Hey guys,

My trackball is giving me issues. I've bought a replacement one but meanwhile, is there any way to scroll around web pages without the trackball? There really should be an obvious page up and page down key function! I've only had a BB for 3 weeks so teach me tricks! A tab function to go from option to option would really help at the moment.

Thanks to those who suggested ways to get my broken screw out of my phone. I've bought replacement screws as well and will give it a go soon. Wish me luck!
    Last edited by Annabel Chan; 08-20-09 at 07:23 PM.
    08-20-09 07:07 PM
    T and B will go from top to bottom spacebar will scroll from visible page down to visible page
    08-20-09 07:10 PM
    Ooh, awesome! Thanks so much for that. Nothing for left and right? Of course those are the directions my trackball is struggling with at the moment, haha.
    08-20-09 07:22 PM
    Not that I know of....
    08-20-09 09:50 PM

Fingers crossed that it is a trackball problem and not the sensor board. I couldn't find anywhere that sells that!
    08-20-09 09:52 PM
    its most likely the trackball..not un-comman. have you tried flicking it with your fingernail?? sometimes works to free it up
    Last edited by gmpblack; 08-20-09 at 09:58 PM.
    08-20-09 09:56 PM
    If you press either caps lock key and hold it down while pressing the spacebar, the page will scroll up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 10:35 PM
    If you press either caps lock key and hold it down while pressing the spacebar, the page will scroll up.

Space key on its own will scroll one page down.
    08-22-09 08:53 AM
    its most likely the trackball..not un-comman. have you tried flicking it with your fingernail?? sometimes works to free it up
    Yeah, sometimes when I rub it around with a tissue, it works. It doesn't feel stuck or anything. The ball moves freely but the cursor doesn't go left when I roll left. Hopefully it will be fine when I change the trackball!
    08-22-09 08:54 AM
    Space key on its own will scroll one page down.

No. I mean if you want to go towards the top of the page.

08-22-09 02:45 PM

Thanks dude

08-22-09 02:55 PM
    Menu button, left of tb upon being pressed menu options can be selected by simply pressing the corresponding letter ,ie;c
    C for close ,R for refresh etc.with the same letter menu options simply go through the treo123
    I also use the enter button more than the trackball down as the keep down the mileage on the delicate switch
    Have fun ! P.s. It doesent work in all modes

Last edited by johnstruck; 08-22-09 at 04:13 PM.
    08-22-09 04:09 PM
    I also use the enter button more than the trackball down as the keep down the mileage on the delicate switch

Same here.

08-23-09 12:13 AM
    Ooh, awesome! Thanks so much for that. Nothing for left and right? Of course those are the directions my trackball is struggling with at the moment, haha.
    T & B works best for me
    08-23-09 03:58 AM
    Thanks for all you input. I realli like the space bar scrollin and caps space bar scrollin. Used to use T and B, but I think space bar is far better. Thanks Again ya'll.
    08-23-09 04:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD