This question requires complex verbiage for a rather simple concept...please bear with me.

Ok, I've been using blackberries for over two years now, 8300, 8700c, and now My 9000 - all on ATT.

One thing I've never been able to figure out is how to add phone numbers or e-mail addresses to EXISTING contacts from my call list or e-mail list.

To this point if I have a missed call and I want to add that # to an EXISTING contact, I have to cut and paste the number, go to my address book, open the contact, and paste in the appropriate field...same holds true for e-mail addresses.

If I select "add to contacts" from the menu options from a highlighted # or e-mail, the BB defaults to an Add New Contact screen.

Is there a way to avoid all those steps using a menu selection or Keyboard shortcut?

Let me know!

Thanks!
    08-17-09 10:36 AM
    No, copying and pasting is the only way

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 11:13 AM
    You would think that some of the most basic, core functions would, by now be included in the os such as adding numbers to existing contacts, being given the option to add a number as work or mobile... or ring AND vibrate. Not rim, it would make life too easy. So now we need a different app for all of these.
    08-17-09 11:27 AM
    Wow, thanks for the response guys...I thought it was just me...pretty unbelievable, these devices do so many things right, this seems pretty basic and intuitive...weird.

That being said know of any existing apps that enable this functionality? I probably wouldn't use it, but I'm curious.
    08-17-09 12:14 PM
    Copy and Paste.
    08-17-09 12:34 PM
    or buy a program called "Add to Contact"
    It's $2.99
    08-17-09 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD