Good news for the 9810!
    07-31-11 07:04 PM
    Indeed it will.

Quite possible. Just look at the 9000.

Speak for yourself. There are a couple of us that are quite intimate with AT&T and are completely aware of what's happening.

The HW is "good enough" for many carriers. Not for AT&T though. The 9900 has been in the lab for over a month now. Basically this means AT&T has found problems unrelated to software issues that need to be addressed. There is much speculation about this, but that bottom line is if it was ready, it would be in the same position as the 9810. <-- Almost ready for release.
    Oh okay. I didn't know they changed hardware. Are you meaning 9000 with 9650? Or 9000 att versus UK models? Just wondering

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-11 07:09 PM
    The iphone was their signiture phone for so long that I wouldn't put it past them. And I'm sure if someone that had an iphone and switched to a blackberry they'd still use alot of data. It's just the way they use their phones.

Wait. . .DOH!
    If this hasnt been pointed out to you yet, its not how BlackBerry users use their phone versus iPhone users, BlackBerry devices, when going through the BIS/BES is compress and encrypted to and from thus the lower data usage.

That was just for clarification.
    07-31-11 07:16 PM
    I maybe be wrong but wouldn't it benefit AT&T if it's users used Blackberrys instead of iPhones? They do consume 3x less data on average, probably cost AT&T less to buy, and their users consume less too based on the phone's features etc.
    IMO...I think its just the opposite. AT&T is a BUSSINESS their in it for the $$$$. The objective is to get you to buy a device and charge you out the yang to use it- like data plans, 2-3 year agreements etc. So maybe this is why they're pushing the iPhone and not so much the BlackBerry....anybody???

07-31-11 07:19 PM
    I suspect ATTs issues have more to do with some constraint on their earning potential than with any performance related failing. They probably fear a hotspot hack or similar is imminent.
    07-31-11 07:29 PM
    Speak for yourself. There are a couple of us that are quite intimate with AT&T and are completely aware of what's happening.
    Then, will you be so kind as to let us know what exactly is happening, and when we can expect a release date from AT&T?
    07-31-11 08:28 PM
    Then, will you be so kind as to let us know what exactly is happening, and when we can expect a release date from AT&T?

He has done this already. October-ish and hardware issues.

07-31-11 09:42 PM
    9810 sounds nice... But it's not wide enough and the buttons are small
    07-31-11 09:51 PM
    PG, CX was saying that 9900 hardware is all done and software is holding it up.
    But your comments imply that there could be hardware issues as well.

It's unlikely that verizon would release the phone with hardware issues, or you are implying that these hardware issues are limited only to GSM phones??
    I don't recall saying that... I recall saying this device has not made it out of the lab yet which indicates to me there is a broader hardware issue that needs to be addressed before it enters field trial.

9810 sounds nice... But it's not wide enough and the buttons are small
    Yeah I have used both torch forms and I think the keyboard is too narrow for my taste as well but for those that like the 9800 form will be really happy with the 9810...

PG
    07-31-11 10:18 PM
    Indeed it will.

Quite possible. Just look at the 9000.

The HW is "good enough" for many carriers. Not for AT&T though. The 9900 has been in the lab for over a month now. Basically this means AT&T has found problems unrelated to software issues that need to be addressed. There is much speculation about this, but that bottom line is if it was ready, it would be in the same position as the 9810. <-- Almost ready for release.
    CX as per your tweet on 17th July 2011

"@dwdsquared2 I'm not up on big red much. Or the CDMA side quite as much. But it's coming soon. Def within 30 days"

That would mean that Verizon is still possible by 17th August.

Since you have mentioned that Torch 9850 has been at Verizon labs for 4 months now, is it possible that Bold 9930 also has been at verizon labs for 4 months or so and hence should be close to release date.

One more question is why Bold 9900 is in AT&T testing for only one month.Couldn't it be in the labs earlier say by 4 months to fix all hardware issues etc by now?? Who is at fault here ?? RIM or Carriers ??

Thanks for replying.
    07-31-11 11:45 PM
    People are reaching for straws to justify AT&T's delay in releasing the 9900.....is it possible.....maybe not hardware.....maybe it's still in the lab for.............. - I'd rather them take their sweet arse time otherwise the same people that are complaining about the delay will be the first ones to cry when something goes wrong.

Just wait until August 3rd and see if any details are released. If no mention of AT&T's release, prepare yourself for some threads about that too.
    Last edited by ibcop; 08-01-11 at 06:13 AM.
    08-01-11 06:11 AM
    IMO...I think its just the opposite. AT&T is a BUSSINESS their in it for the $$$$. The objective is to get you to buy a device and charge you out the yang to use it- like data plans, 2-3 year agreements etc. So maybe this is why they're pushing the iPhone and not so much the BlackBerry....anybody???

You sound so bitter. AT&T is in this to make money, there is nothing wrong with that. Free Enterprise rules! Thank GOD the government does not own and run the cell phone carriers!

The carrier always pushes what they got to sell.

The carrier makes little on the hardware, they make their money on signing up people for new contracts or extending contracts that have or are about to expire.

They could care less what hardware they sell to get you to sign up, they just want you to commit.
    ibcop likes this.
    08-01-11 07:35 AM
    CX as per your tweet on 17th July 2011

"@dwdsquared2 I'm not up on big red much. Or the CDMA side quite as much. But it's coming soon. Def within 30 days"

That would mean that Verizon is still possible by 17th August.

Since you have mentioned that Torch 9850 has been at Verizon labs for 4 months now, is it possible that Bold 9930 also has been at verizon labs for 4 months or so and hence should be close to release date.

One more question is why Bold 9900 is in AT&T testing for only one month.Couldn't it be in the labs earlier say by 4 months to fix all hardware issues etc by now?? Who is at fault here ?? RIM or Carriers ??

Thanks for replying.
    I stand by what you quoted above. Verizon is going to launch it soon. However you were asking PG about the AT&T version which is much different. )
    purijagmohan likes this.
    08-01-11 09:20 AM
    Sounds like AT&T wants people to get hooked on their exclusive in US, 9810 form factor. Everyone will have Bold and Torch All Touch, but only AT&T will get Torch2 from looks of it (FU RIM for giving them exclusive BTW!). Personally I hope AT&T people jump ship for the 99XX on other carriers! I'm also hoping the AT&T/T-Mobile deal doesn't go through!
    purijagmohan likes this.
    08-01-11 09:52 AM
    Sounds like AT&T wants people to get hooked on their exclusive in US, 9810 form factor. Everyone will have Bold and Torch All Touch, but only AT&T will get Torch2 from looks of it (FU RIM for giving them exclusive BTW!). Personally I hope AT&T people jump ship for the 99XX on other carriers! I'm also hoping the AT&T/T-Mobile deal doesn't go through!
    The merger is going to chill competition, but it's a foregone conclusion. We have the best govt money can buy.
    08-01-11 10:17 AM
    You sound so bitter.
    Speaking of bitterness, how's your RIMM stock portfolio looking these days, greggebhardt?

08-02-11 10:24 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD