Not sure if this has been asked already but, is it possible or is there any programs able to do this?
    11-12-08 05:33 PM
    You can change to 2G by going to Option > Mobile Network > Network Mode > 2G
    11-12-08 06:24 PM
    Not on a AT&T bold :P
    11-12-08 06:27 PM
    my AT&T bold has the problem too, there is not the network model.
    03-09-09 08:47 PM
    Unfortunately, unbranding your Bold is the only way that you can achieve this. It is a pretty taboo topic since it involves the use of illegal software, but if you search Google, you may come up with something.

Chris
    03-09-09 11:04 PM
    Unfortunately, unbranding your Bold is the only way that you can achieve this. It is a pretty taboo topic since it involves the use of illegal software, but if you search Google, you may come up with something.

Chris
    would you kindly tell us how to unbrand ATT bold? can we see the network model if we unbrand ATT bold?
    03-10-09 09:20 AM
    would you kindly tell us how to unbrand ATT bold? can we see the network model if we unbrand ATT bold?
    Look its not gonna get discussed on here. If you wanna know I suggest using Google.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 09:51 AM
    Or go to howardforums, there was a very informative step by step thread.
    03-10-09 10:13 AM
    You'll need software to do it. Google, it might pop up. Don't risk getting banned here by talking about it though
    03-10-09 10:33 AM
    To whoever chooses to go this route... Becareful with what you are doing... There have been stories of people bricking there phones attempting to "unbrand" their phones. If you happen to find the software, just be aware of the consequences. I myself don't have the guts to unbrand my phone.

03-10-09 11:41 AM
    I would love to give ATT a mouth full. They have a crappy 3G network and disable this setting on the Bold. They allow it on the Iphone. What gives?
    03-10-09 01:20 PM
    Because all At&T cares about is the iPhone.
    03-10-09 01:55 PM
    I would use the ability to change to 2g only, to help conserve battery life, when data speeds arent important. For instance when using BB messenger, data speeds really arent inportant if im not browsing.
    03-12-09 02:30 PM
    What exactly is "bricking" your Bold?

Why would it be illegal to have software to debrand the Bold? Aren't I the owner of the Bold anyways?
    03-12-09 02:42 PM
    got to love when peopel say..."not sure if it has been asked...."
    03-12-09 03:18 PM
    Don't care if its been asked but what are the benefits of debranding?

03-12-09 03:36 PM
    Don't care if its been asked but what are the benefits of debranding?

on a blackberry, there isn't really any benifits. All it does is allow you to have 3G-2G downgrading, and no carrier specific logo when the phone boots up.

Here in Canada on Rogers, I have the bold, and have the 3G-2G downgrade, so I have no issues with keeping my phone branded.

But other manufacturers like Moto and SE and Nokia, that come from a carrier might or might not have carrier specific locks on the phone, and have certain things disabled. Like my SE W810 and SE W580 rogers branded could not use MP3 ringtones that I put on the phone, debranded the phone, and viola, was able to use my own ringtones
    03-12-09 04:27 PM
    Because all At&T cares about is the iPhone.
    I would agree with this. When I upgraded to the Bold (from a Curve), the representative asked me if I was sure I wouldn't rather have an iPhone.

I was so pissed - I almost left. If I didn't want the Bold so badly, I probably would have.
    03-12-09 07:45 PM
    Look its not gonna get discussed on here. If you wanna know I suggest using Google.

I am with Greg on this. Google it.
    03-12-09 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD