For those wondering just what the heck I'm talking about, listen to todays Crackberry Podcast

edit: There is now a blog post explaining the names. http://crackberry.com/friday-fun-bla...d-9900-gretzky
    08-05-11 06:58 PM
    Great sky or Gretzky?
    08-05-11 07:02 PM
    08-05-11 07:12 PM
    kinda lame tbh
    08-05-11 07:20 PM
    kinda lame tbh
    Agreed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-05-11 07:45 PM
    kinda lame tbh
    Not kinda lame, really lame.
    08-05-11 07:55 PM
    Going to have to agree with everyone. Gretzky is kida lame.

08-05-11 07:56 PM
    very lame.....outdated too.....
    08-05-11 08:30 PM
    How about "Einsteinium" (99th element)
    or Barbara after the wonderful Agent 99
    08-05-11 08:42 PM
    For those wondering just what the heck I'm talking about, listen to todays Crackberry Podcast

edit: There is now a blog post explaining the names. http://crackberry.com/friday-fun-bla...d-9900-gretzky
    Here is a we know you're not Canadian when moment:

Its spelled Gretzky but you call call him 'he Great One'.
    08-05-11 09:19 PM
    Let's not hope that Kevin's feelings are hurt! haha
    08-06-11 12:16 AM
    Gretzky was a golfer, right?
    08-06-11 12:36 AM
    Gretzky was a golfer, right?
    religious leader
    kevinnugent likes this.
    08-06-11 12:49 AM
    religious leader
    With a Cult following :-)

08-06-11 04:01 AM
    With a Cult following :-)

That is a Given,
    since all religions are nothing more than cults to people who do not share the same view.
    nRRe likes this.
    08-06-11 09:18 AM
    The Gretzky. Great. The top player from a second rate sport. What sort of reference is this? Canadians really need to look outside of their country once in awhile. Go with The Babe Ruth. Try The Pele. Call it The Jordan. Even an olympic spin of The Bolt (named after Usain) would be world renown. Do you think Apple is going straight for second place and calling their next device "The LeBron"?

08-06-11 06:03 PM
    The Gretzky. Great. The top player from a second rate sport. What sort of reference is this? Canadians really need to look outside of their country once in awhile. Go with The Babe Ruth. Try The Pele. Call it The Jordan. Even an olympic spin of The Bolt (named after Usain) would be world renown. Do you think Apple is going straight for second place and calling their next device "The LeBron"?

ummmm
    Baby Ruth = 3
    Jordan = 23
    Pele = 10

you are off your rocker Gretzky is 99 and this is the 9900 hence the choice...
    08-06-11 08:28 PM
    ummmm
    Baby Ruth = 3
    Jordan = 23
    Pele = 10

you are off your rocker Gretzky is 99 and this is the 9900 hence the choice...
    It was a joke.
    08-08-11 12:49 AM
    It was a joke.
    No offense, but it's a little difficult to take that as a joke when it's coming from an American (I assume you're American, since you're on Verizon). We all know how some of you hold some degree of animosity towards us when it comes to hockey because it's the one sport we can actually win at other than curling. Haha.
    08-08-11 01:10 AM
    Gretzky is a legend, there is no doubt about, he's like Pele in soccer. I'll be happy if i carry device called Gretzky.
    .m.e. and Masahiro like this.
    08-08-11 11:30 AM
    I dont particularly like Hockey and i know who Gretzky is. He is a legend
    Masahiro likes this.
    08-08-11 11:58 AM
    I dont particularly like Hockey and i know who Gretzky is. He is a legend
    That about sums it up.

I'm not really a hockey fan either. But even I know that Gretzky is a heck of an athlete, and a much better icon than most of the whiny, overpaid "athletes" seen in sports these days.

I have no problem associating a legend like Gretzky with the 9900
    Last edited by Xader; 08-08-11 at 12:30 PM.
    08-08-11 12:24 PM

Hey have some ******* respect. Hockey is the greatest sport on earth. You're on a Canadian website for fans of a Canadian company.
    08-08-11 01:25 PM
    Hey, we here in Detroit are gonna call our BB Bold 9930's "And Howe!" After the hall of famer Red Wing Gordie Howe

08-08-11 04:04 PM

... "Joking" or not, you're an ***** in my books.
    08-08-11 04:22 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD