Through my company's AT&T discount page, I'm able to get a free refurbished Bold with a 2yr contract. I'd prefer this rather than the utilizing 3d party websites that have certain calling plan requirements. I'm just wondering if anyone has recently purchased a refurbished Bold from AT&T in the past few months and would you recommend it...
    07-28-09 04:09 PM
    My Dad just got his replaced and was sent a refurbished one.

He said it's working better than the new one

I always like refurbished because unlike brand news ones, the refurbished are tested a wholeeeee bunch to make sure they're perfect.
    07-28-09 04:12 PM
    I replaced a new Bold phone that had issues with a refurbished one and was told that the only parts that are reused are the inside pieces. The casing and screen and outside parts are still all new which is nice. Looks new at least.

I did have to replace the refurb as well due to an issue with the camera flash but at that point who cares, you already started with a refurb so they just swap it with another refurb.
    07-28-09 06:56 PM
    I have a Bold now, but picked up a 2nd one as soon as AT&T Premier put the refurbs back up on the site. It arrives tomorrow

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 11:36 PM
    I had a refurbed Bold and it was better built than the new one I had. The only downside to buying it refurbed is your warranty is only 90 days compared to one year if you bought it new.
    07-28-09 11:44 PM
    I have a Bold now, but picked up a 2nd one as soon as AT&T Premier put the refurbs back up on the site. It arrives tomorrow

Cool! Let me know how it goes. With the refurbished ones do you receive whatever you get when you buy a brand new Bold? I don't know what the new ones come with but I assume it's just the phone, battery, wall charger, and a the install CD??
    07-28-09 11:45 PM
    Cool! Let me know how it goes. With the refurbished ones do you receive whatever you get when you buy a brand new Bold? I don't know what the new ones come with but I assume it's just the phone, battery, wall charger, and a the install CD??

Yes it comes with everything in the box as if you bought it new but you just get a different box from the new ones.
    07-28-09 11:47 PM
    I had a refurbed Bold and it was better built than the new one I had. The only downside to buying it refurbed is your warranty is only 90 days compared to one year if you bought it new.
    But you could still get the insurance on the refurbished ones right? But of course I wouldn't want to have to pay the high deductible if there happens to be defects after the 90 days..
    07-28-09 11:52 PM
    But you could still get the insurance on the refurbished ones right? But of course I wouldn't want to have to pay the high deductible if there happens to be defects after the 90 days..

I am not positive but I believe you can still purchase insurance on refurbed devices as long as its within the first 30 days of purchase. FYI, if you happen to do a warranty exchange within the first 90 days, you get a restart of your 90 day warranty again.
    07-28-09 11:56 PM
    Check out Free Wireless Cell Phones with Plans from AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless | LetsTalk.com bold cost $100 b4 $100 mail in rebate and u can choose any plan.

07-29-09 12:03 AM
    I rcvd a new one year warrenty on my refurb, but I did talk to a customer service supervisor and ensured this was the case. It never hurts to ask, you would be surprised what you get. I rcvd a refurb that did not have a working trackball, not only did I get another refurb, but I was pissed enough to threaten to switch to verizon and to keep me they ended up asking what would it take. Needless to say the very next day my wife also had a brand new Samsung Impression (A877) Which I did not pay a dime for or extend her contract. Like I said its amazing what you can get when you get pissed and talk to the right manager/supervisor, you can negotiate with anything these days.
    07-29-09 06:24 AM
    received a "re-furbished" bold from att couple weeks ago when I realized mine had a funky screen.. I was a little concerned the phone would LOOK refurbished.. It did not.. Looked brand new : )

JOHN
    07-29-09 06:52 AM
    I rcvd a new one year warrenty on my refurb, but I did talk to a customer service supervisor and ensured this was the case. It never hurts to ask, you would be surprised what you get. I rcvd a refurb that did not have a working trackball, not only did I get another refurb, but I was pissed enough to threaten to switch to verizon and to keep me they ended up asking what would it take. Needless to say the very next day my wife also had a brand new Samsung Impression (A877) Which I did not pay a dime for or extend her contract. Like I said its amazing what you can get when you get pissed and talk to the right manager/supervisor, you can negotiate with anything these days.
    Not really sure if A supervisor can over ride the warranty. Did you have them note your account of that exact conversation of them telling you there is a 1 year warranty? There are no refurbed Bolds on Att's site but on this link, you can see the warranty for a refurbed 8320 which states 90 days. It is the same across the board for all BB's.

BlackBerry® Curve 8320 Cell Phone - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular
    07-29-09 02:05 PM
    Yeah my wife just picked one up from AT&T for free cause of her company discount and she was due for. New contract. Told her I am taking it and she can have my storm...lol

07-29-09 05:33 PM
    Just received the refurb'd Bold today. For all those on the fence about getting a refurb, there's no reason to be. It looks just like a brand new device and comes with EVERYTHING a new one comes with.

It's in perfect condition and just like new.

Last edited by jubu; 07-29-09 at 09:30 PM.
    07-29-09 09:16 PM
    Just received the refurb'd Bold today. For all those on the fence about getting a refurb, there's no reason to be. It looks just like a brand new device and comes with EVERYTHING a new one comes with.

It's in perfect condition and just like new.
    Thanks for sharing I went back into the Premier page for my company, and the refurbished Bolds are no longer free, they're now $200 I don't know what happened. I know last week the Iphones and BB's were taken off the webpage with a message saying that our group discount is not eligible for the those devices. But then they're on the page again this week. I guess I have to catch the deals when I can...
    07-29-09 09:36 PM
    Thanks for sharing I went back into the Premier page for my company, and the refurbished Bolds are no longer free, they're now $200 I don't know what happened. I know last week the Iphones and BB's were taken off the webpage with a message saying that our group discount is not eligible for the those devices. But then they're on the page again this week. I guess I have to catch the deals when I can...
    Yea, I paid $199 for mine, but considering that *used* Bolds are going for $300-350, it made sense to me. I never saw them for free, but I don't know if I just wasn't quick enough. Oh well, it's done and paid for.
    07-29-09 09:48 PM
    I don't have a opportunity to buy it before and i think later. hix
    07-29-09 10:07 PM

You got misinformed. Bad. No warranty rep will ever warranty a re-furb over 90 days. Never seen it in my 3 years selling AT&T.
    07-29-09 11:26 PM
    Not really sure if you took the time to goto the AT&T site before you posted this... but the Blackberry Bold IS sold on the AT&T site as Refurb as well as New. I just ordered mine, to include a nice 1 year warranty which didn't cost me extra at all (I was sure to ask how long it was).

The AT&T network got attacked by 4tran last week. I noticed I couldn't buy a Blackberry or iPhone during that time. Pretty funny stuff.

M
    07-30-09 12:24 AM
    Not really sure if you took the time to goto the AT&T site before you posted this... but the Blackberry Bold IS sold on the AT&T site as Refurb as well as New. I just ordered mine, to include a nice 1 year warranty which didn't cost me extra at all (I was sure to ask how long it was).

The AT&T network got attacked by 4tran last week. I noticed I couldn't buy a Blackberry or iPhone during that time. Pretty funny stuff.

M
    If you got a 1 year warranty on a refurbed Bold, then you were misinformed as the post right above yours stated. All refurbed BB's through Att come with a 90 day warranty. Just ask Blackberry Support through Att.
    07-30-09 12:30 AM
    I just got my free warranty exchange of my seventh Palm Centro (don't ever get one - you'll regret it) for a Bold, and so far so good. I had gotten two replacements under warranty so they canceled my coverage. Now I was on my fifth Palm refurb.

I guess the Bold I got is a refurb - it looks just like the package in a previous post here. It looks brand new. It came with the USB cable, wall charger, holster, & headset with it. And the whole environment feels more professional well-thoughtout, from the device itself to the desktop manager.

I am really kind of happy so far because that Centro (don't every buy one - you'll regret it) was a bucket of bolts from day one. I expect my devices to do everything as advertised. The only reason I got it was that it ran an app for a contract job. It's a premier rollout of an entry level touchscreen and it took a year of replacements before I threatened to bail to Verizon with a year left on my ATT contract.

After hours and days of standing my ground a manager gave me 72 hours to research and make my choice between: Bold, LC Incite, HTC Fuze, Samsung Epix. User complaints ruled-out two, and now it was between a touchscreen and the professional feel of the Bold.

I called back in 48 hours and it was like there had been no offer at all and I had to repitch my agonizing story to the next minion at the call center, then get another manager to agree to the same thing. She was about to push the ship-now button when I balked as she mentioned refurb. So I said no.

70 hours into this I thought ...for me to jump ship, I would have to withstand a $200+ fee at Verizon for a similar device and $175 early-termination collections efforts from the "This really IS your parents old phone company". Well, why not try a refurb Bold - it can't be worse than a refurb Centro (don't ever get one - you'll regret it) because of the reputation of BB. Plus, now I’ll get 3G service that with my Centro (don’t ever get one – you’ll regret it) I could not. Plus I get WiFi data service for free, and push technology that *works. Plus a flash camera, and 32GB microSD memory expansion. And, come December 09 if the Bold lasts that long, I can get a discounted upgrade to the iPhone or uPhone whatever. And I halved my voice plan so even with the BB data package, my bill is 30% less - right around $100/month with rollunder minutes!

So I called back and had to play dead again. Now *this guy was such a dolt and his stalling tactics were so pitiful that I actually said, “Am I talking to the same person I was at the beginning of this conversation? You’re just taking this dialogue in circles aren’t you? You just want to help the fewest people during your shift so as to get home by doing as little work as possible! So another hour goes by with *his manager insisting they honor their original offer, and I got my Bold.

Sorry about the tome, but, I just can’t contain my ...glee!
    07-30-09 12:45 AM
    Well, I hate to tell you guys but you are wrong on this one. Not only is it stated in my account now, but I have it in writing. My 1 year warrenty started over on July 23rd (the night I spoke with them on the phone) It was a supervisor that got on the phone while I was talking with the warrenty dept. Not saying it was a service supervisor, but someone had the ability to extend it, cause it is extended.
    07-30-09 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD