I have a weekly alarm setup for my work week.

Is there a way to have the BB recognize holidays and automatically turn the alarm off on those days?

I ask because inevitably I forget to turn it off the night before so what should be an extra day of sleeping in a little late (ie tomorrow July 4) is often ruined by my normal workday alarm and if I do remember to turn it off, then I often forget to turn it back on and end up oversleeping the next workday...

It would be nice to either be able to have it recognize holidays off my bb calendar and automatically turn off the weekly alarm for that day or at least let me set it up a few days in advance (ie last Friday on my way out the door I remember I have monday off, I tell it to skip monday but go back to normal starting tuesd).

Any help appreciated!
    07-04-11 03:15 AM
    There's no way to do what you want with the native BlackBerry clock app. I looked in AppWorld and found "Alarm Clock" by Bulbera which might do what you want, based on the description. It has a free trial, so you can check it out.
    07-04-11 07:23 AM
    I try to remember to go into options and put it on silent and only vibrate 1 time short but then have to remember to go back in turn it back up. I wish you could turn vib off also as that has woke me up also.

I'll live with that as I don't like paying for apps that don't give you much.
    07-04-11 08:02 AM
    I have a weekly alarm setup for my work week. Is there a way to have the BB recognize holidays and automatically turn the alarm off on those days?
    if you are syncing with corp system you can do what you want for free... once you have imported your countries holidays into your calendar it is easy to create an appointment to wake you up which skips weekends and holidays... otherwise you will have to pay for a more sophisticated alarm... I wake up at a different time every day so I am used to setting my alarm before I put it on charge for the night...
    07-04-11 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD