03-24-13 03:18 AM
163 ... 4567
tools
    I'll be keeping my 9900 for a long time. Love the keyboard/design of the 9900.

no way I'm upgrading.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-04-13 08:00 PM
    keeping my 9900 for at least another year.....i love it
    03-05-13 06:41 AM
    I'll keep mine for probably 2 more years. It is still less than 6 months old & works great! Then move on to Q10 or maybe slider?
    03-07-13 11:43 PM
    im keeping my b9900. if its dead some day, i`ll go back to the uber popular 9700..loved it to death!!!

dont like the lack of BIS on BB10 and the lack of all the features i loved e.g. awesome profile management etc. i WILL not make a step back...if i wanted a phone which has no data compression, no BIS push and no customization in the options i loved..then i could buy an iphone...would be same..
    BB10 killed the REAL blackberry experience...i tried a z10 in store..dont like it @all
    Legal Eagle, joeye333 and Deafakos like this.
    03-08-13 08:09 AM
    I like my 9900, but once Best Buy have the BB10 for sale in Atlanta, GA, I'll be lining up like everyone else. I just can't help it...
    03-08-13 08:48 AM
    im thinking about holding on to my 9900 for a while as a back up device.
    03-08-13 11:15 AM
    I am holding on to my 9930. I need to have my keys. I cant wait till big red gets the Q10.
    03-08-13 12:37 PM
    Touch screen, trackpad, and keyboard as methods of interacting with the 9930, its a most efficient device and I will keep my 9930 as a backup when I tryout the Q10. The Q10 OS, LTE data speed, 64GB MicroSDXC compatible, and the 2100 mAh battery are enticing and I'll give it try when its released.
    03-08-13 12:50 PM
    yeah will be holding on to my 9900 a bit longer. in fact i still have my old 9700 as well. i guess you can say it's a back-up to my 9900, which in the future will be a back up to a Z10
    03-09-13 12:05 AM
    I keep all my BB devices. My 9000 and 9700 still work like new out of the box. I also use my 9800 as my alarm block by my bed or when I need to send a quick email or browse the web. My 9900 will stay by side even after the Z10 makes its way to the US.
    03-09-13 12:37 AM
    I will be using my 9900 for a while yet. As of right now I am posting this from the wife's Z10. As much as I enjoy playing around with the phone, it still doesn't beat the 9900.
    As many of stated, BB10 is missing a lot of the key features that make BB7 great.
    Here is a list of what I have noticed from playing around with her phone in just 6 days of use:
    Can't set browser to display bookmarks on start up.
    No BlackBerry news.
    Number of apps limited in a folder
    Can't hide apps
    Can't delete some apps. When deleted forces a update to reinstall them.
    When deleting a email, no more option for deleting on handheld or deleting on handled and inbox.
    Can't select different notification tones for multiple emails.

Yeah, to some those might be small features and settings that don't really bother them. For me though, they are a game changer.
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

So for me, my Bold 9900 will be perfect until either some (or better yet all) of these things get changed. Or until my Bold has reached the end of the road.

P.S. If I have listed something there that can be changed, feel free to correct me as it would help out. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Leopard78OL and shemaree09 like this.
    03-10-13 12:14 AM
    Im facing a crisis regarding this soon. Company paid phone being upgraded from crappy little nextel to iphone4s in next few weeks. Always hated carrying 2 phones, but now having a 4s and 9930 in otterbox defender is going to be miserable. Cant imagine giving up bb, but might be doing it. For a few months at least.
    03-10-13 03:32 AM
    I'm keeping my 9900.
    03-10-13 03:35 AM
    im actually upgrading from a 9360 to a 9900. wind has them for 299.99 outright. the curve is on its last leg, it needs a new battery, housing and usb port is messed. when i get the bold i might get a playbook with it! android convert btw!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    03-10-13 05:12 AM
    Keeping my 9900 as long as possible.

At the moment, if it died I would buy another 9900 and not one of the newer BBs (by choice, not for financial reasons). I love the trackpad and Call/End/BB/Back keys (I only wish they hadn't removed the 2nd convenience key!). I'm sure the Q10 will be a nice phone but in my opinion BB (and almost all other phone manufacturers) are sacrificing functionality for style/coolness with their relentless moves towards an all-touchscreen world. I'm quite worried about how things will look in 5-10 years time. I don't mind the touchscreen on the 9900 as an extra but I want hardware keys (not just QWERTY for typing).

My perfect BB would be a 9900 with perhaps a slightly taller screen, as powerful a regular-sized battery as technology allows (love my Seido extended battery but it does add to the bulk of the phone), a good autofocus camera and the return of the second convenience key (perhaps even more convenience keys).

Then sort out the software side - really put some work into improving the speed and stability of the OS even with 3rd party apps loaded (I don't ever want to see a spinning clock), the same for Desktop Manager, plus give me Skype and far better native calendar, task and memo apps. Sort out BlackBerry App World. Give us a Theme Builder.

03-10-13 06:33 AM
    I'm so happy with my 9900. Hopefully, when Q10 is released, you can get 9900s dirt cheap, so I can buy one just like that, for backup or whatever.
    I love the overall sturdiness of the machine.
    03-10-13 10:26 AM
    I've held on to all my old BB, except my Pearl, and the 9900 will be no different. I look forward to getting the z10 here in the states, but in case it doesn't fit for me then I'll take it back still have old faithful 9900.
    03-10-13 12:00 PM
    I sold my 9900 just over a week ago and I regret it now big time. I used the 9900 as my primary phone and if I really wanted certain things I didn't have on the Bold, I would use my Nexus 4 (backup phone). But with all the Z10 talk going on I thought I would try it out so I picked it up. As much as there were things that were nice about it, I still missed the strengths of the 9900/BBOS. I think BB10 has some great features and lots of potential but it still needs some more work. I'm still hoping they introduce a lot of those features that made BBOS phones so great as being the most efficient communication tools.

Problem is now I'm stuck. Since I wasn't 'loving' the Z10 experience, I returned the phone today and I'm down to just the Nexus 4 (which is already frustrating me due to its poor battery life). I don't know if I should re-purchase the 9900 and keep the combo I had for at least another year to let BB10 develop more, or stick with just the Nexus until the Q10 is out to see if BB10 with a keyboard will bring back some of what I am missing from the 9900. I'm also anxious to see what BB 10.1 brings in updates and it should be ready by then.

If I see a good sale on the 9900 though I think I'll just jump on it.

For all those waiting, I say don't regret your decision. The longer you wait the (hopefully) better the new phone will be. And if you really want to try out the new phones, don't sell your old one until your are happy with it :-)
    03-10-13 04:13 PM
    I have a z10 and im still keeping my 9900. The thing is still brand new, and works well. I kept it on prepaid with bis service for testing purposes.

Sent from my Z10
    03-11-13 01:13 PM
    Although my carrier is AT&T, I am not planning to switch from my 9900 in the near future. A not insignificant reason is the ability to tether (with Tether s/w) to my laptop that I use extensively with my 9900. I asked the Tether folks if they were planning on provided a version of their s/w for the BB 10, and the response didn't brighten my prospects for a near-term purchase of a Z10.
    03-11-13 02:34 PM
    I am quite happy to let everyone else test the q10 out, and wait for the evolution of the device into something a little bit closer to what my 9900 offers. Really not sold on bb10 so far, seems like a backward step in so many areas of functionality that were core to attracting specific types of users to BB's in the past. Abandoning their USP's to become the same as everyone else I fear may come back to haunt RIM/Blackberry. Don't get me wrong, the Q10 looks like a nice phone, but honestly I feel it has lost the spirit of the bb 7 os in an attempt to become as marketable as ios et al. If my bold 9900 died today? I'd be scouring ebay for an identical replacement.
    Legal Eagle and Fr3lncr like this.
    03-11-13 07:06 PM
    I was going to. Did... kinda. I still have a 9930 for work (and I still have a Playbook) so I've still got a foot in the BB camp. But...... I picked up a DROD RAZR MAXX HD for my personal phone a few weeks ago. I have to admit - it's really sweet. A couple things I miss, but there's so much more I didn't have access to (and wouldn't with the Z10 as it stands today). I have a device that's supported at work and has an application ecosystem that I've been denying for a long time.

I've grown though - in the sense that I realize that be it BB, Android or whatever.... I'm not going to make my phone a religious or political thing. Gonna use what suits me - and respect those who use what suits them.
    03-11-13 09:50 PM
    i am a blackberry noob. bought my bold 9900 at at&t, previously used iphones, an android phone and a windows phone. i absolutely love this phone, despite the lack of music production apps and hi tech games i enjoyed on apple and google platform. i am looking forward to bb10 and someday owning a BB10 device but for now im in love with the 9900 and will use it as long as i can. something tells me rim isnt going to halt support for these older units at the drop of a hat, unlike apple is so quick to do.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    03-12-13 10:30 AM
    I've only had my 9930 for a year and it still is perfectly fine, but heck no. I'll be getting the Z10 as soon as T-Mobile releases it. I love the hub and new features on the Z10. And yes there are apps I want and will use Android ports if needed. But I will be keeping my 9930. Not selling it or anything.
    03-12-13 01:09 PM
    Keeping mine until the wheels fall off, so to speak, and my wife is also. It's the last of the great BlackBerry smartphones with keyboard shortcuts and hard keys like the BlackBerry menu key! I love just pressing M and then the BlackBerry key twice for a blank email and using the QuickLaunch application to use the keyboard for anything and everything.
    03-12-13 03:05 PM
163 ... 4567