Hello(: this is my second question here on this forum as I'm a newcomer well have any of you guys changed ur housing for ur phone? I'm contemplating whether I should changed it or not..

Is the keyboard harder to press than usual? Would nid some advice thanks!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 06:54 AM
    hey Stop. lol.

i have, but i didnt switch it to something impressive as some on the forums has.

i changed my 8330m with my dads 8330e just because i was bored.

ive never opened up a 9780 but i have opened a 9650.
    the method isnt much different.

09-02-11 06:56 AM
    hey Stop. lol.

i have, but i didnt switch it to something impressive as some on the forums has.

i changed my 8330m with my dads 8330e just because i was bored.

ive never opened up a 9780 but i have opened a 9650.
    the method isnt much different.

i think his name is top....lol

there are plenty of threads and videos on youtube that cover the replacing of the housings on a 9700/9780. its very easy to do with the right tools. google the instructions and take a look at the videos. cant go wrong.
    09-04-11 01:51 AM
    Or buy everything at sw-box. Pretty much everything they sell has the option to come with the tools you'll need.

If you should or not, it's up to you. I'm fine with my stock 9780, but I do think this would look awesome.
    09-04-11 08:06 AM
    Don't do it!

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...lackberry-Tour

That's my experience...I would never do it again. Even if you did it without breaking anything, the quality is just not the same.

PS: The title of this thread is terrible/useless

09-06-11 02:26 AM
    i think his name is top....lol
    Oh you are right.
    *facepalm*
    This is what happens when you just spent a few hours on chem. Lol

09-06-11 06:45 AM
    Don't do it!

My White Blackberry Tour

That's my experience...I would never do it again. Even if you did it without breaking anything, the quality is just not the same.

We appreciate you sharing your story, it is valid to warn people that they need to know what they are doing before they start.

That being said, don't say "don't do it". Just because you messed your device up, it does not mean that everybody will too. Also, I've bought from SW-Box and the quality is great. My 8520 was as good as out of the box when I finished it.
    09-06-11 10:07 AM
    That being said, don't say "don't do it"
    I'll say what I like, thanks (kind of like you just did).

OP = seeking opinion
    Me = giving opinion and addressing some of OP's specific questions in my thread

I would hope that OP had enough common sense to form his own opinion after considering the opinions of others. There's no gun to his telling him to blindly follow me.

09-06-11 10:15 AM
    I'll say what I like, thanks (kind of like you just did).

OP = seeking opinion
    Me = giving opinion and addressing some of OP's specific questions in my thread

I would hope that OP had enough common sense to form his own opinion after considering the opinions of others. There's no gun to his telling him to blindly follow me.
    Hope you don't feel it was a personal attack, thou you did react like it was.

When I say "don't say don't do it" I mean say "do it with coution" or "I will never do it again".

Anyway, I've been on your shoes with the 8310's charging plug. Lesson learned, moved on, replaced the 8310 once again when needed and later the 8520.

I would never have if I did the "oh, messed up once, never gonna do it again". So... Hope you get what I mean.

True. Report to the mods and they will change it in no time.
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-06-11 at 10:56 AM.
    09-06-11 10:53 AM
    Hello(: this is my second question here on this forum as I'm a newcomer well have any of you guys changed ur housing for ur phone? I'm contemplating whether I should changed it or not..

Is the keyboard harder to press than usual? Would nid some advice thanks!!

I replaced the whole housing and keyboard on a 9700 a few months ago. I thought it was a piece of cake. I've been putting transparent skins on my phones for the last few years, but it's quicker and just about as cheap to just replace the housing. If you are good with your hands at all and have ever successfully disassembled an electronic device before then it should be no problem.

09-06-11 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD