now. Battery pull was done 3 times before it started to function. I will reload software tonight, but does that solve the problem?
    I would do a factory re set and wipe before you re load your OS and re install all your apps from scratch rather than from a backup. If that doesn't solve your problem then it sounds like it could be a hardware issue.
    11-29-13 07:08 AM
    Agreed with above, it's not 'normal' behaviour at all.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    11-29-13 12:40 PM