I traded my Bold a few days ago for an HTC Magic, and I got my calendar & contacts on there seamlessly with Google & copied all my pictures, music, videos & documents onto my computer so I could put them onto my new phone, but I completely forgot about my notes, tasks & password-protected files.

I did a backup the day I got rid of it, but I no longer have a Blackberry to load it onto. Is there any way I can view the files in the backup? The notes is the most important one, but if I could get all 3 that would be wonderful.
    07-16-09 08:18 AM
    password protected files are probably going to be gone for good. As for notes/tasks, you can try to do a search for ipd viewer and see if that can view them. Did you sync to outlook?
    07-16-09 08:25 AM
    Aside from loading onto another BlackBerry, none that I know of. Do you have a friend who would be willing to loan you a BlackBerry?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 08:26 AM
    Maybe the developer tools that simulate the OS on a desktop might work. Try the Blackberry site.
    07-16-09 08:41 AM
    password protected files are probably going to be gone for good. As for notes/tasks, you can try to do a search for ipd viewer and see if that can view them. Did you sync to outlook?
    I did! I completely forgot Outlook has Tasks & Notes, I just use it really for calendar & contacts. They're both there!

So simple, I feel much better. Thanks a lot.

Now I just need the password-protected files, but yeah, I have a feeling those are gone for good. I'll check for an OS simulator though.
    07-16-09 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD