I wish my Curve Red light would keep flashing until I checked the message. I've missed many text messages because the phone sat on my desk longer than seeing the red light. Does the Bold have the option to keep the red light flashing?
    10-30-08 12:14 PM
    You can not change the LED notification time without a 3rd party program such as Blackberry Alerts.
    10-30-08 12:26 PM
    How long does it flash before it times out? For a new email/sms/missed call?
    10-30-08 02:12 PM
    How long does it flash before it times out? For a new email/sms/missed call?
    It doesn't "time out" But if you get two new emails, and only check one, the envelope still stays at the top of the screen but the LED does stop flashing.
    10-30-08 02:20 PM
    No blackberry actually stops flashing the indicator unless you checka message and leave some unread as smash said.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-08 02:25 PM
    No blackberry actually stops flashing the indicator unless you checka message and leave some unread as smash said.

The Curve 8310 stops flashing after about fifteen minutes. As far as I know, All Curve's stop flashing after 15 minutes. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    10-30-08 07:47 PM
    my bold keeps flashing until you at least open the sms or email folder...you dont necessarily have to open the message (doing that leaves the envelopes on the screen)
    10-30-08 07:51 PM
    The Curve 8310 stops flashing after about fifteen minutes. As far as I know, All Curve's stop flashing after 15 minutes. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I've never owned a Curve, but my 8700 never did it and neither does my 9000. But I did find this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f34/led...timeout-51308/

Just a friendly reminder that you should generally ask device specific questions in the thread specific to your device. Hope that helps!
    10-30-08 07:55 PM
    my bold keeps flashing until you at least open the sms or email folder...you dont necessarily have to open the message (doing that leaves the envelopes on the screen)
    That will work. My Curve only flashes for about 15 minutes then stops.
    10-30-08 07:58 PM
    I've never owned a Curve, but my 8700 never did it and neither does my 9000. But I did find this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f34/led...timeout-51308/

Just a friendly reminder that you should generally ask device specific questions in the thread specific to your device. Hope that helps!
    I'm getting a little ahead of myself. I plan on getting the Bold next week when at&t releases it. I currently use a Curve 8310.
    10-30-08 08:01 PM
    I'm getting a little ahead of myself. I plan on getting the Bold next week when at&t releases it. I currently use a Curve 8310.
    Ooooooooooo ok. The answer is no. There's no LED timeout on the Bold.
    10-30-08 08:12 PM
    Incorrect. Here's a good way to test that:

Turn on the LED coverage indicator within the screen/keyboard settings so that the LED blinks green to indicate coverage (I always have this on on all my BB's just out of preference). Then after receiving an e-mail or SMS, the LED will blink red to indicate it. However, if no other messages are received after that, the LED will return to blinking green after around 15 or 20 minutes (not sure of the exact number).

So yes, the LED does timeout at some point.
    10-31-08 01:40 AM
    My bold changes from red LED to GREEN LED after about 30 minutes, but if i disable the network coverage the red LED stays on until I view one of the new messages.
    10-31-08 06:05 AM
    Incorrect. Here's a good way to test that:

Turn on the LED coverage indicator within the screen/keyboard settings so that the LED blinks green to indicate coverage (I always have this on on all my BB's just out of preference). Then after receiving an e-mail or SMS, the LED will blink red to indicate it. However, if no other messages are received after that, the LED will return to blinking green after around 15 or 20 minutes (not sure of the exact number).

So yes, the LED does timeout at some point.
    Ok, so I tested your theory this morning. When I woke up there were 3 new emails on my BB and the light was flashing red. That was at 6:37. It is now 7:48 and the red light is still flashing....

Maybe you're just not special enough obstacle...
    10-31-08 06:48 AM
    Post Script: My LED never blinks green. *shrug*
    10-31-08 06:49 AM
    there is never enough time between emails to see if there is a time out.
    10-31-08 07:09 AM
    My Bold DOES time out. I believe it's around 15-20 minutes. If I don't check, it stops flashing.
    10-31-08 04:03 PM
    Mine times out too - stops flashing maybe around 15 minutes.

10-31-08 04:06 PM
    Interesting.

So I tested something out. My LED coverage indicator was set to "off" which is why I never got the green LED light (that thing makes me blind). It seems that when this option is turned to OFF, the Red light will KEEP blinking until I check the message - there is no timeout. If I turn the option on, the LED will turn itself off after a little over 13 mins (yes, I timed it) even if I haven't checked the message yet.

Maybe mine is just wonky....
    10-31-08 04:18 PM
    Interesting.

So I tested something out. My LED coverage indicator was set to "off" which is why I never got the green LED light (that thing makes me blind). It seems that when this option is turned to OFF, the Red light will KEEP blinking until I check the message - there is no timeout. If I turn the option on, the LED will turn itself off after a little over 13 mins (yes, I timed it) even if I haven't checked the message yet.

Maybe mine is just wonky....
    I don't have the LED coverage indicator on and my red LED indicator still times out after about 15 or so minutes.
    11-01-08 12:59 AM
    What green LED light? I've never seen that. What's it for and where is it set?

11-01-08 07:34 AM
    What green LED light? I've never seen that. What's it for and where is it set?

The little light that blinks on the top right hand side of your device. Options>Screen/Keyboard: LED Coverage Indicator
    11-01-08 08:23 AM
    Thanks for your reply.

But - what does "coverage indicator" mean? What does the green light tell me?

I have just set it to "on" to try it out - but I can't imagine why I would want a green light flashing all day long.

11-01-08 09:33 AM
    The green light tells you that u are connected to a servuce provider and that all is cool. Go deep in a basement and there won't be a light, so you know not to expect an email or call

11-01-08 12:14 PM
    Thanks for your reply.

But - what does "coverage indicator" mean? What does the green light tell me?

I have just set it to "on" to try it out - but I can't imagine why I would want a green light flashing all day long.

I leave it off - the light blinds me.

Coverage Indicator is exactly as the name suggests; it is indicative of the fact that you're in an area receiving mobile coverage
    11-01-08 12:16 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD