Purchased a Bold and got rid of my 8800

The voice and text only works...No Data, No e-mail...No- BB msgr

Tech support goes through the same old crap about switching the network (in the settings menu) to 2g..having to register to the network(which clearly isnt working),,,,then switch back to 3g.

They say there is a trouble ticket issued..and they are looking into it yet I have been without data for over a week? Does anyone else have this issue??

Thanks
    09-02-08 01:35 PM
    Maybe you don't have a BB data plan for your device?
    09-02-08 01:39 PM
    Check plan
    And make sure rogers has your pin and imei
    If they don't have it they cany push the data nicely

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-08 01:41 PM
    No thats the wierd thing...They have both the SIM and IMEI. I also have a 6 gig data pkg

I am told its not the device..That RIm is having provisioning problems. I did purchase the phone brand new but not directly from Rogers. Im wondering if thats an issue??
    09-02-08 01:46 PM
    there are two data packages - one for blackberrys and another one. Sure you have first?
    09-02-08 10:15 PM
    it shouldnt be a problem if you didnt buy it from them most of my blackberries I get from tiger direct and have never had a problem with data as long as they have PIN and IMEI
    you wrote sim make sure they have the PIN number
    if its on rim's side well then can't really help you there

p.s macgarnicle for rogers you only need to have the 6gig plan you dont need a blackberry plan as well seeing as you can push all your data from the 6gig plan
    09-02-08 10:43 PM
    p.s macgarnicle for rogers you only need to have the 6gig plan you dont need a blackberry plan as well seeing as you can push all your data from the 6gig plan
    good to know. Is that only for the 6 gig plan then?
    09-02-08 10:52 PM
    that is the only plan you can put on a blackberry that is not blackberry specific

all the other data plans you can put on blackberries are blackberries plans
    09-02-08 10:55 PM
    I persnally haven't had any problems. One I inserted the sim card, registered the bold with my old BB email address, it worked fne. Maybe you can log on to the BB wesite and have the service book sent to your new blackberry? Or simply re-request the service book from the settings section.

Good luck!

09-02-08 11:49 PM
    No issues here, popped in my old SIM, imported contacts..registered new 3G SIM...logged into my BIS auto changed my PIN and IMEI and got flooded with emails..lol!

09-03-08 03:52 AM
    I put my old SIM in the new phone as well and voice and texting works well. Rogers is saying its not being recognized by the network? I mean could it be the hardware itself? But then why would voice and text work fine? Im just trying to wrap my head around this
    09-03-08 07:24 AM
    I had my BB9000 from Rogers for almost 2 weeks now. between then and now i have droped it once over 2 feet on to a tile floor (not even a scratch) and workes fine. only complain i have with the BOLD is that i cannot set the ringer to ring more than 3 times max. I am new to BB so maybe this is a defult feature for all BB's? but other than that i have no complints
    09-03-08 08:12 AM
    Purchased a Bold and got rid of my 8800

The voice and text only works...No Data, No e-mail...No- BB msgr

Tech support goes through the same old crap about switching the network (in the settings menu) to 2g..having to register to the network(which clearly isnt working),,,,then switch back to 3g.

They say there is a trouble ticket issued..and they are looking into it yet I have been without data for over a week? Does anyone else have this issue??

Thanks
    If this was purchased from a retail store, I would simply return it and order one over the phone using the 1-888-ROGERS1. 99% of the retail agents dont know what they doing, but when it come from the wearhouse they pre-configure everything and send it to you so all you have to do is pop in your old SIM and register.
    09-03-08 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD