since the 9900 wasnt on the Q4 roadmap for ATT, are there any indications on an earlier release date?
    08-24-11 07:39 PM
    Nothing but rumors and a lot of "rep told me this" and "I was told soon"......
    08-24-11 07:54 PM
    The best way to tell if its available yet is to hit your re-fresh button on your browser - Im sure the moment it happens it will be all over crackberry. In the mean time you can always dissapoint yourself along with the rest of us by reading the "he said, she said" threads.
    Statehouse likes this.
    08-24-11 09:17 PM
    I find it strange that the 9900 has not been on any roadmap of devices that AT&T will be releasing. I can only hope that AT&T will surprise us all and release the phone very soon. If it was going to be released in November that some sources are say you think it would have hit the Roadmap and shows Q4.

One can only hope that AT&T is going to surprise us very soon.
    08-24-11 10:17 PM
    I find it strange that the 9900 has not been on any roadmap of devices that AT&T will be releasing. I can only hope that AT&T will surprise us all and release the phone very soon. If it was going to be released in November that some sources are say you think it would have hit the Roadmap and shows Q4.

One can only hope that AT&T is going to surprise us very soon.
    Really have no way of knowing how comprehensive that list is (or how old it is for that matter). Obviously with the iPhone 5 nowhere to be found, it is not an all-inclusive list.

But I'm with you..hopefully it not being there is a sign of a Q3 release. I'm just not holding my breath on that.
    08-24-11 10:37 PM
    there is nothing official yet
    08-25-11 07:46 AM
    In the mean time you can always dissapoint yourself along with the rest of us by reading the "he said, she said" threads.
    Yep, this is what I've been doing. Hope's up, then hope's back down. Need to stop doing this to myself.
    08-25-11 08:00 AM
    im waiting, in the mean time, i put my 9000 aside, and using the atrix... i want my keyboard back though, a full touch device is not what i like though i must say swype makes it less horrible...

i have another upgrade coming mid september so for now im not hurting for the 9900 to be released... though i may just stop in to another carrier to play with it to see if it is something worth getting or just waiting till QNX next year...
    08-25-11 08:05 AM
    Release date is too long away...It can be 2 days or two months....too long, I want it now!!!

AT&T is losing out on money....by trying to make it on the Torch sales. I believe Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint all have the 9900/9930 at the stores now....I could be wrong.
    08-25-11 08:38 AM
    The business world WANTS, NEEDS and DEMANDS this phone NOW!

The torch-2 is a popular phone for the youth NOT BUSINESS PEOPLE! Its a poor form function phone for coastal, sandy locations and its "in a hole' keyboard is a major complaint!

AT&T your management decision is a poor one and it is doing nothing but causing customers to leave AT&T. Personally I get great service from AT&T at home and when traveling i.e. I don't want to leave but I am looking at your competition for the first time. Also many of my business friends are doing the same especially when they see the phone offered for sale NOW all over the world. AT&T = losers

AT&T's arrogance and non professionalism in not doing the appropriate MARKET RESEARCH isn't the business person's fault but it sure is turning them off by your delay of the 9900.
    08-28-11 09:10 AM
    dog, you're so entitled. what an ignorant, uninformed post.
    08-28-11 12:06 PM
    The business world WANTS, NEEDS and DEMANDS this phone NOW!

The torch-2 is a popular phone for the youth NOT BUSINESS PEOPLE! Its a poor form function phone for coastal, sandy locations and its "in a hole' keyboard is a major complaint!

AT&T your management decision is a poor one and it is doing nothing but causing customers to leave AT&T. Personally I get great service from AT&T at home and when traveling i.e. I don't want to leave but I am looking at your competition for the first time. Also many of my business friends are doing the same especially when they see the phone offered for sale NOW all over the world. AT&T = losers

AT&T's arrogance and non professionalism in not doing the appropriate MARKET RESEARCH isn't the business person's fault but it sure is turning them off by your delay of the 9900.
    How do you figure they didn't do their homework? I see a lot of Torch devices, from a lot of business oriented folks and a lot of IT people on AT&T. In fact, it's surprising at how many people I see with the 98xx series on my way to and from work.

They're obviously doing their homework being that they have the most subscribers between all the carriers (as of Q2 of 2011).
    08-28-11 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD