Another eBay 9900:

Brand New Blackberry Bold Touch 9900 5MP 8GB UNLOCKED! on eBay.ca (item 300555196596 end time 06-Jun-11 19:17:26 EDT)

For some reason, it somehow seems slightly more legit than the previous one mentioned on the forum. Obviously, I could be EXTREMELY wrong.
    Last edited by jinxednuance; 05-12-11 at 11:37 AM.
    05-12-11 11:34 AM
    i hope this is a sign that this phone is being released soon ....
    05-12-11 11:38 AM
    i hope this is a sign that this phone is being released soon ....
    No, no, no... "f you buy in error, like if you buy and change your mind or you bought and you did not see that this listing is for preorder 25% fee will be charged." its a preorder listing someone just trying to make a quick buck from whoever will pay that much
    05-12-11 11:44 AM
    It appears that RIM lifted ban on these pre-release models and whoever owned them are now letting resellers selling them. Perhaps the sign of some movement.
    05-12-11 11:56 AM
    I think that a few more weeks it will be out finally... i have a feeling until the end of june it will be out.
    05-12-11 12:08 PM
    Has anyone tried asking the seller a question, like when will they be available? I know in the description it states Exp. June 30, but just wondering if anyone has tried to get more in depth details from seller, if he even has any. I agree with jay-dee though, its just like with the PS3 or any other hot item set to come out. People will set up an auction for pre-orders then they will go to the store or order online the day the items drop, then ship those phones to the buyers. From this seller's listing, he will almost be doubling his money, that is if the non-contract price is between 500-600. On the side of the page, it says 5 have already been purchased.
    05-12-11 12:11 PM
    Has anyone tried asking the seller a question, like when will they be available? I know in the description it states Exp. June 30, but just wondering if anyone has tried to get more in depth details from seller, if he even has any. I agree with jay-dee though, its just like with the PS3 or any other hot item set to come out. People will set up an auction for pre-orders then they will go to the store or order online the day the items drop, then ship those phones to the buyers. From this seller's listing, he will almost be doubling his money, that is if the non-contract price is between 500-600. On the side of the page, it says 5 have already been purchased.
    Sent him a message an hour ago. Waiting for response.
    05-12-11 12:21 PM
    Ok, great, look forward to seeing what the response entails. More than likely, I am expecting a generic response, but who knows, maybe we will get lucky.
    05-12-11 12:45 PM
    It appears that RIM lifted ban on these pre-release models and whoever owned them are now letting resellers selling them. Perhaps the sign of some movement.
    Even if RIM did lift a ban I would still want something in writing stating that RIM is giving this person permission to sell this phone.
    05-12-11 01:39 PM
    Did you hear back from the seller yet?

Hurry man! Time's a wastin'!
    05-12-11 01:40 PM
    Who's gonna pay $1025 for this phone? Ow, well, I've seen people pay $900 for a pre-released 9780.
    05-12-11 01:42 PM
    So the guy replied back with "It will be delivered and shipped as per our listing specifications. Thank you!"

Not sure what that means.
    Machzy likes this.
    05-12-11 01:58 PM
    Excellent! Exactly the answer we were looking for!

/s
    05-12-11 02:00 PM
    or just some made up BS..?
    05-12-11 03:30 PM
    So the guy replied back with "It will be delivered and shipped as per our listing specifications. Thank you!"

Not sure what that means.
    Being a eBay PowerSeller myself, I wonder how this guy keeps a 100% feedback rating with less than helpful customer service like this email.
    05-12-11 04:19 PM
    Being a eBay PowerSeller myself, I wonder how this guy keeps a 100% feedback rating with less than helpful customer service like this email.
    Because feedback can only be left by the buyer - and anyone dumb enough to pay this person $900+ for a device they can get at retail just as soon as the seller is probably not smart enough to leave negative feedback.
    05-12-11 04:42 PM
    There are lots of them out here, most are under NDA.
    05-12-11 04:44 PM
    Because feedback can only be left by the buyer - and anyone dumb enough to pay this person $900+ for a device they can get at retail just as soon as the seller is probably not smart enough to leave negative feedback.
    That is simply not so. People who have this kind of money are smarter than most (you)! You need to step out5 of your box and know that $1000 is pocker change to some

Money is not unlimited for me but I have paid well over $1k for a pre released phone and would do it again. Neither of these two sellers have these phones in their hand to sell. Up to "30 days for shipping".
    05-12-11 04:47 PM
    There are lots of them out here, most are under NDA.
    Yes, that's why these guys won't sell by themselves. They use aliases like this seller. So, I won't completely write them off as shady dealers. I will never buy this sort of stuff, but thought that this might be some indication that things started moving. Perhaps the launch in next month, or by the end of next month as some seller indicated won't be too far fetched. I do not put any more meaning on this but am just speculating with my own wishful thinking. I want this thing ASAP!
    05-12-11 05:01 PM
    That is simply not so. People who have this kind of money are smarter than most (you)! You need to step out5 of your box and know that $1000 is pocker change to some

Money is not unlimited for me but I have paid well over $1k for a pre released phone and would do it again. Neither of these two sellers have these phones in their hand to sell. Up to "30 days for shipping".

Doesn't matter if money is no object. If I pay $1000 today for a device that's not out yet, and can walk into a store on release day and pay half that, how is that not stupid? Just for bragging rights? They won't get it any sooner than the rest of us. If I were the buyer, I would feel REALLY stupid if, say, I'm sitting in a meeting the day after release and a few people there have the new bold, paid retail, and I don't even have mine yet and shelled out double? If the seller actually had the device and could deliver before full release, pay what you want, but paying double to get it at the same time as everyone else is stupid. Ok, maybe I'll change the word stupid to foolish. Stupid does sound harsh....

It's your money, and you're free to spend it however you want of course. This is all just my own opinion, so sorry if I stated as fact. I really just can't see anyone actually spending this kind of money on a device they can't get before anyone else.
    05-12-11 05:12 PM
    Doesn't matter if money is no object. If I pay $1000 today for a device that's not out yet, and can walk into a store on release day and pay half that, how is that not stupid? Just for bragging rights? They won't get it any sooner than the rest of us. If I were the buyer, I would feel REALLY stupid if, say, I'm sitting in a meeting the day after release and a few people there have the new bold, paid retail, and I don't even have mine yet and shelled out double? If the seller actually had the device and could deliver before full release, pay what you want, but paying double to get it at the same time as everyone else is stupid. Ok, maybe I'll change the word stupid to foolish. Stupid does sound harsh....

It's your money, and you're free to spend it however you want of course. This is all just my own opinion, so sorry if I stated as fact. I really just can't see anyone actually spending this kind of money on a device they can't get before anyone else.
    Completely agree with you.. $1,000 for a pre-order.. Can't get much stupider than that.. Watch when they do get it in the mail after it is release, it ends up being a "used" one that is an "older test model" haha it'll prove them right [;

I mean you aren't the one being stupid, obviously you have enough common sense not to fork out that kind of money (for what is in my eyes is a "scam" whatever way you look at it) just be happy that you didn't buy it and just laugh at those who did.
    05-12-11 06:13 PM
    Hey ebay is actually a most sought after site to check the new and hot sales and discounts...
    05-17-11 09:38 AM
    Completely agree with you.. $1,000 for a pre-order.. Can't get much stupider than that.. Watch when they do get it in the mail after it is release, it ends up being a "used" one that is an "older test model" haha it'll prove them right [;

I mean you aren't the one being stupid, obviously you have enough common sense not to fork out that kind of money (for what is in my eyes is a "scam" whatever way you look at it) just be happy that you didn't buy it and just laugh at those who did.
    It says expect delivery between June 30-July 07 or you can use expitiate shipping and get by July 05? So, just my guess? that BlackBerry might? be releasing the Bold 9900/9930 within that week (06/30-07/07)to GSM/CDMA carriers in North America...and like you've said, buyers remorse, I can get it for $199.00! I want my money back! (less 25% restocking fee) $256.25 in the sellers pocket on each returned device enough for the seller to buy thier OWN Bold 9900 and still have about $50.00 left profit. This may be a local cell phone store that carriers the big 4, and knows he'll be getting at least 50-100 Bold Devices (at cost) and IF there are returns from the ebay buyers, just tape'em up, send'em back to RIM as defective, 1yr warranty
    05-17-11 10:12 AM
    are all these devices on sale right now test units? and if i buy one will it always work? i mean after it is officially launched these ones won't get blocked will they?
    07-02-11 12:05 PM
    Wow that 9900 sold for over a grand. I can upgrade my phone in December. I'm not gonna have to pay hundreds of dollars by then to upgrade to the 9900 am I????
    07-02-11 12:12 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD