I'm kinda new at the OS updates and the like but recently T-Mobile released the 583 OS and ever since then, I cannot update to anyother "Leaked" OS Crackberry has to offer. I will connect my 9700 to the comfusser, start the desktop manager and look for available OS Updates and it will only show what T-Mobile will allow to show. Mind you, I do install the "leaked" OS but the desktop manager won"t show them when I ask it too...

What is going on???
    06-11-10 04:52 AM
    did you delete the vendor.xml file? did you try just going through the apploader?
    06-11-10 05:58 AM
    Desktop Manager is NOT the way to upgrade your OS to a new Official or Leaked OS... use the "Upgrade using AppLoader" link in my signature below... basically delete the Vendor.xml and use the Loader.exe... DO NOT USE DM!!!!
    06-11-10 06:00 AM
    If you search for OS's through DM, it will only find the latest official TMO OS.
    06-11-10 06:21 AM
    I agree with what fatboy97 said. DM is not the way upgrade your operating system. Do as he said and you'll be fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 08:24 AM
    I agree with what fatboy97 said.
    You have to agree with him cause he's right
    06-11-10 08:28 AM
    Yup, Loader.exe is the way to upgrade an OS. You get more information and less interference from Desktop Manager.

"Upgrades need Desktop Manager like a fish needs a bicycle."
    06-11-10 10:22 AM
    Its been said that sometimes there are more than one vendor.xml files to delete...do a system search for any others including searching hidden files and folders...you also might want to disconnect from the internet while initiating the upgrade

06-11-10 03:50 PM
    Disconnecting from the internet is a great advice. I've read that while you are connected to the internet the vendor file could be brought back

06-11-10 05:15 PM
    Hate to hijack, but the only OS update was the official found on the DM. How would I go about upgrading the OS on a Mac? I hear you cannot delete the vendor.xml file?
    06-11-10 07:25 PM
    Hate to hijack, but the only OS update was the official found on the DM. How would I go about upgrading the OS on a Mac? I hear you cannot delete the vendor.xml file?
    Use a PC...
    06-12-10 05:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD