I ordered my bold on Wednesday and it will arrive on Monday! I'm quite excited as this is my first blackberry. But on the same note, I have no clue what the best applications are. Does anyone have any recommendations? I know I could go online and search, but sometimes the best resource is asking current users. Also, any tips?

Thanks!!!!
    06-05-10 11:07 PM
    I recommend Berryweather, Quicklaunch, Scoremoblie, Pandora, AP News Mobile, Call Control, CB Launcher and either Bolt or Opera Mini 5 or both.
    06-05-10 11:36 PM
    Learn these shortcuts, they'll make you more efficient than ever:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...oard-shortcuts
    06-06-10 12:01 AM
    BerryWeather
    Poynt
    AppSuperstore
    Viigo
    CaptureIt
    Google Mobile
    LeaveItOn
    06-06-10 12:10 AM
    Even before the phone arrives BB101 in the help forums is a good read.

Then take a few days to find your way around the phone and decide what functions are important to you.

Apps to consider depend on your needs.
    QuickLaunch
    Leave it On
    Forward, Reply and Edit if you do lots of e-mail
    Ubertwitter
    Snaptu
    Flycast or Pandora or Slacker
    CrackBerry Launcher
    Lots more in the CrackBerry App Store.

Whatever, enjoy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-10 05:22 AM
    the only solid advice in this thread is to read the BB101..

as for apps, you need to decide what you want to bother with in terms of apps... it depends on your needs and preferences.. Once you know (say) you want a radio, weather, IM client.. then go ask about the best in that genre....

Also, be careful about taking advice from folks who do not have the same phone... for example.. opera mini does not work on trackpad devices...
    06-06-10 07:23 AM
    Cancel the order, Don't get one, you'll hate it, NOT!

I noticed "captureit" on a previous list. It does a printscreen that comes in very handy. Makes a picture (jpg) of what ever is on your screen.
    06-06-10 08:28 AM
    Quicklaunch
    Meterberry
    Poynt
    06-06-10 08:33 AM
    the only solid advice in this thread is to read the BB101..

as for apps, you need to decide what you want to bother with in terms of apps... it depends on your needs and preferences.. Once you know (say) you want a radio, weather, IM client.. then go ask about the best in that genre....

Also, be careful about taking advice from folks who do not have the same phone... for example.. opera mini does not work on trackpad devices...
    +1, though OM does work, I just can't stand it. Bolt 2.1 beta is much better. OP you'll have a list a mile long from all the comments, I've about 40 apps I use. It's all a matter of what you want to do, and finding what app you prefer to do it with. Get the CrackBerry App Store application, and browse away. You'll find at least two of everything there. For instance, captureit was mentioned, but I like zonasnap much better. There's at least 4 shortcut apps like QuickLaunch, and some of them have a screen capture built in to them. There are hundreds if not thousands of themes to choose from. Many music apps if that's what your into. Apps for monitoring your system, games galore, file management, Windows document viewer/editors, twitter, dictionaries, alarms, instant messengers, blah blah blah. Take your time, and have fun. You're getting the best BlackBerry has to offer right now, and soooooo much memory to play with. Just don't add too many too fast. If there's an issue with one working on your device, you want to know which app is the cause.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!

If everyone spoke Wulfanese, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 06-06-10 at 08:59 AM.
    06-06-10 08:56 AM
    Shazam
    Bolt Browser
    ZenMinder (Can't live without this 1)
    Emergency-ICE (Personal medical info) I have this on the home screen for medical personal.
    ColorId (Or BerryBuzz)
    Genius Medical Diary (Stores medical information of family members, especially if you have kids or if you have older family members)
    Documents To Go (Pricey but if you need an "office" on the go then it's worth it)
    Twitter apps if you have an account.
    06-06-10 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD