I don't currently use a BB, but have really been considering upgrading to one in the last few months, and was going to get a curve, but i think i want to go for the gusto and get the bold, and i figure since rogers is releasing it now and they are the same network as t-mobile, or at least when i was in Canada last my t-mobile phone said rogers and worked just fine, i was wanting to see if anybody on here had any info on a potential T-Mobile release date.
    08-25-08 01:09 AM
    I do not think T-Mo is getting the Bold any time soon if at all. I would put my money on the Javlin. And that is what i am waiting for on the tmo network I want the smaller form factor
    08-25-08 01:17 AM
    t mobile uses a totally different frequency for 3g than any other north American gsm carrier so i highly doubt t-mobile will get the bold.

im sure eveyrthing else will work fine if u use an unlocked bold on t mobile, but 3g won't.
    08-25-08 01:23 AM
    well thats not the kind of answer i was looking for.

Ive had an unlocked phone on t-mobile before, a moto MPx220 and found i had trouble getting some functions to work properly, so imnot sure i want to go the unocked route again.

Thanks for the response.
    08-25-08 08:25 AM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-08 09:03 AM
    Well in all seriousness - I think I read somewhere that AT&T has a 6 month exclusive on the Bold in the U.S, so IF the Bold comes out on AT&T around Sept - Oct'ish, that would put it on T-mo no earlier than March-April'ish of 09.

If T-mo even gets it. Like others have said, T-mo operates a different 3G frequency. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe T-mo uses the 1700 mHz spectrum, while AT&T uses 850 and 1900. So the 3G would be moot.

I've seen talk of the Javelin coming to t-mobile. Which is supposed to be closer to the curve family. I would hold off for that one. It looks pretty sweet. That is, unless you want to switch to the dark side and become one of "us" on AT&T.
    08-25-08 10:15 AM
    I heard t-mo is getting the Javelin so i would just wait till it comes out..it might come out by the end of this year or sometime next year...
    08-26-08 01:40 AM
    Never unless they make a version with 1700mhz just for T-Mobile in the US.
    08-26-08 04:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD