Hi everyone!

I was given a hand-me-down Bold 9000 last week and I really would like to "spruce" it up.. Here are some questions that you've all probably heard before:

1. I have a 4.6.0.247 version and I'd like to upgrade it to version 5. I have read all sorts of how-to's but I really would like if someone would be nice enough to enumerate all the steps here. I currently have Blackberry Desktop Software 6.1.. Will it work or do I have to uninstall it and replace it with a version 5 as well?? Do I need wi-fi to upgrade my OS? Will I have to install my other apps such as BBM, Twitter, Word/Sheet/Slideshow-to-Go all over again??

2. How does one install Uber Social?

3. What is the best OS 5 version for my specific phone? I have read plenty of praises for .771 and .1049--how do I know which one to get?

I guess that's about it. I'm sorry if my questions seem rudimentary.

Thank you in advance! Looking forward to your patience and expertise!!
    08-04-11 06:33 PM
    Easy steps for OS and apps here http://crackberry.com/blackberry-help Follow the step by step and all should be easy enough. The process is daunting the first time but gets to be old hat in time. Be sure to back up befor OS install.

My recommendation is always use the latest OS available. Leaks are me most of the time.

Apps should go with the OS update. You may need to restore settings but the apps should be there.

DM6 is good to go for your upgrade.
    08-04-11 06:45 PM
    Hi everyone!

3. What is the best OS 5 version for my specific phone? I have read plenty of praises for .771 and .1049--how do I know which one to get?

Read this careful and you know everything, welcom at the club.

New Os 5.0.0.1079/1082 6.0.0.600 findings and fixes

Enjoy DelftEo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD