Hello,

all of you who have taken the bold apart is it easy to remove and replace the small internal button battery ( back up battery )

I plan on doing it and not sure if its a good idea/ easy or not easy ? will is just pop out from the slot or is it soldered on?

Thanks in advance.
    06-15-09 09:54 AM
    What backup battery? Where is it located in the bold?..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 11:27 AM
    What backup battery? Where is it located in the bold?..

Its on the centerboard (motherboard) of the phone.

06-15-09 11:33 AM
    Its on the centerboard (motherboard) of the phone.

I've taken out the whole motherboard but never took out a piece from the motherboard before

06-15-09 11:35 AM
    Why are you replacing the battery? If you have a general failure. It might not be the battery.

06-15-09 11:44 AM
    I've taken out the whole motherboard but never took out a piece from the motherboard before

Its like the backup battery on the mobo of a computer... But I believe the one on the bold is a capacitor looking battery on it. There was a link posted before of the guts of the motherboard andand what each part of the mobo is.

06-15-09 11:52 AM
    well I have a time issue! if I pull out my battery then the time does not update to the current time but stays on the time I pulled the battery.

Also tried it another bold right now and it had a similar problem 3 times but the next 3 times it was fine and updating the time!

I am confused now!
    06-15-09 01:48 PM
    well I have a time issue! if I pull out my battery then the time does not update to the current time but stays on the time I pulled the battery.

Also tried it another bold right now and it had a similar problem 3 times but the next 3 times it was fine and updating the time!

I am confused now!
    I didn't think that was necessary to have a seperate battery... Just update the time when you do a hard restart. I've always had to do that on both BB's I've owned...
    06-15-09 04:50 PM
    I didn't think that was necessary to have a seperate battery... Just update the time when you do a hard restart. I've always had to do that on both BB's I've owned...
    I've never had to update the time after pulling the battery.
    06-15-09 05:52 PM
    I've never had to update the time after pulling the battery.
    +1 for that. Kinda weird actually...

Chris
    06-15-09 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD