I'm waiting for what has not yet been announced. I've been hearing tons about what will possibly be announced for 2010 and beyond. Specifically, a new Bold-sized powerhouse.
    Now, that's what I can get excited about!!
    08-20-09 10:33 PM
    Alright well I got Bold and its a great device solid and works all the time + 3G

now 9700 - I know its got that bold stamp and there is news or info saying its a evolution
    to bold. But I have the Bold for its size because I have big hands and the screen, not to
    mention the standard usb plug.

9700 looks pretty cool but we're not gona have a taste of this one for a while I think ..

BOLD 128
    ONYX 256

BOLD Larger screen

BOLD keyboard best in the business

ONYX Trackpad

ONYX I heard has 800 mhz processor
    but - no proof at all ....

BOLD 624 mhz ( great as is )

ONYX 3.2 Camera
    BOLD 2.0 ( but still great pix )

ONYX Video 30 frames

OS will prolly be 5.0x for ONYX

so - here the long and short, there are changes, but are they
    big enough to be worth making this new 9700 your daily Driver ! ?
    08-20-09 11:01 PM
    I'm waiting for what has not yet been announced. I've been hearing tons about what will possibly be announced for 2010 and beyond. Specifically, a new Bold-sized powerhouse.
    I'll give you a bold-sized powerhouse.
    08-20-09 11:56 PM
    Can anyone answer when the 9700 is going to be released?tnx..
    08-21-09 02:40 AM
    Alright well I got Bold and its a great device solid and works all the time + 3G

now 9700 - I know its got that bold stamp and there is news or info saying its a evolution
    to bold. But I have the Bold for its size because I have big hands and the screen, not to
    mention the standard usb plug.

9700 looks pretty cool but we're not gona have a taste of this one for a while I think ..

BOLD 128
    ONYX 256

BOLD Larger screen

BOLD keyboard best in the business

ONYX Trackpad

ONYX I heard has 800 mhz processor
    but - no proof at all ....

BOLD 624 mhz ( great as is )

ONYX 3.2 Camera
    BOLD 2.0 ( but still great pix )

ONYX Video 30 frames

OS will prolly be 5.0x for ONYX

so - here the long and short, there are changes, but are they
    big enough to be worth making this new 9700 your daily Driver ! ?
    Actually one of the people i know who has been using a pre-release onyx mentioned it is the same 624 mhz as the Bold, but used a newer processor. Meaning it was clocked at same mhz, but was a different processor than the one used in the Bold. As for specs, same as the tour and curve 8900. It's screen is the same one as the Tour's with the annoying black bezel unlike the curve 8900's screen which goes to the edge, but is nearly identical in size to the curve 8900.

As for release date, I'm pegging a late November/December release. Though nothing is certain.
    08-21-09 06:42 AM
    I think it really depends on how much a bold user hates the camera and also how much a bold user likes the large size of the bold. If a bold user is upset with the clarity of the camera's pictures and doesn't mind the smaller size of the onyx, then by all means don't hesitate to upgrade
    08-21-09 07:58 AM
    I will miss my glowing trackball!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 01:43 PM
    uma, 3.2 megapixel camera, sharper resolution. The uma is only if you're tmobile. If you're ATT then I think you mean the 9020
    The 9020 has been renamed the 9700

08-22-09 04:37 PM
    Some say the onyx isn't all that great. I'm on an 8830, I'm damn sure getting it when my upgrade time comes lol

08-22-09 07:02 PM
    Kinda surprised that no one has yet to mention the placement of the SD card which makes it very hot swapable.
    08-22-09 10:40 PM
    looking forward to the Onyx , I use the 8900 curve .
    08-22-09 11:12 PM
    What happened to touch screen when did that change?

08-23-09 02:48 PM
    The Onyx was never supposed to be a touchscreen.

Your thinking of the Blackberry Bold hybrid...i think the 9900?? touchscreen and keyboard
    08-23-09 02:50 PM
    yeaa the browsing experience sucks real bad on the bold. they need to upgrade big times on that dept. i wish blackberry could go on HTML sites just how the iphone does without no problems. (correct me if im wrong on this)
    The web browser is supposed to get an upgrade with the new 5.0 OS update. It won't beiohoe like but it will be a lot better and faster. Be patient, good things are coming and they will be coming soon. Also, RIM has stated that the BB browser will rival the iphone's by next summer.

08-23-09 07:43 PM
    I consider the name to be a major difference and I honestly hate the new "Onyx" name stamp. I think Rim should call the original Bold's replacement,... the Bold II.

Still to this date, the BB Bold is the best smartphone on the market,..and as soon as someone engineers a 32GB micro SD card,...so I can load up my 17+ GB of music it will be the best tootin' smartphone in the universe.

...have Bold will travel~

JMD
    08-23-09 09:32 PM
    I have had alot of 'berrys. From the 8130 (yuck), to the 8830 and 8330 (both nice). I have recently jumped the CDMA ship and went to the deathstar (AT&T) and got a Bold 9000. I must say I LOVE IT. But I honestly cannot get really excited about the onyx. I would like a better camera but def not a need. Smaller form is nice but not at the expense of screen real estate... And the trackpad would be nice since I tend to have greasy fingers from time to time while working on cars.

The only reason at this point I would upgrade to the onyx is to pass my bold to my wife to replace her 8310. But that depends on price.
    08-23-09 10:04 PM
    well seeing this will be my first bb....i might as well go with the latest one out on the market...and since the onyx is the mix of all previous bb's it is the best choice between the two..
    08-24-09 07:45 AM
    another major difference although not confirmed is obviously the OS ! upgraded version on the 9700
    08-24-09 12:39 PM
    Wait wait wait so it's smaller but faster and more memory and it's not a touch screen WTF there's so much bull going around what's there to beleive I whent back to my 3g cuz my bold track ball took a dump and was hoping to get the new bold soon but now the onyx which I was told was the new one isn't good god!!!!!

08-24-09 04:36 PM
    Does anyone know about the HSDPA speeds for Onyx? From what i remember Bold can do up to 3.6Mbps. The new iphone 3gs can perform up to 7.2Mbps. Hope 9700 can take care of business in this area..

Appreciate if anyone has any updates on it.

Can't wait for Onyx to come out..
    08-24-09 04:41 PM
    Maybe I don't want the Onyx afterall...is the hybird phone confirmed as actually in development?
    08-24-09 06:01 PM
    I had the Bold and used my upgrade to get the iPhone 3GS. While I love the iphone, I REALLY miss my BlackBerry. The real keyboard, push Gmail, and multitasking are huge in my book, so I'm debating selling my iPhone to switch back. Debating if I should sell now (I have 32gb white 3GS) and get a Bold or wait and get the Onyx.
    08-24-09 07:45 PM
    Do you think that the Onyx will have the Visual Voicemail feature? I know that the Bold is going to get visual voicemail anytime soon..it makes me hope that the Onyx will have Visual Voicemail pre-installed. ::Crosses Fingers::
    08-24-09 08:02 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD