I'm still amazed at how RIMM pulled this off. My phone still impresses, I've slept with it in my bed (true story) and it works great, and it keeps getting better for me.

For giggles, I picked up my wife's iPhone at dinner tonight and got bored after thumbing through endless pages of "apps" that never get used or just have little value. I have apps on my phone and I'm very happy. I just don't need an arsenal of apps as I only use a few, but of those, I use them a lot.

Then I tried to type a message - I finally forcefully gave her phone back so that could get back to my 9930. Ah...Felt great!....That iPhone feels like a BRICK in comparison. I guess the extra real-estate is ok to have, but for text, email, chat and an overall great experience, sorry folks, I really feel at home on my new phone...And I can barely feel it in my pocket as it's so stealth. Then we texted back and forth for fun. I asked if she could tell she was getting a text in silent mode - you know, with an indicator light. She said no way. I then mentioned that I could tell who is calling, emailing, texting (silently) just buy setting indicator colors. Again, RIMM great stuff!

Way to go RIMM...It keep getting better...And a new music service comming. Very cool.
    08-26-11 11:04 PM
    I am comming off a Tour which worked well for me and I really liked. Now that I have a bold 9930 I know now what a real smart phone is like. I also do not need 4000 apps that do nothing. I have maybe 14 apps and use them all the time. I couldnt live without my Bold. WTG RIM. Homerun!
    08-26-11 11:10 PM
    I am comming off a Tour which worked well for me and I really liked. Now that I have a bold 9930 I know now what a real smart phone is like. I also do not need 4000 apps that do nothing. I have maybe 14 apps and use them all the time. I couldnt live without my Bold. WTG RIM. Homerun!
    Solo, or grand slam ?

Sent via Gingerbread Deck Incredible
    08-26-11 11:14 PM
    BTW: I forgot to mention....I created some HD video's today from my device..Wow!...Amazing quality and sound....The files are pretty large so I wanted to get them on my MAC...I then transfered them via a Bluetooth connection and I was in business! I was with my brother who was looking at houses so I created a virtual tour for him. Came out great!

That sure was easy and convenient.

But again, the video stabilization mode and HD quality are really amazing.
    08-26-11 11:22 PM
    Hear, hear!
    08-26-11 11:23 PM
    I had an iPhone and my partner at work a droid and we left BB in frustration (we had Tours with Verizon) loving so much but hating the crashing, slow speed and it did not even have wifi.
    We quickly learned that those devices were nice but we felt we were somewhat crippled without our BB,s. When the Torch 1 came out I switched back to BB but my partner hesitated. Even though he was complaining about battery life and e-mail disasters.
    However, we saw the 9930's were on the way and did alot of research. Wow! awesome speeds (finally), great web experience (finally), super sharp display, even more awesome keyboard, still the best e-mail, messaging, security. Additionally, a world phone (iPhone is not on Vz and not even available on Sprint). Reliable call quality, great speakers, good battery life, NFC capable, on and on.
    We got our Bold 9930s on Monday and love them. We keep BBMing each other about how unbelievable this phone is.
    Finally, good job RIMM.
    Honestly, the other devices are nice but if you think about what you want on a smart phone, these new BB should outsell just about any other phone. True, others have more apps but BB has enough and more coming daily. Other phones have 3d cameras and huge video screens but the BB do a great job at pictures, video, and have tremendous resolution on the screens. Also, the BB is famous for reliable communications and I know the iPhone drops your calls if not wrapped in a bumper. I have seen it myself.

One last comment, if you have a droid you can sell it to Sprint for 125 bucks (and they let you keep the SD card) so you can get the Bold 9930 for a net 75 bucks! Awesome! if you try this phone you will love it.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 08-26-11 at 11:49 PM.
    08-26-11 11:37 PM
    Yes, I use my WiFi at home all the time and it sure is convenient, and fast.
    08-26-11 11:46 PM
    I hope AT&T reads these.
    08-26-11 11:47 PM
    ATT isn't selling the 9900/9930?
    08-26-11 11:50 PM
    Not until late October or early November. However, they are selling the Torch 2 which has virtually the same specs and for 49.99!
    08-26-11 11:56 PM
    Well, it hope you ATT people get lucky and get your phones. They are really good and fun to use I might add. You should be impressed, but yes, if I had to wait, that wouldn't be too pleasant.
    08-26-11 11:59 PM
    Can't wait until AT&T releases this phone and then I can't wait until 12/4 when I'm eligible to upgrade.
    08-27-11 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD