Hi guys.. Hope you can help...
    I have bb 9000 my friend gave me, he was using it in his company but they gave him new one, and he "forgot" to return this one (pretty sure they don't care where is it).. i wiped it clean, removed IT policy with blank policy, removed BES, updated new OS, unlocked it from T-mo network (sim, network, network subset, service provider, corporate - all disabled), but having problems with "insert sim card" and "SOS" no matter what sim I put in (only sim I haven't tried is his, because he is away). I have few questions:
    1. do you have to have BIS SIM to be able to activate BB funcionality, or prepaid SIM should be able to have network
    2. i still have some strange things in options I don't understand (like browser configuration/options/browser - hotspot browser only!?) is it possible there is more IT protections present?
    3. is there any other type of T-mo's protection I am unaware so still locked to specific SIM
    and 4. is my friend gonna get fired??

thanks in advance, all advice appriciated...
    08-14-11 04:42 AM
    Hi guys.. Hope you can help...

I have bb 9000 my friend gave me, he was using it in his company but they gave him new one, and he "forgot" to return this one (pretty sure they don't care where is it).. i wiped it clean, removed IT policy with blank policy, removed BES, updated new OS, unlocked it from T-mo network (sim, network, network subset, service provider, corporate - all disabled), but having problems with "insert sim card" and "SOS" no matter what sim I put in (only sim I haven't tried is his, because he is away). I have few questions:

1. do you have to have BIS SIM to be able to activate BB funcionality, or prepaid SIM should be able to have network

2. i still have some strange things in options I don't understand (like browser configuration/options/browser - hotspot browser only!?) is it possible there is more IT protections present?

3. is there any other type of T-mo's protection I am unaware so still locked to specific SIM

and 4. is my friend gonna get fired??

thanks in advance, all advice appriciated...

Well you will need BIS to enable internet and e-mail but if it is unlocked you would be able to use it for calls and texting.

Browser config is normal you use it to switch between using BIS (internet browser) and wifi (hotspot browser) as pre OS6 it does not switch automatically.

Aslong as the phone did unlock then it should work and be able to get a signal. If it has been reported as lost or stolen though then a bar would of been placed on the handset rendering it useless as in the UK at least they cannot be lifted.

And I'm afraid no one could say about your friend but I think what his company have done is report it as lost and had a bar placed on the handset so I would not worry about him getting fired.

Hope this helps

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    08-14-11 09:56 AM
    tnx for your answer Jono212..

that was kind of my way of thinking but I googled a lot with this "insert sim card" and "SOS" error and see I'm not the only one with this problem after network unlock, since T-mo SIM was working prior unlock, so I'm not sure it is reported lost... I belive it still has something to do with SIM cards.. I'm not an expert so I am wondering is there a way to check this out?!
    08-14-11 10:50 AM
    I would say then if it was working before unlock it should be fine I have not heard of problems arising from unlocking as when I unlocked mine it was fine so not too sure there I'm afraid. Have you tried a T-Mobile sim since unlock?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    08-14-11 11:26 AM
    1) Go to a TM store and ask them to do a SIM swap. There has been similar problems with some (perhaps older) SIM cards.

2) Ask TM to verify that the phone has not been barred.

3) Ask TM, was the PIN 'released' by the prior owner?

4) To get all the BB services, be sure to obtain for TM some sort of BB plan. (this has been discussed on the CB forum many times)
    08-14-11 11:49 AM
    I tried T-mobile sim this morning.. same reaction "insert sim card" and "SOS"..
    I cannot explain - everything was working ok before unlock.. I'm SURE there is no problem with SIM holder or connectors.. tried to reinstall OS..

running out of options
    08-18-11 02:38 AM
    1) Go to a TM store and ask them to do a SIM swap. There has been similar problems with some (perhaps older) SIM cards.

2) Ask TM to verify that the phone has not been barred.

3) Ask TM, was the PIN 'released' by the prior owner?

4) To get all the BB services, be sure to obtain for TM some sort of BB plan. (this has been discussed on the CB forum many times)
    I will go to T-mobile and check this out, but as I understand I should get some sort of reaction...

how does barred BB act?
    08-18-11 02:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD