So, I just got my new bold today, which all in all is fantastic after the last few months of **** with the storm. (Yes, I actually left VZW to get rid of that awful device.) Anyway, I installed an update to Docs2Go, and had to do a reboot. When the phone came back on, all of the emails in my inbox were missing. The email account itself is still set up, but it was just empty. Has anybody else experienced this? Any idea what could have caused it?

Thanks in advance.
    07-13-09 11:03 PM
    maybe this is why i'm loosing email too
    07-14-09 05:53 AM
    not specifically with emails, but i've had soft resets that have screwed things up with icons and my homescreen. i did a battery pull and it fixed it...sometimes it seems that things don't always reload 100% on a soft reset...since it still has power i guess
    07-14-09 09:39 AM
    to make matters even more strange... i installed quickpull v2 from appworld yesterday. first soft reset i did, when it came back on, at least 5 icons were missing from the home screen that i can remember, including browser and email. i resent service books and browser came back but email didn't. i sent a test email to myself, and the new message indicator came on, but i couldn't figure out any way to access the email. anyway, i uninstalled quickpull and did a battery pull, and everything was back. and no emails have mysteriously disappeared since the first time. but, all in all, its been a strange first 24 hours of bold ownership.
    07-14-09 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD