Is anyone else experiencing issues with the latest OS6 build released by Sprint? One of them that bugs me the most is my phone not responding at all. Here's the scenario: I use my phone for some messaging, holster it, pull it back out after some time and it's unresponsive. It's unresponsive like when one would turn the power off. Black screen and everything, so I have to pull the battery.

Another issue I am having is the phone randomly locking during use. Of course I have the phone set to lock after X amount of time and when I holster it, but the phone is locking during normal use.

I know there are other issues I am having, but cannot think of them at this time. These are the two most important ones and the ones I have experienced this morning.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues or any other?
    07-24-11 10:43 AM
    Black screen of death is a known issue.

OSBB .600 V1 fixes it.

Idont remember if V2 does but I'm assuming it does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-11 11:54 AM
    What is OSBB .600 V1 and V2?
    07-24-11 12:02 PM
    What is OSBB .600 V1 and V2?
    These are Hybrids that try to solve known issues.
    07-24-11 12:42 PM
    These are Hybrids that try to solve known issues.
    I see. However, my computer is a Mac and the way I understand it, the Macs aren't able to load hybrids. I could be wrong, though.
    07-24-11 01:09 PM
    Not an answer to the mac question but I'm running fine with 600v2 hybrid, except I replaced the .587 radio in it with the 600 radio.

I have some network problems with the .587 radio

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    07-24-11 02:56 PM
    Haven't had any problems with black screen.

/keeps fingers crossed
    07-24-11 03:52 PM
    I just experienced my first black screen of death yesterday. Otherwise 600 has been perfect, even improved battery life.

Guess i gotta look into the hybrid...
    07-24-11 03:57 PM
    Yep I agree Jaydee, It happens every so often, just installed V2 today, so we will see.

Not sure what it is that locks up on the device. Back ground app? something......

Battery pull always fixes it, of course.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-24-11 05:29 PM
    Yes I've had this BLACK screen of death on 4 different occasions. Hows the V1 reacting and is it worth putting on my phone
    07-24-11 07:25 PM
    Yep I agree Jaydee, It happens every so often, just installed V2 today, so we will see.

Not sure what it is that locks up on the device. Back ground app? something......

I don't think the black screen is caused by a background app. I am a stickler about closing all apps to get maximum performance from my battery.

Is anyone else getting the black screen from holstering his or her device?
    07-25-11 12:31 AM
    Yes I got it from stand by
    07-25-11 07:15 AM
    Yes I got it from stand by. Which has me thinking that a call to action locks up the restore mode.
    07-25-11 07:15 AM
    I don't think the black screen is caused by a background app. I am a stickler about closing all apps to get maximum performance from my battery.

Is anyone else getting the black screen from holstering his or her device?
    Also, I can't speak for John but when he says from something running in the background, that doesn't necessarily mean an app that shows up in SWITCH APPLICATIONS. If you use various programs to see what's running on your phone, AS I HAVE, you will find over 45-55 processes running at any one time. And that doesn't mean 45-55 APPS. Just processes. It def could be any ONE of those that interferes with something else that gives us the black screen of death.
    07-25-11 07:17 AM
    Also, I can't speak for John but when he says from something running in the background, that doesn't necessarily mean an app that shows up in SWITCH APPLICATIONS. If you use various programs to see what's running on your phone, AS I HAVE, you will find over 45-55 processes running at any one time. And that doesn't mean 45-55 APPS. Just processes. It def could be any ONE of those that interferes with something else that gives us the black screen of death.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I assumed John meant an app. It's looking like I'll have to just deal with the bugs until something better comes along (hopefully).
    07-25-11 07:25 AM
    Regarding the question from MadGasser about the black screen when holstering, I don't know if my black screen issue is the same as everyone else's in this thread, but I have discovered that when my device is holstered in the original Blackberry case on my belt, with the keypad locked, depending on the type of chair I am sitting in, if I move in such a way as to put pressure on the outside of the case, the off button will activate, completely shutting down the device. No battery pull needed, just turn it back on and everything is ok. Sometimes pressure on the case pushes the keyboard unlock button on top of the device and phone calls get made by accident. Someone reviewing a case in the Crackberry store brought this issue up apparently because the elastic on the side of the case compresses. Hope this was helpful.
    07-27-11 11:40 AM
    Regarding the question from MadGasser about the black screen when holstering, I don't know if my black screen issue is the same as everyone else's in this thread, but I have discovered that when my device is holstered in the original Blackberry case on my belt, with the keypad locked, depending on the type of chair I am sitting in, if I move in such a way as to put pressure on the outside of the case, the off button will activate, completely shutting down the device. No battery pull needed, just turn it back on and everything is ok. Sometimes pressure on the case pushes the keyboard unlock button on top of the device and phone calls get made by accident. Someone reviewing a case in the Crackberry store brought this issue up apparently because the elastic on the side of the case compresses. Hope this was helpful.
    no sorry. lol
    the black screen of death IS NOT the same as hitting the off button.
    I'm sure everyone else who got a black screen tried the same things to wake up the phone: hitting the lock button, the off button to turn it back on and ESC and space...AND GOT NO RESPONSE. That's how it's different. :-) Nothing works but a batt pull.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 07-27-11 at 11:58 AM.
    07-27-11 11:56 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply, jaydee. I am new at all this tech stuff even though I'm old as dirt! I do enjoy surfing these forums to see if I can learn, and retain something new! Thanks.
    07-27-11 12:19 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply, jaydee. I am new at all this tech stuff even though I'm old as dirt! I do enjoy surfing these forums to see if I can learn, and retain something new! Thanks.
    Not old as dirt...say "I'm much more experienced" that sounds better!!!
    HAHA No problem. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here. They will help us both!
    07-27-11 12:30 PM
    Black screen of death is a known issue.

OSBB .600 V1 fixes it.

Idont remember if V2 does but I'm assuming it does.

I have not seen it with v1 or v2, but v2.5 beta is running real nice so far!
    07-27-11 12:59 PM
    I have not seen it with v1 or v2, but v2.5 beta is running real nice so far!
    Where can I download the V2.5? Sorry I'm just new here and just got my phone, thanks..

07-27-11 03:46 PM
    V2.5 is in beta testing, look in the hybrid OS forums for v2 until something newer is released, maybe this weekend.

07-27-11 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD