This is really annoying me so I figured Ill see what you experts can do.
    Anytime I am on the phone (with it by my ear) suddenly I hear ringing and my phone is calling the person I am talking to on flash I guess. The only way to stop the conference is to end the call.
    Can anyone help me? It is so frustrating!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-01-13 01:38 PM
    This is really annoying me so I figured Ill see what you experts can do.
    Anytime I am on the phone (with it by my ear) suddenly I hear ringing and my phone is calling the person I am talking to on flash I guess. The only way to stop the conference is to end the call.
    Can anyone help me? It is so frustrating!

I hate to sound like a tech ***** (LOL), but are you accidentally hitting the button (again) as the phone is up to your ear, up against your face, etc.? I used to do this all the time with an old BB and one of the settings was -- when you were on the phone, if you hit the call button again, it would call the person again on the flash. There might be a setting if this is the case.

I am sure the resident experts will be helpful here.

If not an accident, maybe it's defective -- OS, something, I don't know. Let your carrier fix the problem. Replacement? Insurance? Warranty?

Good luck.
    10-01-13 02:33 PM
    this happens on some OS releases, particularly on .794 of 9900...this is called "face dialing". But i don't experience this in other versions of the OS.

However, my wife, when she uses my 9900, this happens to her most of the time even on other OS's, and even on BB10. But it never happened to me esp on BB10. There must be something she is doing with the phone.

But anyway, if there is no remedy to that, press the power button first to lock the screen before you bring the phone to your ear...
    10-01-13 02:35 PM
    Isnt the power button also the end call button? Wouldnt that disconnect the call?

10-05-13 10:26 PM
    Isnt the power button also the end call button? Wouldnt that disconnect the call?

The end call button is the end call button (obviously). The power/lock button locks the screen.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 10:43 PM
    Take BlackBerry's social media team's advice
    Always making conference calls?!-6832773f-dd3e-41bc-929e-6b2595ea45d0.jpg
    10-06-13 12:21 AM