I have not been able to find an answer/fix to this so am sending it out to you guys. I have sorted my apps into folders for convenience and whenever I change themes, they are all out on the screen again and it takes forever to re sort them. Is there a setting I am missing somewhere that will keep these in place? It makes switching themes a PITA.

Thanks for the help.
    09-25-09 09:39 AM
    I am having the same issue! Every time I find a new theme I want to try I have to reorganize all my icons and put them back into the folders I chose....if anyone has a trick that prevents this when switching themes please do share!
    09-25-09 09:42 AM
    Its always been that way. Your out of luck. Each theme has iits own settings. So settings for one do not carry over

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 09:45 AM
    Well that is disappointing to hear. On a semi related note, is there any way to put the themes on your sd card and access them from there? (running out of room)
    09-25-09 09:47 AM
    Each theme needs to be set only one time. There is no additional setting that you are missing, they should stay put.
    I don't have the issue that you describe
    09-25-09 09:47 AM
    To the OP,
    when you first download a theme, the icons will be arranged according to the theme's settings. However, once you arrange the icons to ur personal preference you can switch back and forth to different themes that you have already customized. But everytime you download a new theme, that new theme will have icons arranged according to how the creater set them up.

and as to saving theme on a memory card, i dont believe that is possible.
    09-25-09 10:15 AM
    Its technically possible to have the theme files on a media card. HOWEVER, you cannot run them from the card. you would have to reinstall them each time you wanted to use it. Any custom changes you made would be lost each time.

Its like a computer, you can have the setup files on your hard drive but until you install it it wount work. Ech time you install, it revertes back to its default settings.
    09-25-09 11:48 AM
    Thanks for all the explanations. It is clearer to me now. Guess when I have free time on my hands I will install each theme, set it up and then it will be ok to switch between them without hassle. I should have noticed that thing were staying put on my old favorites.
    09-25-09 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD