I've had it up to here with AT&T, with their shoddy and unstable 3G network, failed and dropping calls with 5 Bars on EDGE, despite using OS .216 and idle promises from tech support.

Does anyone know of a US carrier that right now or might later support the BOLD?
    01-09-09 07:28 PM
    Officially no, but you can use the device on Tmobile. Just without 3g though. There is a thread with information on doing so.
    01-09-09 07:33 PM
    I get wonderful service from AT&T. I wonder if your troubles are device related?
    01-09-09 07:55 PM
    Officially no, but you can use the device on Tmobile. Just without 3g though. There is a thread with information on doing so.
    Thanks, I might just do that, considering 3G is virtually non-existant on my BOLD for any appreciable length of time. Now, if I could just find that thread.
    01-09-09 07:58 PM
    T-mobile is the worst carrier I have ever experienced... their coverage is the worst!
    01-09-09 08:00 PM
    It's stickied at the top of this forum...
    I get wonderful service from AT&T. I wonder if your troubles are device related?
    I've read quite enough threads about members here changing out their 9000's (3) or more times, only to experience the same disappointing and primative service from AT&T.
    I've read quite enough threads about members here changing out their 9000's (3) or more times, only to experience the same disappointing and primative service from AT&T.
    Bashing carriers is a favorite pastime for a lot of people. You can always find an equal number of people bashing them all. Whatever works best for you is what you should go with. I'm only offering advice from real world experience that T-mobile is terrible. Best of luck
    01-09-09 08:03 PM
    ummm maybe it's your coverage in your area and not at&t themselves

either that or you got a lemon because my old 8310 would struggle to hold a EDGE signal in my apt and now my bold gets full 3G. so lets get some facts str8 before we start bashing carriers
    01-09-09 08:09 PM
    ummm maybe it's your coverage in your area and not at&t themselves

either that or you got a lemon because my old 8310 would struggle to hold a EDGE signal in my apt and now my bold gets full 3G. so lets get some facts str8 before we start bashing carriers
    i agree... it would be terrible to change from a great carrier simply because you had a device issue. i'm only recommending exploring all options before sacrificing 3G on your Bold.
    01-09-09 08:15 PM
    Just got a AT&T Bold less than two weeks ago. I've had lots of problems with dropped calls and static on the line. I live in Baltimore but work in D.C. and NYC. So I'm getting a replacement unit on Monday and hopefully it will be better. I knew when I switched from Verizon I would have worse call quality & coverage. That was the trade-off to get the Bold. Hope it's worth it.
    01-09-09 08:49 PM
    t-moblie does allow for free tethering though, which is a huge plus
    01-09-09 11:33 PM
    In addition to not nickel and diming you for rediculous fees such as tethering, their plan prices are great too. That's the only reason I haven't switched to another carrier with nicer equipment. I'll pay more upfront for an unlocker and recoup my savings on the plan. I mean come on! Why should I have to pay a fee to use the bandwidth I've already paid for? Just because the phone is now connected to a PC as a modem?
    01-09-09 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD