So far this is my biggest issue by far with the phone, not sure if it is solvable or not.

Basically, when I browse the web -- any website -- using the native browser I constantly click on links on the page. Any page. Whether I use hand scrolling or the trackpad (but especially the trackpad). It's just way too sensitive in terms of clicking on things (not directional).

Any way to solve this? Ideally I'd like to limit all "clicks" on website links to be limited to either a hard tap on the trackpad or a hard click via my finger.

(By the way the best way I've found to solve this is simply use Opera browser but the problem does not completely go away and I found the Opera browser much worse overall, at least for this device in OS7. Previously the Opera browser was way ahead of the BB browser).
    08-30-11 11:38 AM
    Exact same problem here. The browser is great in terms of speed and rendering, but I often accidentally click links and when I actually WANT to click them, it tends to ignore touch input.
    08-30-11 12:10 PM
    me too, so installed Opera Mini 6 and it is really great, plus I like the speed dial home page where you can just touch the icon for the website you want. Link below is for download .jad:

https://t.co/zAK3cMM
    08-30-11 12:24 PM
    I haven't tried Opera yet on my 9930, but I've used it on my 8830, iPad/iPod Touch, Evo 3D, and computer and I have to say I've never been impressed. Yes, it's fast, but the rendering is and has been consistently abysmal, and that hasn't changed. The new native BB browser is far superior and is now quite speedy, I just hope this bug gets fixed soon...

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-30-11 12:40 PM
    As for the trackpad, it wont select anything, or open links without a hard tap. Your probably running your finger too close to the screen and accidentally clicking links while using the track pad. As for accidentally selecting links using the touchscreen, im not sure... maybe your accidentally lifting your finger when touching the screen.
    08-30-11 12:45 PM
    1) I am very delicately using the trackpad and I still get the problem.

2) My take on Opera was that on previous devices it was way better than the BB browser but Opera went downhill when it went to version 6 (version 4 was much better). Also there is a ton that Opera doesn't do in BB OS7 (like pinch to zoom, gifs, flash, etc.).

3) I should note that this problem is greatly increased by the fact that there is no "stop" function in the BB broswer (which would allow me to unclick that link) nor does the back button work very well. So often I get very sidetracked by a single simple accidental click.

Would love a solution that would force my trackpad to click links only on hard taps.
    08-30-11 01:05 PM
    I also had this and replaced it and it still does it. (Verizon). I researched CB and found a solution which was to download a new OS. It's the leaked .353. It solved the problem of the squirrely cursor and selective opening of links. You can go into your option from the homescreen and adjust the keypad sensitivity as well as trackpad a some sort of hovering adjustment on the screen. It did help me a little.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 03:02 PM
    I also have Verizon but I'm an Enterprise user and don't know if I can download the updated OS, leaked or officially released. How do you even do it?
    08-30-11 03:05 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ey-638170-new/
    You can search further right here at Crackberry.

08-30-11 03:08 PM
    Install OS 7.0.0.353, it doesn't have that problem and has better battery life anyway.
    08-30-11 03:11 PM
    Any way to solve this? Ideally I'd like to limit all "clicks" on website links to be limited to either a hard tap on the trackpad or a hard click via my finger.
    I think one of the problems is when people swipe on the trackpad, they're touching the bottom edge of the touchscreen, and sometimes the touchscreen registers a tap.

The solution is to automatically make touchscreen "TAPS" insensitive whenever someone is using the touchpad to move the cursor around. Meaning if the center touchpad movement is being detected, it should ignore touches at the bottom edge of the touchscreen until there's no activity on the center touchpad (until a brief moment later, such as 1/2 to 1 second later).

Basically, there should be a temporary software-driven "guardband" between the touchscreen and the center touchpad, whenever it's in activity.
    08-30-11 03:26 PM
    No issues here. Haven't accidently clicked on a link using touchscreen or trackpad yet

08-30-11 03:28 PM
    I've hit a few links when using the trackpad, but now I just scroll with the touch screen.

08-30-11 03:34 PM
    Try modifying the touch sensitivity.

Options > Typing and Language > Touchscreen Sensitivity
    08-30-11 03:48 PM
    My problem is not touching the touchscreen, I've been very careful about it and still have the problem.

I tried getting the new OS .353 but every time I try to use App Loader to load it, I get the following message "Email Setup Library Cannot Be Loaded" because some required files are not available. I've tried googling a solution to this but no answer yet.
    08-30-11 03:55 PM
    i have the same problem but i think i am hitting the screen. It is a pain in the ****.
    08-30-11 04:07 PM
    this has been discussed in other threads with the net result being that .353 will remedy the sensitivity of the bottom of the touchscreen. Mine was unusable before .353
    08-30-11 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD