I'll admit, I'm a snoozer. On average, I hit the alarm snooze 3 times before getting out of bed. So far now, this problem has occured 3 times, and twice this week. On the third snooze attempt, the keyboard will totally freeze up. I can't even do a soft reset, which I prefer over a battery pull. So I have to do a pull to reset the phone. When it restarts there is a new message notifier on the Today screen Messages app that will not go away until I do another soft reset.

Now, I am running OS .185 and also have Profiler running in the background. I'm going to do some tests and try to force a duplicated condition. So far, this is the ONLY issue I have with my Bold.

Anyone else had anything like this happen?
    12-09-08 09:32 AM
    My bold has taken to locking up when the alarm goes off - only the red end call button can stop the alarm. Then either wait a few minutes to clear or do a battery pull.
    I'm blaming .216 - never had this issue running .162

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 04:05 AM
    I'm on .216 and me too snooze the alarm 2-3 times before getting out of the bed. But never ever came across such a problem with the keyboard ...
    01-22-09 04:11 AM
    was on .185 and i did what you did but no freezes
    but i do not have profiler though
    01-22-09 04:33 AM
    I'm on .167 (default AT&T), and just had the phone freeze today. I had my alarm set for 7:45am and it actually froze on 7:44am. I figure probably 7:44:59, right before it was going to change.

Seems like this is affecting a few different versions?
    01-27-09 12:33 PM
    I'm new to the Blackberry world (I just got a Curve 8900 a few months ago) and I have been having this same alarm problem. It has happened two mornings in a row now.

I'm with Rogers and don't want to be without my phone while they try to fix it. Has anyone managed to figure out what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance.

I'll admit, I'm a snoozer. On average, I hit the alarm snooze 3 times before getting out of bed. So far now, this problem has occured 3 times, and twice this week. On the third snooze attempt, the keyboard will totally freeze up. I can't even do a soft reset, which I prefer over a battery pull. So I have to do a pull to reset the phone. When it restarts there is a new message notifier on the Today screen Messages app that will not go away until I do another soft reset.

Now, I am running OS .185 and also have Profiler running in the background. I'm going to do some tests and try to force a duplicated condition. So far, this is the ONLY issue I have with my Bold.

Anyone else had anything like this happen?
    06-29-09 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD