i broke my smartphone and i have to use my blackberry bold 9780 for a while. i found out whatsapp dropped support for blackberry os and when i install it, it says update your phone. is there a workaround to use whatsapp? i tried installing a gb whatsapp jad and it said please update whatsapp.
    Last edited by harrycallum; 11-02-20 at 02:33 AM.
    11-01-20 08:32 AM
    i broke my smartphone and i have to use my blackberry bold 9780 for a while. i found out whatsapp dropped support for blackberry os and when i install it, it says update your phone. is there a workaround to use whatsapp? i tried installing a gb whatsapp jad and it said please update whatsapp.
    No.
    11-01-20 09:52 AM
    Nope. But you can use Hike Messenger
    11-03-20 04:51 AM
    Nope. But you can use Hike Messenger
    Interesting. I had no idea. I'll have to add this to the OS7 working apps list.
    11-11-20 09:27 AM
    Please can somebody help me !!!!!!!!!! i have a blackberry 9780 and i just want to setup my personal email account to the blackberry, but i dont get the option to add an email account. The only thing i see is: Activation business account where they ask for login information for business account. I dont have a business account i am not a business or company. I am just a regular person who only wants to add a hotmail account to my blackberry, whyyyyyyyyyyyyy is it so hard ? does this has to due something with the blackberry 9780 ? is it in 2020 just nog possible to use a personal email account on this device anymore ? please please can somebody explain me what to do so i just get the option to add an email account ????????? everywhere on internet the useguidess showing screenshots where they can choose between different email accounts as hotmail gmail yahoo etc. but i dont even can see or get the option to add an email account ? why not i wanna cry : What can i do ? do i have to change something ? do i have to go back to manifacture modus or what do i have to do
    11-20-20 11:54 AM
    Please can somebody help me !!!!!!!!!! i have a blackberry 9780 and i just want to setup my personal email account to the blackberry, but i dont get the option to add an email account. The only thing i see is: Activation business account where they ask for login information for business account. I dont have a business account i am not a business or company. I am just a regular person who only wants to add a hotmail account to my blackberry, whyyyyyyyyyyyyy is it so hard ? does this has to due something with the blackberry 9780 ? is it in 2020 just nog possible to use a personal email account on this device anymore ? please please can somebody explain me what to do so i just get the option to add an email account ????????? everywhere on internet the useguidess showing screenshots where they can choose between different email accounts as hotmail gmail yahoo etc. but i dont even can see or get the option to add an email account ? why not i wanna cry : What can i do ? do i have to change something ? do i have to go back to manifacture modus or what do i have to do
    You’re using a 10 year old phone that has also been EOL for some time now.

The email protocols have evolved over the last 10 years and are probably now at the stage where the 9780 is no longer compatible.

It may be time for a new phone unfortunately.
    11-23-20 09:43 AM
    Do you have BIS on your mobile account? Service Books downloaded?

May need to remove a company IT Policy from the phone. (I'd remove IT Policy and reload the OS if it were me.... but then I also would be bothering with a BBOS device in 2020). They just weren't made for today's networks and haven't been updated with newer security requirements.

Lot's of great info on using those old phones on The Bold Explorer
    11-23-20 09:55 AM