Hello everybody,

Evertime I start up my onyx I get this anoying message "Welcome to the password setup wizard. To initialize your device and key store passwords, please insert your smart card and enter your smart card PIN:". How can I disable that on my IT policiy on the BES or on the Device?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Regards,
    CoDeX2k
    06-30-09 09:56 AM
    how did u get an onyx
    06-30-09 11:21 AM
    Hello everybody,

Evertime I start up my onyx I get this anoying message "Welcome to the password setup wizard. To initialize your device and key store passwords, please insert your smart card and enter your smart card PIN:". How can I disable that on my IT policiy on the BES or on the Device?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Regards,
    CoDeX2k
    You can't it yourself unless you're the Administrator. You'll need to have IT do it.

Not sure how you're running Onyx, because it's not on the approved list (as it hasn't been released). I couldn't use mine for work..
    06-30-09 11:42 AM
    I am the IT Administrator, this is also the reson why I got access to an Onyx. Where can I change it?
    07-01-09 02:44 AM
    how did u get an onyx
    Is of non intresst but PIN workes very well :-)
    07-01-09 02:47 AM
    Is of non intresst but PIN workes very well :-)
    Can we see some pics?
    07-01-09 02:55 AM
    for proof? or what?

i think its not the topic now. but if you help me solve this message I will post pics
    07-01-09 03:18 AM
    for proof? or what?
    It's more like to share your phone with the rest of us, the guys still waiting in line for one
    07-01-09 03:19 AM
    =) I dot but right now I really would like to upgrade to 5.0.0.136 and get this anoying message away :-S
    07-01-09 03:41 AM
    =) I dot but right now I really would like to upgrade to 5.0.0.136 and get this anoying message away :-S
    On what OS is your phone running on?

I am on the .111 I also wanna get that OS version.
    07-01-09 03:49 AM
    Lucky u. I am on 0.9 beta crap it s awfully buggy... U cant even hook it up thruu USB it reboots it self the whole time...
    07-01-09 03:52 AM
    You're the IT admin and you don't have secondary support? You're asking the members of a blackberry forum before you escalate?
    07-01-09 08:00 AM
    He can't ask support or escalate, cause device is not released and support will not help with this issue.
    +1 - What he said :-p
    07-01-09 09:55 AM
    You're the IT admin and you don't have secondary support? You're asking the members of a blackberry forum before you escalate?
    I allready asked our RIM contact about this problem he told me that they dont have any Onyx testing devices yet.... So if u know how to solve it why dont u help?
    07-01-09 11:10 AM
    He can't ask support or escalate, cause device is not released and support will not help with this issue.
    He IS the support. If he's been granted access to a device not on the auth list and he's been allowed to use it on his company's BES, then he isn't the only person who has one and therefore, they have support for it; especially if they are testing the devices.

No company or Institution in their right mind would permit an un-released device to be used on BES - strictly for security reasons.
    07-01-09 01:24 PM
    I allready asked our RIM contact about this problem he told me that they dont have any Onyx testing devices yet.... So if u know how to solve it why dont u help?
    I don't know how to solve it, but I'm glad you contacted RIM...good luck with your PIN working much longer if you don't have a designated tester.
    07-01-09 01:26 PM
    Waaaaaaaiiiit a second.

SMART card or SIM card?

Take the smart card OUT of the phone. The only reason you would get that message with a sc is if it was an encrypted drive. And no one here is going to help you hack into that.

Otherwise, I don't know.
    07-01-09 01:31 PM
    Waaaaaaaiiiit a second.

SMART card or SIM card?

Take the smart card OUT of the phone. The only reason you would get that message with a sc is if it was an encrypted drive. And no one here is going to help you hack into that.

Otherwise, I don't know.
    Its known on 0.9 to do this, regardless of SD card/encryption/Smart Card, a newer OS will fix it however I gave up looking for a copy, so it might be a little hard.

Hope that helps
    07-01-09 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD