Probably getting it by the end of the year if the phone works and run just fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-11 10:37 AM
    I would replace my Bold for the Bold Touch or the Torch if Verizon gets one of them.
    05-03-11 11:27 AM
    Looks like one sweet phone. I love the idea of a touch screen and a full keyboard. The best of both worlds. From what I saw from the video's.....I'm very impressed and can't wait to test one out in the store. Let's hope Verizon will carry this baby.
    Last edited by Mojave; 05-03-11 at 03:08 PM.
    05-03-11 02:31 PM
    I will definately try and make a run at this one. I'm not a huge touch screen fan, but having the full qwerty keyboard and touch screen works for me, so I think its a great combo!
    05-03-11 02:35 PM
    Are you guys going to drop the bolds you guys have now for the touch one? And do you think this phone will also put RIM back on top? Or close to it? I'm just curious how current bold users feel about the touch bold

I'm going to get one as soon as Verizon releases it. It appears to be a very decent upgrade, and truly worthy of the Bold name.

I've gone from 8703e --> Curve --> Tour --> Bold ... and to me the jump between Tour --> Bold was negligable. The Tour SHOULD have had WiFi... And the fact the Bold used to be named Tour 2, well it's clear it was just a Tour.

So the Bold really wasn't a jump for me horsepower-wise or keyboard-wise: I have friends with 9000s that felt more professional (size-wise), and my gf has a 9700 and that seems quicker and has better battery. The 9650 feels kludge-like in the lineup.

The Bold Touch really seems like the jump in performance I expected in the timeline.

p.s. yes, yes, I know the ram is 512mb on the 9650 and we have OS6. It took them forever to get an OS6 that I liked, though. I tried them all since the first public leak (OMG was that slow) and I think now with leaked .524 and a Theme that fits the user, the bold is pretty damned solid... it's nearly a year after release though!
    05-03-11 04:36 PM
    I have three upgrades coming between now and mid-summer, two of them on BlackBerry lines. At least one (mine) will have this new one. I'll just have to deal with having too much phone.
    05-03-11 04:39 PM
    Yep. Can't wait!!
    05-03-11 05:07 PM
    I will be dropping my 9650 and be the first in line for the bold touch! I can't wait for the touch to come out!
    05-03-11 05:16 PM
    Are you guys going to drop the bolds you guys have now for the touch one? And do you think this phone will also put RIM back on top? Or close to it? I'm just curious how current bold users feel about the touch bold

Yep,just like with my 9650, the day it hits the store I'll be there to pick one up. I don't think it will put RIM back on top but sure isn't going to hurt.
    05-03-11 05:41 PM
    Oh good Lord F2, what are you gonna do? They aren't gonna load OS5 on a new Bold Touch!!!!

Lordy, lordy, I have no idea - go back to my 8830!

Having recently learned that Verizon eliminated it UNlimited Global Data plan, I might just look elsewhere or for a simpler device. Not that I have any plans for more European travel, but from some calculations some folks have done - what cost me an additional $30 (yes, Thirty Dollars) when I went to Europe in 2009 would cost me about $10,000 - that is Ten THOUSAND Dollars, now. Verizon's rates for data are crazy. There is almost no point in owning a phone that can be used in Europe when the rates are NUTS.

I got the Tour for which the time calculation is based in Sept 2009. So my 2 years would be Sept and they knock a month or two off of that - if they still have those plans in place at all.

Time to mull..............

As someone who uses the data more than the phone (I probably use 10 minutes on average of my 300 minutes), I will be mulling, you can be sure.

And by then I might need BILLBOARD view and not even Column View.
    05-03-11 06:01 PM
    I am going to do just that: Get the Bold Touch as soon as it becomes available.
    05-03-11 09:00 PM
    I'm waiting for the Monaco!

Having recently learned that Verizon eliminated it UNlimited Global Data plan, I might just look elsewhere or for a simpler device. Not that I have any plans for more European travel, but from some calculations some folks have done - what cost me an additional $30 (yes, Thirty Dollars) when I went to Europe in 2009 would cost me about $10,000 - that is Ten THOUSAND Dollars, now. Verizon's rates for data are crazy. There is almost no point in owning a phone that can be used in Europe when the rates are NUTS.

I got the Tour for which the time calculation is based in Sept 2009. So my 2 years would be Sept and they knock a month or two off of that - if they still have those plans in place at all.

Time to mull..............

As someone who uses the data more than the phone (I probably use 10 minutes on average of my 300 minutes), I will be mulling, you can be sure.

And by then I might need BILLBOARD view and not even Column View.
    Best advice I can give you is to get individual SIM cards that offer prepaid BIS.
    05-03-11 10:15 PM
    I'm waiting for the Monaco!

Best advice I can give you is to get individual SIM cards that offer prepaid BIS.
    As I recall it was very hard to come up with sim cards that had data????

Any suggestions?
    05-03-11 10:23 PM
    i most likely will but how much it costs is the only thing that might be a factor in not getting it. i love my bold but adding a touch screen to it is to hard to resist :P
    05-03-11 10:36 PM
    I'll be upgrading at least 3 of 4 lines to the Bold Touch. Probably not on launch day for all of them though, that's a lot of money.

05-03-11 11:47 PM
    As I recall it was very hard to come up with sim cards that had data????

Any suggestions?
    In March 2010, the last time I was in Europe, one of the guys in my unit bought a prepaid SIM from Vodaphone specifically for data. I want to say that he got 1GB for less than 20 Euros, for use throughout the EU. Vodaphone stores are everywhere over there, kind of like Starbucks (except for Italy -- Starbucks didn't do Italy).

There was some restriction on SIM sales, though. We visited several stores and found that they could only sell to people with a verifiable address within the EU. Apparently, it had something to do with anti-terrorism efforts. We wound up buying his SIM from a Vodaphone dealer located on the Navy base where we were working. Those rules didn't apply on base. Go figure.

At any rate, it's been more than a year since I was last abroad. Those restrictions could be different now, or gone altogether.
    05-04-11 12:07 AM

First off, I was pretty upset when Verizon discontinued the Unlimited Global Data Plan myself, but I'm afraid your numbers are WAY off. Having just returned from 10 days in Greece and Italy, and having signed up for the highest usage plan ($100/month, I believe) for 3 lines (my 9650, my wife's Storm 2 and a VZ Five Spot), my total bill came to under $100 more than usual. This included running SocialScope, extensive blogging/tweeting with uploading of pictures and a few short calls. I also used BB Maps and Google Maps there. I would estimate a 2-3 week stay in Europe w/no blogging (it was a school trip so I did this as a service to folks back home) would amount to no more than $100-150 TOPS with normal usage. Yes, it stinks compared to the old plan, but IMO worth it to stay connected and keep your regular phone number. Also, using wi-fi as much as possible reduces the cost as well.
    05-04-11 06:52 AM
    Lol well I hope to see some of you sprint ppl's 9650's on ebay or the marketplace soon!

05-04-11 08:11 AM
    In March 2010, the last time I was in Europe, one of the guys in my unit bought a prepaid SIM from Vodaphone specifically for data. I want to say that he got 1GB for less than 20 Euros, for use throughout the EU. Vodaphone stores are everywhere over there, kind of like Starbucks (except for Italy -- Starbucks didn't do Italy).

There was some restriction on SIM sales, though. We visited several stores and found that they could only sell to people with a verifiable address within the EU. Apparently, it had something to do with anti-terrorism efforts. We wound up buying his SIM from a Vodaphone dealer located on the Navy base where we were working. Those rules didn't apply on base. Go figure.

At any rate, it's been more than a year since I was last abroad. Those restrictions could be different now, or gone altogether.
    Thanks for the info. Living in Seattle, I know Starbucks-saturation!!!!

In 2009, when I was exploring the alternatives, data was the real limiting factor on switching sims. No immediate plans but it helps to be prepared.
    05-04-11 09:36 AM
    First off, I was pretty upset when Verizon discontinued the Unlimited Global Data Plan myself, but I'm afraid your numbers are WAY off. Having just returned from 10 days in Greece and Italy, and having signed up for the highest usage plan ($100/month, I believe) for 3 lines (my 9650, my wife's Storm 2 and a VZ Five Spot), my total bill came to under $100 more than usual. This included running SocialScope, extensive blogging/tweeting with uploading of pictures and a few short calls. I also used BB Maps and Google Maps there. I would estimate a 2-3 week stay in Europe w/no blogging (it was a school trip so I did this as a service to folks back home) would amount to no more than $100-150 TOPS with normal usage. Yes, it stinks compared to the old plan, but IMO worth it to stay connected and keep your regular phone number. Also, using wi-fi as much as possible reduces the cost as well.
    I hope you are right. My math skills when the decimal places are so long and the values change from GIG to MEGA to Kilo, make it hard.

I used a bit over 3 gigs in my 3 week trip. Three of use shared my 8830 for email and browsing and we did a lot of weather checking (it was a hiking trip) and looking up local language, and just news from home. Then there was the checking in with Crackberry - that can add up quickly (g). It really did add up to lots of gigs. Did not really use the phone much - about 4 or 5 calls at most.
    05-04-11 09:40 AM
    Even though i love my 9650 I will switch as soon as Sprint has an offering.
    05-04-11 12:55 PM
    Let's hope OS 7 has column view. And with the bigger screen, it should be right up your alley F2.
    I would like to see Column View return on OS7 but with the Bold Touch's touchscreen allowing pinch to zoom that should be a big help regardless.
    05-04-11 01:30 PM
    had the 9650 for a month than dropped it for the evo4g.

i feel the same on this, the bold 9930 looks amazing, videos look great of it in action...

but the evo3d...is amazing as well, 9930 - 1.2ghz processor, evo3d dual core 1.2ghz processor(underclocked from 1.5) and it can record 720p videos..in 3D and 1080p in 2D.

I will strongly consider the 9930 though, looks like an amazing phone.
    05-04-11 03:00 PM
    I just got my Bold a week before the announcement, so I will likely keep mine for another 10 months until my upgrade rolls around.
    05-04-11 03:03 PM
    For me it depends on how much bigger the screen is. My old eyes need all the help they can get...
    05-04-11 03:04 PM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD