I see this thread going in a Completely different direction so before it does that I just wanna state a couple things

OP: You can install apps for free...even ones you need to pay for...however, as opposed to "Jailbreaking" the phone, you need to find the COD/ALX files or JAD files associated with said app. Which, if you scour the web enough, you will find.

To those bashing him for asking this question. I hate to break it to you, but unless you're paying for all the music/movies you are currently in possession of, you too are stealing.

The beauty of democracy is he can ask this question, and we can answer them. Unfortunately, Democracy allows morons the right to free speech as well.

Damn double-edged swords
    06-25-09 10:35 AM
    Most app designers make you register it, so No. And even if there was a way, I would not divulge it, and would suggest you try to not steal things.
    What??
    Docs 2 Go makes you register...yet you can download a version that's floating out there including an activation code etc...and yes it works.

You are assuming EVERYONE on a BB has data (which would be required for an app to do a live activation...which is just plain stupid.)
    06-25-09 10:40 AM
    For the iPhone, Jailbreaking=Free apps.
    I thought you had to pay for the apps too for BlackBerries?
    Idk because I'm getting my Bold next week, and before I start customizing and setting up the settings, I want to know if I can get more out of it than the developers allow.
    i think if some were to read the original posters comments they would see that he wasnt really trying to find a way to steal apps, but is new to the blackberry experience. as such, he was unaware of wether or not a jailbreak of some sort would be necessary in order to acheive maximum performance or apps from the device. just like me going to an iphone, i'm not completly informed on the jailbreak concept. so if i were to ask that question, i'm not trying to appear like i'm being dishonest, just trying to learn like everyone else on these boards.
    06-26-09 01:08 AM
    I think people have the misconception that the BB device is a toy, its not. Its a tool...well...its a toy for some of us who dismantle our phones to mod it out with tracbkalls and new keyboards, etc.

In any case, I think the OP has read enough answers to his question.
    06-26-09 01:16 AM
    iPhone and iPod Touch users jailbreak their devices to get around Apple's restrictions, which normally prevent you from installing apps downloaded from any source other than the iTunes App Store; it would be as if RIM prevented you from getting apps from Mobihand, the CrackBerry App Store, etc. and forced you to get them from App World, and then put in place a really arbitrary system for screening which apps could even get listed on App World in the first place.

Jailbreaking has the added by-product of opening up a lot of free apps for iPhone/iPod Touch users, but that's mostly just because the people who offer up their apps for jailbroken devices don't bother to charge for them, even though they could in theory; in fact, Cydia, which was originally started as a repository of apps for jailbroken phones, recently announced that they were going to start their own "app store" to distribute apps for jailbroken phones -- presumably that means they can, and will, charge for certain apps. Jailbreaking doesn't magically make previously paid apps into free apps. Also, there are free apps even for non-jailbroken iPhones - it's just that they can only be downloaded from the App Store, and thus have to meet all of Apple's sometimes arbitrary, sometimes harsh guidelines.

Jailbreaking also is necessary for iPhone users to theme their phones, since Apple doesn't allow access to the UI by default and does not distribute themes in the App Store.

The bottom line is that BlackBerry users really have no need for a BlackBerry version of a "jailbreak," because BlackBerries are already capable of installing apps and themes from outside of BlackBerry App World, and have been doing so for the many years prior to the introduction of the App World just this past year.
    06-26-09 01:20 AM
    i agree that he's read enough answers, but i dont agree that its not a toy. you cant tell me that everyone on here uses it for nothing but business and are all corporate execs. the new os's for the berry are proof that its attempting to make itself more media-centric.
    06-26-09 01:21 AM
    I use my phone for business, others might do different. it was just my 2 cents.
    06-26-09 01:24 AM
    What??
    Docs 2 Go makes you register...yet you can download a version that's floating out there including an activation code etc...and yes it works.

You are assuming EVERYONE on a BB has data (which would be required for an app to do a live activation...which is just plain stupid.)

anychance of a link?
    thepiratebay and demonoid r a no go... google is spitting all sorts of crap out.. pm
    06-26-09 02:12 AM
    There is no device in the world that can't be hacked or app cant be cracked

so .. yeh there is .. but its better to buy and not steal and make the developer to make more apps

you can buy apps .. they're cheap and safe from many sites .. crackberry is one of them

also .. crackberry makes many contests for users to win free apps , themes and other stuff

the blackberry world is more fun and connected than the iphone world
    06-26-09 11:57 AM
    i agree that he's read enough answers, but i dont agree that its not a toy. you cant tell me that everyone on here uses it for nothing but business and are all corporate execs. the new os's for the berry are proof that its attempting to make itself more media-centric.
    I know. I'm not going to use it for business. I'm going to use it as a smartphone. Do what I want to do when I want to do it.

anychance of a link?
    thepiratebay and demonoid r a no go... google is spitting all sorts of crap out.. pm
    And yes, there is a way to find the registration code inside the app.

After loads of research I have found what I needed to know.
    06-26-09 12:47 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD