So save $80 a month until you have the money to go in and get it with cash. This is part of what is wrong with America. People don't know how to handle finances. If you can't afford it then you shouldn't be buying it anyways.
    That is why Suzy Orman is popular and really funny to watch.

I actually laugh at some of the hard cases. Not the ones that are low on funds because of normal job hard ships but the ones that don't understand how they have massive CC debit and don't understand how to cut that scrapbooking expense.
    08-04-11 08:07 PM
    Don't forget the trade in program that RIM has. Based on some of the numbers people are tossing around it may make a difference. My brain is like swiss cheese sometimes but I think they were offering $100 dollars for my 9000. That and the rebate bring it to 150 Balloons. Right?

Seems like RIM is doing more to get the price down than the carriers.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-04-11 08:16 PM
    Don't forget the trade in program that RIM has. Based on some of the numbers people are tossing around it may make a difference. My brain is like swiss cheese sometimes but I think they were offering $100 dollars for my 9000. That and the rebate bring it to 150 Balloons. Right?

Seems like RIM is doing more to get the price down than the carriers.
    If that's the case that was a smart move.....
    ...My apologies to you olblueyez if I came off as a ***** - I think we both care what happens to RIM.
    ...And both want to it back on top of the business game where it started.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-04-11 08:37 PM
    I feel $599 is a very acceptable pricepoint for an off contract BlackBerry,

It's an alright price point, but I may try to ask my local store for an exception upgrade which is $75 on top of contract price right? AT&T btw.
    08-04-11 08:45 PM
    $250 for a 3 year contract with Rogers. Seems pretty expensive for me though. I'm just hoping that there is a price drop within a month of release. From what I looked on the internet, the 9700 was $300 at release, but dropped to $200 within a month.
    08-04-11 08:58 PM
    ...My apologies to you olblueyez if I came off as a ***** - I think we both care what happens to RIM.
    No sweat Boss. I'm always a loud mouth. I work under the assumption most people are half comatose most of the time. Doesn't make me very popular, but that's ok, there is only one person who I worry about. My Wife!

I was watching some new Youtube videos tonight with the 3 new devices. The Digital Compass is cool. It also offers employers a big leg up in the "Big Brother" department. Saw one of them loading PDF's PDQ too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 09:09 PM
    Lol @ take your toy and go home.

08-04-11 09:24 PM
    No sweat Boss. I'm always a loud mouth. I work under the assumption most people are half comatose most of the time. Doesn't make me very popular, but that's ok, there is only one person who I worry about. My Wife!

I was watching some new Youtube videos tonight with the 3 new devices. The Digital Compass is cool. It also offers employers a big leg up in the "Big Brother" department. Saw one of them loading PDF's PDQ too.

We must be related then LOL, I've got the same thing going on with my wife - she's 4'11'' and I'm 6'2'' and she drives me around like an old chevy! I'll check out the video - try to throw up a link to the pdf video or I'll be looking all night for it lol.
    08-04-11 09:40 PM
    We must be related then LOL, I've got the same thing going on with my wife - she's 4'11'' and I'm 6'2'' and she drives me around like an old chevy! I'll check out the video - try to throw up a link to the pdf video or I'll be looking all night for it lol.
    drives you around like an old chevy?change your oil lol.

08-04-11 09:44 PM
    Carrier always drop pricing about a month after.. you either buy it, as new as soon as it hits the shelves or you wait for the price drop.. not sure what all the fuss is about.

Some of you all also seem to think RIM sets the prices, they don't -- they suggest prices to the carrier which buys bulk from RIM. The carrier then sets the prices.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-04-11 10:26 PM
    most people are half comatose most of the time.
    Very true.
    08-04-11 10:27 PM
    I don't get how people are perfectly content spending $2xx+ on an iphone (32GB) or android (charge, epic and so on) but **** and moan when that is the possible price of an upgraded blackberry. A blackberry that has the specs that people have been wanting for a long time! It seems crazy to me. You want all these upgrades but don't want to pay for them? Okay then don't buy it. It's really that simple. Or wait until the price drops.

All this hoopla over speculation and rumors.
    Because you have to understand that blackberrys are not on par with $300 iPhones and Droids. The iPhone and droids at $300 have 32 gb of memory and all the droids above $200 are 4G LTE (on verizon).

And ok we won't buy it. I love how RIM fanboys just say "oh don't buy it than". If no one buys it than GOOD BYE RIM. They already have tanked. RIM fanboys alone can't keep RIM from surviving. Even Android sells so many phones b.c they have phones in the whole price range ($0-$300)

So let me say this again NO BLACKBERRY WILL SELL WELL AT $300 ON CONTRACT.

But than again i could care less about tmobile's $300 price since verizon ALWAYS prices the BOLD and Curve Cheaper than AT&T and TMobile. Only 4G phones go over the $199.99 barrier.
    Last edited by s.hasan546; 08-05-11 at 12:34 AM.
    08-04-11 10:34 PM
    I just watched some videos of this machine and cant wait to hold mine in my hands. I usually moan about the price in private but like with all my somewhat large purchases, unless they suck and get returned, I quickly forget. 300 is steep but I have been waiting since my contract ran out in Feb for something like this. Bring it Verizon....I'm ready!
    08-04-11 10:39 PM
    Nexus S has NFC
    I did not know that. I have a hard time keeping up with all the Android devices that seem to launch by-hourly.
    08-04-11 10:46 PM
    Because you have to understand that blackberrys are not on par with $300 iPhones and Droids. The iPhone and droids at $300 have 32 gb of memory and all the droids above $200 are 4G LTE (on verizon).

And ok we won't buy it. I love how RIM fanboys just say "oh don't buy it than". If no one buys it than GOOD BYE RIM. They already have tanked. RIM fanboys alone can't keep RIM from surviving. Even Android sells so many phones b.c they have phones in the whole price range ($0-$300)

So let me say this again NO BLACKBERRY WILL SELL AT $300 ON CONTRACT.

But than again i could care less about tmobile's $300 price since verizon ALWAYS prices the BOLD and Curve Cheaper than AT&T and TMobile. Only 4G phones go over the $199.99 barrier.

No Blackberry will what again?
    08-04-11 10:49 PM
    try to throw up a link to the pdf video or I'll be looking all night for it lol.
    Check out the video on a computer screen so you can appreciate what is going on with the 3.7" screen on the 9860. The PDF thing is 4:44. It may not be included software but that doesn't surprise me. You get what you pay for.

YouTube - BlackBerry Torch 9860 Video Walkthrough
    Last edited by olblueyez; 08-04-11 at 11:01 PM.
    08-04-11 10:53 PM
    Dont go thinkin I am gonna let my 9000 go for for a Benji. No Friggin way. I just thought some of us who are completely amoral, desperate, and low enough to play handball on the curb might wanna take advantage of that offer.

Unless it's a Verizon handset, then by all means trade it in or put it under your wheels and roll over it.
    08-05-11 02:14 AM
    anybody else dissapointed with the 9900 price point?

It is not only the price I am disappointed with. A Bold 9000 with OS 6.1 (errr I mean 7) for $299? This phone should be around $149 and should have been released one or two years ago.
    08-05-11 06:50 AM
    I don't get how people are perfectly content spending $2xx+ on an iphone (32GB) or android (charge, epic and so on) but **** and moan when that is the possible price of an upgraded blackberry. A blackberry that has the specs that people have been wanting for a long time! It seems crazy to me. You want all these upgrades but don't want to pay for them? Okay then don't buy it. It's really that simple. Or wait until the price drops.

All this hoopla over speculation and rumors.

Bringing common sense into a discussion? What are you thinking.
    08-05-11 07:53 AM
    Just figured out it would be cheaper to cancel my contract and reopen a new line than to pay no-commit price. I might just do that when the 9900 arrives.
    08-05-11 08:02 AM
    Just figured out it would be cheaper to cancel my contract and reopen a new line than to pay no-commit price. I might just do that when the 9900 arrives.
    not sure what carrier you're on, but wouldn't you lose your tenure with the company if you cancel your current contract? i know on mine, they take into account how long your line has been active when you negotiate credits and discounts.
    08-05-11 08:12 AM
    not sure what carrier you're on, but wouldn't you lose your tenure with the company if you cancel your current contract? i know on mine, they take into account how long your line has been active when you negotiate credits and discounts.
    I'm on a family plan with AT&T.

08-05-11 08:38 AM
    It is absolutely amazing to me that after all the hoopla, after all the false starts, there still is NOT a launch date for the Bold Touch 9900 on a carrier in the US. That is mindboggling. Please tell me I missed something. T-Mobile leaked screen shot said Aug 31, AT&T and Sprint say later this year.
    Are you friggin' kidding me? Give us a GD date!!!!!
    08-05-11 09:00 AM
    Although I agree, the price point seems to be quite higher than expected, I will still by this phone. Not because of fandom but I want to go back to Blackberry from Android. And no other Blackberry till the OS7 devices come close to the speed and processor power Android has. I hope RIM will reconsider the 249.99 price point. Quite honestly if this phone hadn't been delayed for so long and had release when originally intended, it would probably be 99.99 at Radio Shack already LOL.
    08-05-11 11:11 AM
    It is absolutely amazing to me that after all the hoopla, after all the false starts, there still is NOT a launch date for the Bold Touch 9900 on a carrier in the US. That is mindboggling. Please tell me I missed something. T-Mobile leaked screen shot said Aug 31, AT&T and Sprint say later this year.
    Are you friggin' kidding me? Give us a GD date!!!!!
    Actually the roadmap for Sprint hasn't changed, looks to be Aug. 21st for the NOW network
    08-05-11 11:13 AM
283 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD