Should I get a white one and unlock for att or stick with TMobile? Scared their coverage will be worse than ATT..

Any Tmobile users sound off on traveling the US with Tmo..

Thanks
    06-05-10 10:17 PM
    I've traveled mostly all over NY and PA and haven't had any real problems. When I DO go out of a service area (usually in rural PA) my phone automatically roams on ATT EDGE without extra charge.

If you unlock the TMO 9700 to use on ATT, keep in mind that you will never have ATT 3G on it.
    06-05-10 10:49 PM
    thanks...i did not know about the 3g issue..better wait for white on att
    06-05-10 11:10 PM
    And if you want to use UMA you won't be able to either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-10 11:11 PM
    Yep, I'd wait for the white or decide on the black from ATT.

The TMO phone lacks the right 3G frequency bands for ATT, and vice versa.

BTW, if you're looking for a better 3G network (more widespread) then ATT does have it. Tmo's 3G network really needs work in terms of being in lots of places, but it may be a tad faster than ATT in major cities due to congestion, I've found. It's a tradeoff but it's up to you.
    06-05-10 11:14 PM
    i got a free 9700 att refurb for re opening my account. Screen is crooked and after 3 days the send key clicks really loud.

Replacement will be here tues. Lets hope its better. i want a white one i think...i wont go to tmobile...att is better and i really dont drop any calls at all anymore with the 9700 .656
    06-05-10 11:30 PM
    I travel around a lot for my job and I've had solid service where ever I go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-10 11:33 PM
    Housing swaps are pretty simple on the 9700, you could always just buy a pearl white housing... as long as you can live with the black frame that says BOLD.
    06-06-10 01:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD