I am currently in Afghanistan and am getting an unlocked 9900 sent to me. I know that you can use a blackberry on a local provider (Roshan or Etisalat). I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions/help for me in setting this up or what service to go with. I have been searching the forums but I either couldn't find exactly what I was looking for or the posts were outdated from about 3 years ago. Just wondering if anyone has any updated information and could help me with instructions/recommendations on how to get the BB up and running here.
    02-06-14 11:46 AM
    I am currently in Afghanistan and am getting an unlocked 9900 sent to me. I know that you can use a blackberry on a local provider (Roshan or Etisalat). I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions/help for me in setting this up or what service to go with. I have been searching the forums but I either couldn't find exactly what I was looking for or the posts were outdated from about 3 years ago. Just wondering if anyone has any updated information and could help me with instructions/recommendations on how to get the BB up and running here.
    I think Etisalat is has better service than Roshan but a little on the expensive side..
    02-06-14 12:14 PM
    let me look a little around and I will post the instructions..

Update: here is something which i belive can be usefull to you.
    http://callsinternetafghanistan.word...afghanistan-2/

I think it would be better if you Google "etisalat Afghanistan apn settings" and you will get a lot of good reults.

Good luck.
    02-06-14 12:15 PM
    Does Etisalat have a blackberry specific choice? Also I need to do a prepaid so does that affect this at all. When talking price differences, how much are we talking about?
    02-06-14 12:36 PM
    02-06-14 12:43 PM
    Does Etisalat have a blackberry specific choice? Also I need to do a prepaid so does that affect this at all. When talking price differences, how much are we talking about?
    I am sorry I am on a public computer and every couple of minutes my session ends and I have to re-login and basically start over.
    That is why I am not able to provide you solid instructions and information.

So, they have two packages: Etisalat Afghanistan - Compare Packages both require a 1,000 Afghani activation fee which is roughly around $20.00 and then another 1,000.00 or 2,000Afghani per month. If you want exchange server then you would want to go with the 2000.00 per month.

I don't think price difference is going to be an issue for you because if you converet difference into USD it will no translate even to $5.00.

I am not too sure if they have pre-paid or pospaid packages, but mostly what they do offer is prepaid.

I will look a little into that for you.
    02-06-14 12:58 PM