I'm using a BlackBerry Bold 9000 with Outlook 2010 (32-bit) and BlackBerry Desktop Manager (BDM) 6.1. Outlook is installed under Windows 7 64-bit and it has only one calendar.

Most appointments appear in both the BlackBerry and Outlook, but some of them that were created on the BlackBerry are not showing up in Outlook after an error-less sync.

If I change one of these "missing" appointments in the BlackBerry by adding and deleting a space and then saving it, the appointment is not synched.

If I change one of these "missing" appointments in the BlackBerry by adding a character and then saving it, the appointment is synched and is recognized as a change, not an add by BDM.

I've compared appointments that sync correctly with those that don't and cannot find any difference in their characteristics.

The sync in BDM is configured as two-way. The BlackBerry is configured to save all appointments.

What's the best way to ensure that all BlackBerry appointments are correctly synched with the Outlook 2010 calendar?

TIA for any help you can provide.

This has also been posted at blackberryforums.com, but has not yet received any replies.
    07-15-11 10:37 AM
    Good luck

10 char
    Last edited by saudadeii; 07-17-11 at 04:28 PM.
    07-16-11 09:10 PM
    Yes, new appointments appear to sync correctly, whether they're created on the BB or in Outlook. However, some appointments recently created on the BB do not display in Outlook. I don't know why, I don't know how to correct it (except by modifying each one on the BB and resynching) and I don't know how to avoid it in the future.
    07-17-11 01:42 AM
    Your default CICAL on your device needs to be the same as your default email address in Outlook.
    07-17-11 02:57 AM
    Several CICALs exist on the BB.

Does the existence of several CICALs explain the problem of some appointments not synching to Outlook?

If so, can the non-synching appointments be corrected on the BB so they'll sync?

Also, since I can get the "missing" appointments to sync by adding a non-space character to them, why are they then considered "changed" and not "added" when they're finally synched? Since they're "changed", BDM believes they exist somewhere in Outlook already where are they hiding?

I've seen several posts (unfortunately, I don't yet have the right to post links to them) about deleting/consolidating CICALs, but I need to be able to go through the procedure without losing any appointments on the BB. Is that possible?
    07-17-11 04:07 AM
    Good luck

10 char
    Last edited by saudadeii; 07-17-11 at 04:29 PM.
    07-17-11 10:38 AM
    There's only a single calendar in Outlook. (Is this what you mean?)
    07-17-11 11:43 AM
    Good luck

10 char
    Last edited by saudadeii; 07-17-11 at 04:29 PM.
    07-17-11 11:52 AM
    AFAIK, there's only a single calendar on the BB. (How do I check this?) I'm not using Gmail or Yahoo or any other account that maintains a separate calendar.
    07-17-11 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD