Hi folks. I'm wondering if there is a good alternate browser for the bold. I've tried mini Opera but I dont' like the way it highlights all the links as you scroll. Using the standard browser I find that a lot of pages don't render properly or it freezes a lot. I'm wondering if there is anything else. Thanks.
    08-06-09 10:26 AM
    Try Bolt, some people just love it.
    08-06-09 10:29 AM
    I've been using Bolt ever since it came out. I recommend it over Opera.
    08-06-09 10:32 AM
    I will try that now and write back. I installed that yesterday but I think trying to fix the memory leak problem I scrwed up my browsing so I had to reset my phone. I'll report back. Thanks.
    08-06-09 10:35 AM
    Okay, now is there a way to make the font bigger? This size isn't very usable. Thanks.
    08-06-09 10:44 AM
    The font is going to be pretty small. But you can change the magnification by going into preferences. The page won't fit to the screen, but you can scroll around.
    08-06-09 10:50 AM
    If you didn't like Opera you're gonna hate Bolt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 10:57 AM
    yeah I got it working. It's okay. I'm somewhat used to the iphone browser which is awesome so this is a little frustrating.
    08-06-09 11:27 AM
    yeah I got it working. It's okay. I'm somewhat used to the iphone browser which is awesome so this is a little frustrating.
    That's how I felt when I first got my Bold because I came from an iPhone 3G.

I prefer the BB Browser over anything, but I use Opera or Bolt for a few sites where the BB Browser renders poorly.

Most sites I browse while on the Bold come out fine so the browser isn't that big of a problem for me.
    08-06-09 11:41 AM
    A fellow iPhone abanodoner. Yeah I mean the main browser mainly works. I guess I'm just looking for something that will work with everythiing. I think at this point of things the browser in a smartphone really needs to be pretty superior and I think this phone is really lacking in that department. Really trying NOT to go back to my iPhone but it's still hard.
    08-06-09 11:49 AM
    Yes, it's well known that the iPhone has a far superior browser to BlackBerry, but unfortunately Opera and Bolt are the only other alternatives and they are both weak competitors at best. Neither one perform any better than the default browser and since the BB browser is always running it's quite pointless to install another one and use up more memory.
    08-06-09 02:07 PM
    A fellow iPhone abanodoner. Yeah I mean the main browser mainly works. I guess I'm just looking for something that will work with everythiing. I think at this point of things the browser in a smartphone really needs to be pretty superior and I think this phone is really lacking in that department. Really trying NOT to go back to my iPhone but it's still hard.
    Skyfire does for the most part (and it supports in-browser flash, which the iphone does not). It's gonna be buggy for a while on BB though because it's not as far along.

Opera Mini isn't really a weak competitor because it's not trying to directly compete with webkit based browsers designed for a specific phone. It works on virtually any platform and the server optimization allows very weak phones to load very large sites with very little effort. It does what it does basically.
    08-06-09 02:11 PM
    If you didn't like Opera you're gonna hate Bolt.

I hated Opera.. installed the first beta version of Bolt, then the most recent update...

I LOVE Bolt...

so, ymmv....
    08-06-09 02:55 PM
    I use Bolt for Wifi and stock browser for everything non-Wifi. I find Bolt absolutely flies over Wifi, for me. Whoops on my iTouch 3.0 and Safari. That part really impressed me. Plus Bolt looks great as far as render quality.

08-06-09 03:19 PM
    I use Bolt for Wifi and stock browser for everything non-Wifi. I find Bolt absolutely flies over Wifi, for me. Whoops on my iTouch 3.0 and Safari. That part really impressed me. Plus Bolt looks great as far as render quality.

That, and page layout. Off WiFi it positively stinks.
    08-06-09 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD