I took the thing out of the package, meticulously cleaned the surface of my Bold's screen, removed the backing from the sticky side and lined up the cover PERFECTLY on the first try... but somehow a tiny little speck of dust got between the film and my phone, and cause a really insignificant bubble right at the bottom edge of my screen. It was crystal clear and the display still looked beautiful, and the bubble was so small nobody ever would have noticed...

...but I noticed. And I got greedy. I took it off, blew it off, reapplied, and this time there were 3 little bubbles I couldn't flatten because of dust specks. I used the "lint free" wiping fabric that came with the cover, and tried to reapply... TONS of bubbles because of more dust. I tried to wash the sticky sde and re-apply: worse yet. I've tried that gentle spray on screen cleaner, but the issue gets no better.

WHAT THE #&!! DO THEY MEAN, REUSABLE??? How are you supposed to get the sticky side of a clear plastic film clean??? Has anyone managed to reuse one of these things?
    03-03-09 07:49 PM
    I've reused it. But the sticky side is difficult to clean. Generally speaking if you take it off and put it back on it works. The "wet-adhesive" type tend to stretch on removal and basically don't work the same afterwards.

If it's just dust, i would imagine rinsing it with water and using your finger should get the dust off. Also you can use tape to try and lift the particles off the adhesive side (similar to what you do with animal hair). Dust sticking to the sticky side of a screen protector isn't really a fault of the screen protector. They all do that.
    03-03-09 07:53 PM
    Like papped said, taking it off and reapplying does work, but not the same as the first time you put it on.

I've tried as well but it kept coming undone on one of the corners so I just threw that one away and opened up a new one.

I bought 3 for $7 or something like that on eBay
    03-03-09 08:09 PM
    The corners usually have problems since that is where you start the removal process, especially since "reusable" protectors are harder plastic, which means they can bend much easier.

But yeah, I took my Moto q9c protector off and cleaned it probably 3 times or so and it still worked. The only issue was that the corners don't stay completely flush against the screen (but it wasn't really an issue).
    03-03-09 08:14 PM
    I have purchased screen protectors for many devices. I now buy EXiM Spuc reusable screen protectors and I have reused them on my Bold, Storm and Iphone. The trick is to keep the piece of plastic they came on, so you are not using your fingers to pry the screen protector up. Slide the plastic in between and lift up. then wash with a bit of soap and water. Then while holding only the sides shake off any excess then re apply and squeegee out excess water. Pretty much perfect everytime.
    03-04-09 02:17 AM
    I've reused mine (clearprotector), but it is bent on the corner that i peeled it off
    03-04-09 03:04 AM
    I don't think its the best idea to reuse screen protectors. Especially when dust particles get in between the screen and adhesive. Good luck though.
    03-04-09 03:32 AM
    I am such a perfectionist that I wouldn't want ONE speck of dust under it. Therefore, I say just buy a new one. You might drive yourself crazy trying to get it clean
    03-04-09 01:24 PM
    I know I know, this sounds like a bad Idea but it has worked for me numerous times if you are careful.
    Take like on maybe two drops of windex and put them on the screen, the reapply the screen protector so that the windex is between the protector and actual screen, wipe any excess off with a paper towel at the edges, and make sure not to get any on the speaker. I have done this for my iphone and bold several times, is actually how they tint windows so smoothly. Eventually the windex will dry and the protector will stick, clean and bubble free.
    03-04-09 01:53 PM
    I've tried but it never comes out as well as it was the first time. I would just spend the money to buy another.
    03-04-09 05:29 PM
    Glue stick! After reading a few of your comments it occurred to me that might be perfect and it was! It even got the corners that were starting to bend up to lie back down again. I spread it very thin and evenly and then used the edge of a credit card to get any bubbles out.
    12-11-13 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD